Strength

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

Untitledghjhgj6555.png

 

 

 

 

 
 
 
 
A soccer teammate, one who used to be a lot closer of a friend, gentled grabbed at Minho’s necklace that was hanging out of his lazy practice clothes that were sure to cover most of his body even in good weather. Minho flinched at the sudden contact, but his teammate didn’t seem to notice, or just didn’t comment on it. 
 
“You have a girlfriend again?” he asked then mumbled, “Been forever, man.” He wasn't aware of Minho trying to hold a relationship and it never working out these days. He just wasn't public with anyone yet like in the past when a girl would come watch him practice, like other teammates and their girlfriends still do currently.
 
Minho pushed the fingers touching his things back, annoyed in a way he probably wouldn’t have been in the past by the invasion of his privacy. He frowned, “If you’re trying to call my brother a girlfriend then..”
 
The slightly shorter teammate stepped back, face a little horrified but quickly turning into a big smile and loud laugh. “I forgot.. you were funny.” The friend looked off, seeming suddenly saddened by something. His smile showed it even if he didn’t mean to.
 
Minho smiled a little at that, head dropping to hide behind long hair. The teammate clapped Minho’s shoulder then ran off to other teammates calling for him. Minho’s fingers found his necklace again, looking down at matching initials with a snort of laughter. 
 
Maybe he did get some sort of strength from a little chain necklace.
 
Minho tucked it back inside his shirt and hurried to the gathering group as his name was called.
 
 
 
At night, brother a sleep and Minho awake in Minseok's bed from another nightmare he forgot with a jolt awake, Minho rolled over and curled in closer to his brother. In a moment he groggily his lips, mouth slowly pressing to Minseok's in a soft, silly and sleepy kiss. Minho smiled at the comfort and courage it gave him. He could go back to sleep now and face whatever nightmares awaited him. 
 
Minho’s dreams are dark again, not remembered when he wakes that he was covered in his brother's blood, knife gripped tightly in one hand beside him while familiar male voices laughed at what he had become.
 
 
“You still wear this?” Minseok pulled at the chain around Minho's neck, sleepy eyes blinking awake to the new morning. He shifted over his bed, fingers still feeling the necklace.
 
Minho dropped his leg lazily over Minseok's waist, giving a tired smile. He tried brushing some of the hair sticking to him from sweat of another bad night, trying to see clearly. “I still like it.”
 
Minseok released the chain and shoved a little at Minho with a smile and groggy stretch before sitting up in bed. “You should shower before school,” Minseok pointed out while nodding at a clock, “Time to get up.”
 
Minho frowned, not liking that. He had had a shower before bed, yet it was useless now because of his bad nights. He dragged himself from bed, not pleased with facing another day in his current mood. He rather lay in bed with his brother and get more sleep. 
 
His fingers brushed his dry lips, a vague memory of the night coming back. He glances at Minseok who had climb from bed himself, shuffling around his room with a yawn. Minho shrugged it off and left for a shower he really did need to keep short, no distracting thoughts that only ended with scraps covering his skin below his stomach or back. Minho left the chain around him while showering quickly and mindlessly.
 
The necklace was tucked into Minho's school uniform again that day, taken with him for the support.