Taeyeon's Replacement

y, Free & Single

Tiffany opened her bedroom door, quietly entering her room. It was three in the morning and she didn't need her father yelling at her right now. Just when she thought she successfully entered her room without anyone knowing, the lights flicked on.

Her eyes widened, but she sighed when she saw her sister, who didn't look very happy. Her arms were crossed and she glared at Tiffany.

"Do you have any idea what time it is? Tiffany, you promised me you wouldn't go out and party anymore!" Tiffany giggled and threw her heels on the floor. She plopped herself on the unmade bed. 

"Hey, at least I didn't come home seven in the morning." She giggled again, but Taeyeon wasn't so pleased. She let out a sigh and sat down on the bed.

"I can't keep covering for you." Tiffany raised an eyebrow and sat up.

"And why not? Dad will always believe you and won't ever question you, so what's the big deal?" Tiffany pouted, earning a giggle from her sister.

"You know I don't like lying." Tiffany nodded her head. Her sister was such a good person, and good people don't lie. She knew it was always hard to tell their dad lies about where Tiffany really was, but if she didn't. . .it would be a beating for Tiffany. "Please, Tiffany. Just stay home for once. Aren't you tired of partying everyday?" Tiffany smiled and shook her head. 

She could never get tired of it. Going to parties was better than being home. Anywhere was better than home. Taeyeon let out another sigh and got up. "Well, get some rest. Tomorrow is a big day." Tiffany scrunched her nose and Taeyeon grinned.

She covered her body with her blanket and stared up at the ceiling, looking at the glow in the dark stars her mother had put up years ago. Tiffany let out a sigh as she remembered  her, her mother, and Taeyeon laying on the bed, looking at the stars. But, after their mother, it was just Tiffany and Taeyeon. After tomorrow, it would only be Tiffany.

 

>oOo<

 

It was three in the afternoon. Tiffany woke up to the sound of laughter from downstairs. She sat up, her eyes still closed. She realized she was still wearing the clothes from last night and immediately went toward her closet to change into something that didn't smell like alcohol.

Tiffany brushed her hair and smiled at her image. She wore a sheer black blouse with a floral corset underneath, a pair of skinny jeans, and studded stilettos. As soon as she was done putting on her makeup she headed downstairs.

Tiffany walked through the hall, down the main stairway, into the kitchen. She didn't pay any attention to her father who was talking to a very good looking guy in the living room. But, the very good looking guy obviously noticed her. His eyes widened and he blushed a little. His attention was then turn back to her father. He sighed, disappointed she didn't even steal a glance at him.

"Sorry about her. That's my other daughter. Don't mind her. Taeyeon will be down here any moment. But, please, do tell me about yourself." He smiled and for a second looked over at Tiffany, who was chugging down the gallon of milk. 

"Well, I wasn't planning to get married at such a young age, but I'm more than flattered that you would trust your daughter with me. I'll make sure to take care of sir." The older man laughed and Hoya just grinned. There was an awkward silence, and Tiffany couldn't help but chuckle. Her father glared at her before smiling back at Hoya.

"Excuse me for a moment." He walked toward Tiffany and was obviously furious. In a soft tone he yelled at Tiffany, "Would you please into something decent?!" Tiffany scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Go get Taeyeon! Now!" Tiffany scrunched her nose and headed back upstairs, not realizing Hoya was staring at her. He sighed again, not being able to catch her attention.

 

>oOo<

 

"Taeyeon, dad wants you-" She opened the door wide open and furrowed her eyebrows. The room was neat as always, but Taeyeon wasn't there. Tiffany walked in, noticing a few things were missing. Her eyes soon landed on the folded paper on the table. Her eyes widened and jaw dropped. 

She began to panic. How was she going to explain this to her dad? He was going to be furious and Tiffany would have to deal with that. She gripped the note in her hand and slowly walked back downstairs.

Hoya stood up, and following him was her father. Tiffany gulped and looked at her dad, worried how he might react. But, she glanced over at Hoya and sighed in relief. He wasn't going to beat her if there was a guest. She stood beside Hoya, and his eyes widened. His palms got sweaty, but she didn't seem to notice.

"Um, Taeyeon. . .is gone." Her father raised an eyebrow, clenching his fists.

"What do you mean? Did you look all over the place? There's no way she's gone. Go back and-" Tiffany opened the note and shoved it in his face. His eyes began to scroll the letter and his face became beet red. "That little-"

"Sorry, but it seems you won't be getting married. Congrats." Tiffany smiled at Hoya and was about to walk back upstairs.

"Wait!" Tiffany and her father both looked at Hoya, who looked like he was running out of breath. She furrowed her eyebrows and tilted her head. "I-I-I don't mind if I marry. . . you." His face became a little flushed and Tiffany raised her eyebrows.

"No no no. You don't have to do that Hoya. She's rebellious and is not good enough for you." Tiffany crossed her arms and scoffed. 

"I'm standing right here you old geezer." He turned to her and mouthed the words '' before smiling back at Hoya.

"It's really okay. I want to marry Tiffany." Hoya glanced at her, but his eyes quickly went to the floor. He was so nervous right now, it was so unlike him.

"Are you sure?" Tiffany's jaw dropped. Were they really deciding her life for her right now?! Hoya slowly nodded his head.

"I can't believe this! There's no way!" They both looked at a fuming Tiffany. Her father approached her and faked a smile.

"Now sweetie, you have to do this to save the company-"

"Your company is bull." Hoya chuckled, earning stares from the both of them.

"I know this might seem. . .a bit too fast for you, but I have a proposition for you." Tiffany glared at him. "You'll be engaged to me for 3 months and if Taeyeon isn't back by then, you'll have to marry me." Tiffany laughed and approached Hoya.

"So you want me to search for her? Puh-lease! I can barely find half of my shoes in my closet." Hoya chuckled.

"It's your choice. Find her in 3 months or get married to me in 1 month."

"How about none of the above?" Tiffany turned around and was quickly stopped by her father's glare. She knew that glare oh too well. She thought for a moment and sighed.

"Fine. But during those three months I want to live with you." Hoya's eyes widened.

"R-really?" Tiffany smirked. "W-why?"

"Let's just say, I'll work better if I'm not home." Hoya immediately nodded his head. She stared at his face one last time before heading back upstairs to pack her stuff.