Friday

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was a Friday night and Minseok wanted to do something. Minho had hesitated, knowing things between them were strained. But Minho gave into his brother’s excitement at going out for the night. They went for a movie and even though Minseok saw some friends while out he stuck by Minho instead, waving them off.
 
Minho wasn’t sure how he should feel about that. 
 
 He smiled though, when Minseok wrapped an arm over his shoulders and rambled about a girl he was interested in, as if Minho could somehow give advice on the matter.
 
Minseok looked thoughtful, “Aren’t you still with that girl-”
 
Minho quickly shook his head, still smiling out of nervousness. It barely lasted a week, a pitiful ‘relationship’. Minho wanted to forget it, like a lot of things.
 
“Oh..” Minseok pulled Minho closer, maneuvering them through the Friday night crowd on busy streets. “You hungry?” Minseok asked, quickly changing the subject. He didn’t wait for an answer. “Either way, I’m hungry.”
 
Minho laughed, relaxing into his brother. He focused forward and not on men passing by that were too familiar in form. He refused to have an anxiety attack on this night.
 
“That movie made me hungry.”
 
Minho bumped his head gentle into his brother. “Hyung, you’re always hungry.” 
 
“I’m a growing boy,” Minseok said with all seriousness. 
 
Minho laughed again, wrapping an arm around his brother’s back. “I’m hungry too~.”
 
“Awesome, because I’m about to get some food,” Minseok said as he guided them to a food stand nearby, the smell of a hot meal in the air making Minho’s stomach growl.
 
Whatever tension was between the two after a promise was broken seemed to fade, much like any big fights they had growing up. Minho slept with his brother again that night after weeks of sleeping alone, and he slept free of nightmares curled around his big brother. The next morning, he fastened the necklace around his neck again and tucked it into his shirt, smiling at himself in the mirror before hurrying out to try and show up his brother in video games on a lazy Saturday with a break from schoolwork.
 
He had declined any vague offers to go out. The cozy living room, sitting on the wood floors to play video games maybe a little more seriously than he meant to, was much safer than outside the home. He scooted a little closer to the tv even, expression blank while eyes barely blinked away from the screen. This was still better than trying to hang out with anyone - or any girl he'd alienate within a matter of hours of being alone together.
 
This was easy.
 
Minho was still aware of his brother’s watchful eyes though – something that didn’t used to be there after big fights between them.