Kiss

It (does)n’t happen - intermediate -

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Minho woke, breathing deeply with eyes wide open trying to adjust to the lighting of the bedroom. He had been dreaming, but not nightmares. Or were they still? He shook his head, rolling over in bed to find his brother facing him, still asleep. He smiled, sleepy mind amused by what he could see in the dimly lit room.
 
He poked his brother’s cheek, giving a small laugh at no reaction from his Minseok. They did tend to share some sleeping habits. Minho moved closer, images of his dream replaying in is mind.
 
Dreams of kissing his friend in a way he still shouldn’t be. Still, when it happened, he enjoyed. He liked kissing a boy. Was that a thing? Did he like boys? Minho squinted his eyes, looking closely at his brother. He just looked a sleep and dumb, really.
 
When he thought of Jinki he didn’t really have a reaction either. Not that flustered feeling like pretty girls or crushes would make him feel.
 
Minho remembered a certain warm smile though and soothing voice – things that could make him smile without wanting to. Things that could calm him.
 
He shook his head and rubbed sleepy eyes.
 
Minho chewed his mouth, thoughtful, as much as his sleepy mind could be, on his sickness. He wondered if he just liked kissing boys now period, that was all. Maybe it had nothing to do with Jinki or how he felt. He gripped the necklace from under his shirt, trying to think clearly. Trying to make sense what everything again.
 
Minho inwardly shrugged and tried the best thing his tired, broken mind could come up with. He moved his head forward, eyes closing and lips pressing to the only other boy he had around anymore. His brother didn’t wake, or even stir in his sleep. Minho pulled back, opening his eyes again. 
 
He didn’t really feel anything in particular – other than the quick fear of a beating he could receive if Minseok actually did wake up.
 
Minho tried again, flicking his tongue over his brother’s dry lips, like Jinki has done with him.
 
Still, nothing. 
 
Minho wrinkled his nose. Maybe it was the fact that it’s family he was trying it on. It didn’t feel the same. In a way, he felt a familiar comfort, but Minho was sure that was his family bond. It wasn’t really the same, not the spark or higher level of comfort, not even the little tingles like from kissing a girl. Minho rolled over, pushing away his thoughts that only seemed to grow more confusing now. He fell back to sleep, dreaming of his friend’s mouth over his in quick kisses hidden away from everyone.