Ruined

y, Free & Single

Tiffany held the shopping bag close to her, protecting it. It took her weeks to think of the perfect Valentine's day gift for Hoya and she was going to make sure that nothing would ruin her plans. She walked to the apartment, smiling thinking what Hoya's reaction would be. *I wonder if he got me anything....*

 

She entered the apartment, fully aware that Hoya wouldn't be home for a few hours. She quickly took out the gift from the shopping bag and began to set everything up. Tiffany planned a beautiful dinner and she kept it a secret from Hoya that she had been taking cooking classes.....since she couldn't cook.

 

She had set a beautiful table for two and she was tempted to take a picture of her masterpiece. The oven timer dinged and Tiffany smiled triumphantly. "It doesn't smell burnt."

 

>oOo<

 

"Stop smiling like that." Dongwoo gave Hoya a disgusted look. "This whole lovey dovey vibe coming from you is freaking me out."

 

"You're just jealous."

 

"True. I'm jealous that I don't get to spend Valentine's day with a special girl like Tiffany, but even if I could I wouldn't be showing off." Hoya chuckled. 

 

Like Tiffany, he had been thinking about the perfect gift for weeks and finally found the most extravagant present. He was confident that she would shed tears of joy after receiving her gift.

 

"So what did you get her?" Dongwoo tilted his head, slightly curious. Hoya went to his desk and opened the drawer. He smirked and opened the little box revealing the ring. Dongwoo's jaw dropped and he looked at Hoya.

 

"Wooow. So, you're finally gonna propose." Dongwoo smiled and patted Hoya. "I wish you two the best." 

 

>oOo<

 

Hoya began to pack up and he couldn't wipe away the grin from his face. He placed the little box in his briefcase and Tiffany's smiling face appeared in his mind. He chuckled and was about to leave, but an unexpected person entered his office.

 

Hoya's eyes widened and he clenched the handle of his briefcase. "Taeyeon..."

 

>oOo<

 

Tiffany looked at the clock, patted down her dress, fixed her hair, and waited patiently near the door. She smiled widely, clearly excited.

 

>oOo<

 

"It's nice...to finally meet you." Taeyeon gave him a small smile and walked toward the sofa in his office. Hoya watched, amazed she was there, after all this time. She sat down and glanced at him.

 

"What are you doing here?" Taeyeon raised and eyebrow. "I mean, where have you been? Do you know how worried Tiffany was? How could you-"

 

"I'm back aren't I?" Hoya scoffed. "How is she?"

 

"She's fine. She's doing fine without you." Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows.

 

"Is that so? That's not what my father has been telling me. He told me that you forced her to live with you until I come back. Who knows what kind of torture you've been putting her through." Hoya couldn't believe his ears. He would have to have a talk with their father later.

 

"We both know he's a liar." Taeyeon nodded her head. "Then, you have no reason to be here. Tiffany is perfectly safe with me and....she's happy. I'm happy." Hoya smiled a little, catching the attention of Taeyeon. She stood up and approached him.

 

"Tell me.....are you in love with her?" Hoya furrowed his eyebrows. "You can't."

 

"And why not? You're not in the position to tell me who I can and can't love. Even if the person I want to spend the rest of my life with is your younger sister."

 

"Have you forgotten that you're supposed to get married to me?" Hoya smirked.

 

"I haven't. I actually want to thank you. If you didn't leave, Tiffany and I wouldn't be together."

 

"Is that so? Well, I'm glad you two have had your fun. But, it needs to end. She's not yours." Taeyeon pulled out a yellow envelope from her purse and handed it to Hoya. He opened it and took out the papers. "As you can see, Tiffany is legally married to someone else already."

 

>oOo<

 

Tiffany sat at the dining table, looking at the clock again. "Where could he be?"