Can't Give You Up

y, Free & Single

Taeyeon paced back and forth, glancing at her phone every 5 seconds. The phone finally rang and she didn't hesistate to answer.

 

"Y-yobeseyo?"

 

"Hi." Tayeon didn't know how to explain this feeling. Even when he said a simple hi her heart wouldn't stop beating so fast. "I was wondering if you were busy tomorrow." She shook her head even though he couldn't see her.

 

"N-no! I'm completely free tomorrow." She heard him chuckle on the other line and she took a deep breath. Taeyeon plopped herself on the sofa and she felt more relaxed. 

 

"Well, I was just thinking that maybe we should go on a date. I-I mean....we are getting married after all so we might as well get to know each other." Taeyeon felt a sense of release realizing he was just as nervous talking to her. She smiled widely.

 

"Sure."

 

>oOo<

 

One date led to another. And then another. Until finally the two realized that what they had was more than just a buiness matter. They might have been getting married because of an arranged marriage, but that didn't matter because the two were in love. True love. 

 

"You know Tiffany....most arranged marriages don't end up like ours. They usually never fall in love. Maybe they become friends....but not lovers." His arm was wrapped around her waist and she rested her head on his shoulder.

 

"Yeah. Lucky us." Taeyeon couldn't tell him. She couldn't tell him that this entire relationship was based on a lie. If she told him then she would have to give him up to Tiffany.

 

"What's the matter?" He looked at her, worried with how she had been acting the entire day.

 

"Nothing." Both of them knew she was lying. "I just....Leetuk, what would you do if I say I'm not who you think I am?" He furrowed his eyebrows and was in deep thought.

 

"Whether you're the Queen of England or a simple maid in a palace I fell in love with you and nothing can change that." 

 

>oOo<

 

"This is Lee Ho-won. You'll be engaged to him. You're official meeting with him will be in a few days." Taeyeon's eyes widened. She stared at the picture .

 

"But, why do I need to get married? I thought Tiffany-"

 

"One marriage isn't going to save the company. As much as it pains me to do this to you I have to. I'm doing this for all of us. You're doing this for all of us." Taeyeon was emotionless, but tears rolled down her cheeks.

 

>oOo<

 

"T-Tiffany? What are you doing here? It's really late-" She quickly hugged him, surprising him. She cried on his chest and he just hugged her tightly back. She looked up at him.

 

"Let's leave Korea."

 

She couldn't give him up. Even if it meant she would have to leave all the problems on Tiffany's shoulders.

 

>oOo<

 

Hoya skimmed the marriage papers. Then he read it thoroughly, trying to see if it was fake. He couldn't believe his eyes. Tiffany was already engaged to someone else and their wedding date wasn't far away.

 

"You have to give her up. She's not yours to keep."

 

"There's no way this is true. It can't be."

 

"What other evidence do you need? The documents are all there in your hands. What you had with Tiffany was just a fling. She's already engaged to someone else. So just-"

 

"No! Tiffany would've told me! She would've told me!" 

 

Taeyeon scoffed. "You think she would tell you? How many guys do you think she's been with? You're just another one of her pastimes. Don't be conceited. You're not the only one she's said I love you to." Taeyeon grabbed the documents and showed him the one that he had missed. "You see this?" She pointed to the bottom of the page. "That's Tiffany's signature. That's all the proof you need."

 

Hoya slowly looked down to confirm what she said with his own eyes. He recognized it. The heart beside the 'Y', the lower case t, the cursive letters. It was all hers. It was true. Everything Taeyeon said was true.

 

"Y-you're right..........Tiffany doesn't love me." 

 

Betrayl and sadness was shown in Hoya's. Taeyeon watched as he walked out of his office. There was no turning back now. She did what she had to do.