Fine

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Hyung,” Minho asked one evening while he studied in his brother’s room for the company, though he wouldn’t be up-front abut that fact, “Is it.. those hospital tests.. could they have missed something?”
 
Minseok stopped his loud typing of an class paper over his laptop to look up at Minho sitting at his desk near the door, younger now slightly hunched over. Minho listened to his brother’s sigh, because this wasn’t the first time he had asked that ‘silly’ question. “The tests were good. You’re okay.”
 
Minho slowly nodded, forcing a smile. “Yeah.”
 
He wasn’t so sure. Maybe those tests turned out okay, but there was still something very wrong. They clearly had left something deep inside him he couldn’t even scrub out.
 
Minseok’s voice showed concern, “Minho-yah?”
 
Minho turned back to look at his brother with that masked happy face back in place – where it belonged. “I’m just sleepy from all this work.” He animatedly stretched his body over the desk chair, eyes falling sleepily lidded. Minho was soon nearly pouting while absently running fingers through long hair to get it off his face. It wasn’t long before Minseok gave in, shoving his laptop aside.
 
“Let’s watch a movie or something? The tv is free, right?”
 
Minho was up quickly, gathering his schoolwork in a hurry with a nod. “I’ll get the snacks~.”
 
Minseok laughed a little, surely happy to have a break himself too. “Goof..” He called to Minho as the younger left the bedroom, nearly spilling his books to the floor.
 
Minho stood in the quiet kitchen, trying to shake unwanted thoughts while he prepared quick snacks to munch on. Watching some old, familiar movie both boys loved was enough to make Minho forget for the night. He smiled while eating and discussing the movie, like usual when something wasn’t a new watch for them. It felt good to make his brother laugh so hard he fell to the side of the couch because of an impression he gave with a silly quote from the film. Minho smiled wide with a short laugh of his own.
 
He forgot he was sick.