Little Princess

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

Untitledvvgh2fh53.png

 

 

 

 

This references a new scene in the revised version found in chapter 10.5.

-----

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hey you, sad-boy!” 
 
Minho turned around at the familiar, childish voice calling. He stopped walking his way by the park, staring at a friendly little girl near a swing set he’s spent a lot of time at in his life. 
 
Little Princess.
 
The child had grown since Minho last saw her, but he could tell by the genuine smile with matching eyes it was her. She hurriedly, and animatedly, called Minho over to the play area. Minho quickly went, grinning. She curtsied in a cute, colorful sundress in the warm weather and Minho laughed a little under his breath, giving an over-dramatic bow in return.
 
“You look happier today.” She pointed out, pulling Minho along with her.
 
“I have to be on my best behavior for a princess.” Minho played, gently brushing off her comment.
 
She turned back, confusion soon turning to glee. “Ah,” she nodded, “I’m the best princess.”
 
Minho smiled wide, “You are.”
 
She giggled, pulling harder.
 
Minho spent a while running around the play structure he really was too old for. But he didn’t care, not while he was visiting her little world again. He actually grew tired playing, due to lack of sleep over several days, and sat down to rest finally. While he did, Little Princess gently played with his hair while standing behind him.
 
“You’re hair has gotten pretty,” she said, while running fingers through the dark, shiny length.
 
“Not as pretty as yours, little princess.” Minho grinned to himself.
 
She giggled and pulled strands up on top, yanking a stretchy bracelet from her wrist to tie it in place. Minho couldn’t bring himself to protest. Maybe in her world he could like who he saw. He smiled wider to himself, little girl’s laughter music to his ears.
 
“Minho-yah!”
 
Before Minho could register it – back to reality, Jinki was standing slightly breathless in front of where he sat, little girl’s fingers still running though his hair behind him. His friend smiled, looking to the girl.
 
“Is this guy your friend?”
 
She nodded proudly, “He’s my prince.”
 
Minho cringed a little and Jinki laughed. 
 
“Is he a good prince?” Jinki asked.
 
“Yes.” 
 
“He’s a cute prince with that little hairdo, huh?” Jinki looked to Minho now, eyes meeting.
 
Minho’s hair was fluffed further, child speaking matter-of-factly, “Pretty prince like story books.”
 
Jinki nodded in agreement, saying “Handsome,” and Minho swore his face didn’t warm from the smile his friend sent him. He chewed his lips, breaking eye contact first to curl his face down into his shoulder subconsciously.
 
Minho soon excused himself from playing, needing to leave with his friend. He pulled the hair-tie from his head, handing it back and smiling, already missing the fun place he got to visit again because of the little princess’s imagination. He bowed, dramatically giving his saddest apologies while the girl giggled, “Goodbye pretty prince,” before leaving with Jinki, some kind of knowing smile tugging at his friend’s lips even though he didn’t comment on what he had found Minho up to.
 
He still hadn’t gotten her name. Maybe it didn’t matter. She was still Little Princess and he was Pretty Prince.
 
Pretty.
 
Maybe that was okay.