Leaving Them Brokenhearted

The Key to a Demon's Heart

Junhyung POV
 

Thoughts were flooding my mind of where Madeline could be. I was pacing back and forth in the apartment, thinking whether or not I should call the police.
"Quit pacing," said Dongwoon," You're making my head hurt."
"HOW ARE YOU NOT WORRIED??" I asked.
"You are the only one that ever seems to be worried," Hyunseung said in monotone.
"Shut up," I said.
"I'm getting a bag of chips," Hyunseung said nonchalantly.
It was at that exact moment that the doorbell rang. I literally ran to the door. I opened it to see a puffy-eyed Madeline waiting at the door. I immediately hugged her.

"Where have you been?" asked I," You had us worried!"
"Actually, you only had HIM worried," Hyunseung said coming out the kitchen with a bag of chips.
"Shut up," I said,"Anyway, where have you been?"
"No where..." she said with red eyes. She looked like she was ready to cry.
"What happened? Have you been crying?" I asked with a worried expression written on my face.
"No...I...I just think...we both...need some time off from each other..." she said wtih tears in her eyes.
"What?" I asked. I don't think I heard clearly...when we finally got to be together...she was...breaking up with me?
"I'm sorry...We just can't be together," she said now crying.
I laughed a bitter laugh.
"Haha, very funny, right guys? I didn't think our little girl had such a sense of humor," I said. I was hoping that it would be a joke...but the silence proved it wasn't. I didn't know what to feel. Angry? Upset? Ready to cry? Going to sulk in a corner? All these feelings just rushed to me at once and I just pushed her out.
"GO!" I screamed,"GO AS FAR AWAY FROM ME AS YOU CAN! SEE IF I CARE! YOU ARE WORSE THAN YOON MINA! YOU PLAYED WITH MY HEART? FINE. I'LL PLAY WITH YOURS! I NEVER LOVED YOU. HAPPY? YOU ARE MY PLAY TOY AS MUCH AS I WAS YOURS! I'M HAPPY WE BROKE UP. BECAUSE YOU WERE A NUISANCE ANYWAY!"

She broke down crying and ran from the building. I felt guilt after that. I didn't mean anything that I had said. I loved her with all my heart...But now I just felt that heart ripped right out of me. I went straight to my room and locked the door. Outside I could hear the banging of the B2ST members calling me out and trying to cheer me up. But at the same time, I couldn't hear them, because what I heard wasn't them, it was that heart wrenching experience, it was seeing Madeline cry, me...being the one making her cry. I just broke her heart as much as she broke mine.