Girlfriend

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

Untitledhhy423.png

 

 

 

 

 
Jinki smiled down at his cell, still messaging with Minho over who had the better score in the jewel sorting game they shared on their cellphones. Minho seemed good this evening, at least judging by his socializing with Jinki.
 
“Oppa?”
 
‘Hyung, I told you I would catch up.’
 
“Oppa~?”
 
‘It took me less time than you, face it. I win.’
 
“Jinki.”
 
A hand shoved Jinki’s phone down, big colorful eyes meeting his with a scowling pout. “Aren’t we spending time together?” The girl, Jinki’s current girlfriend of a month or so, twirled long hair in her fingers, looking upset across the café’s table at him. “I want to see you. Are friends that important?”
 
Jinki tried to defend himself, smile gone. “I was only-”
 
“Oppa, is that boy more interesting than me?” she asked, referring to Minho – the friend Jinki was in contact most during their special time together. Neither had ever met, but she seemed much more aware of his presence in Jinki’s life than vise versa. Minho didn’t let on if he really noticed or not. He probably didn’t even care. Maybe that was for the better. Jinki shouldn’t care as much as he still did.
 
Jinki cringed at the young woman. He quickly pocketed his phone and pulled his drink close to sip with a mumbled, “Of course, It’s been too long~.” Jinki grinned. “I want to be with you.”
 
She sweetly smiled back and reached over the table to take one of Jinki’s hands in hers, gently rubbing it while shiny, painted nails brushing his skin. She really was cute, and this young lady didn’t particularly look like someone in his dreams. Jinki was doing a good job, he thought. 
 
Breaking away.
 
Jinki leaned forward and cooed in a shy tease to his girlfriend, receiving a cute whine back before she sipped her own drink again. Jinki laughed behind a raised hand, then sipped his drink once more while watching her intently. Moments later when Jinki’s phone buzzed again, the two made eye contact as Jinki fidgeted anxiously. He knew it was Minho. It wasn’t anything important though.
 
But what if it was.
 
No. Jinki shook the thought and ignored his phone to spend time with the beautiful date in front of him.
 
 
 
“Oppa, you love me, right?”
 
Jinki blinked, nervous laughter falling quickly from his mouth before a real reply. He kissed her soft cheek and mumbled, “Yes.”
 
She smiled with a skeptical glance before taking a step onto the public bus, heading home in the dark night after their date had ended.
 
Jinki waved as the bus left. He mentally kicked himself once the bus was gone from sight, any smile completely vanished from his sour expression. He looked so stupid right now. He had looked stupid in front of her - again. Too often, really.
 
With a heavy sigh, Jinki walked home while checking the missed message from Minho. He didn’t even realize he was smiling again.
 
‘Waiting for you to try beating me again~. ^^’
 
Jinki stayed up too late in the night to play a pointless game on his phone. He admired his new scores and messaged Minho before passing out, ‘I win.’
 
 
 

 

 

 

----

Special thanks to FlaMinhoe for this particular one. She brought up some interesting points I didn't fully develop in words. I wanted to touch on them a little though, so there's this. lol ^^;;