The Ice Rink

The Key to a Demon's Heart

The next day…
-------------------------------
Madeline’s POV
-------------------------------
I sat in the back as usual, keeping the picture as close as possible so that witch won’t get it. This is only the beginning. Beside me sat Junhyung and Yoseob as usual. It was as if nothing happened…but how did these annoying idols that I steered clear from…become my “friends”? The day sped by quickly as usual, and since I was hanging with B2ST all the bullies stayed away. I guess they were good for something. We all went to lunch, and I didn’t eat as usual, the food there was horrible. I was reading when I heard a clank in front of me; I lifted my head and saw a coffee cup.
“You should at least drink something,” Yoseob said with a smile. I shook my head and then looked up with big eyes.
“Aigoo,” Dongwoon said pinching my cheeks,” You are so cute.”
I took his hand and gave him a death stare.
“Don’t ever,” I said,” do that again.”
“Why are you still so cold to us?” Hyunseung asked.
“I’m not a people person since I don’t go out, and I don’t like being “nice”,” I said.
“Ohhhh,” they all said in unison.
“Well how about we take you out then?” Doojoon asked with a smile.
“Ummm…” I thought.
“That’s a YES!” Yoseob said cheerfully. I didn’t even answer!
“Meet us at the ice rink after school,” Yoseob said.
“Where is that?” I asked.
“Right next to the park,” Junhyung answered.
“Fine,” I said. I guess it’s nice to go out once in a while. Aish! I was growing a soft spot for them! Should I act colder to them because of this, or should I just be n-n-n-nice...
Afterschool
-------------------------------
Madeline’s POV
-------------------------------
“Come in the van,” Yoseob said.
“S-seven people in one tiny little van?” I stuttered.
“Including our manager,” Dongwoon added.
“C-can’t the roof open or s-something?” I asked. They all shook their heads.
“I-I’ll walk then,” I said. Like I said before…tight spaces…aren’t my “thing”.
“Come on, your claustrophobia can’t be that bad, can it?” Dongwoon said. You thought wrong Dongwoon, it is, but they rushed me into the van anyways.
“It’s faster, and we have a rushed appointment!” Gikwang said cheerfully. I sat in the window seat, Yoseob sat in the middle, Yoseob sat at the other window seat, and the rest of the members sat in the back while the manager drove. The car ride felt like forever. I closed my eyes, but it didn’t work. I couldn’t breathe in that van! Beads of sweat formed and my mouth went dry. I bumped my head on the glass in hopes of getting out, and getting some air. This was a 30 minute car drive!!! Suddenly, I felt a warm hand touch mine.
“It’s okay, you don’t need to be afraid, we’re almost there,” Yoseob said with a smile, with that smile, all my fears melted away. He held my hand all the way there.
“Let’s go!” Yoseob said enthusiastically. They all left one by one and Yoseob and I were the only ones left, he was about to let go of me and follow them out, but I squeezed his hand tightly meaning,” Don’t let go.” I guess he understood because he held on tightly as well. We walked in silently and my heart beat quickly. Once we saw the B2ST members I quickly let go of his hand. It was fun while it lasted…
We got our skates, this was really the first time I saw something like it. It was…peculiar… Usually I would stay home and listen to classical music while reading literature. Pretty dull right? I wobbled with the skates on. Since it was cold I hid half of my expressionless face in the scarf.
“You look so cute!!” Dongwoon said again pinching my cheeks; I guess he forgot what I said about doing that. I let it slide with a smile. My cheeks were red from the cold. They all got on the ice. I wobbled there like a penguin with my scarf still covering half of my face. Once I got on the ice, I fell right away. I used the door frame to stand up, only to fall down again. How in the world were there no rails at all? I held onto the entrance gate as my feet slid this way and that. Then I felt another warm touch grab my arm. Then I was yanked from the entrance gate, I went this way and that.
“What, you never went ice-skating before?” Junhyung asked. He was the one pulling me along. I tumbled forward, and he caught me.
“Put your foot outward, and slowly glide one by one,” he said. I did as he said. We skated the rest of the time together…while the other B2ST members did it by themselves. The whole time, my heart went as fast a cheetah. It was then…that I knew…the B2ST members were slowly sweeping me off my feet, slowly thawing out my cold heart, slowly turning the key to this demon’s heart…

Junhyung’s POV
-------------------------------
It…felt so refreshing to be with her. I felt I could just let it all go. It was…fun teaching her. She was cute, following every single instruction so well. My heart would pound every second I was with her. She looked so beautiful behind that plaid scarf. The time soon ran out. We had to go…
“Do you want us to take you home,” Dongwoon asked.
“No, the van is really…stuffy…I’d rather walk home,” she said with a smile, at least she was nicer now.
“At this hour??” Doojoon asked,” It’s 10:00 p.m.!! The robbers might come out at this time of night!! Like last time!!”
“Like I said those weren’t robbers!!” Madeline said,” Aish, you won’t believe me anyways, annyeong!”
They all waved.
“I really think we should’ve taken her home,” Hyunseung said.
“But she’s claustrophobic in a car like ours,” I said.
“Let’s go,” Dongwoon whined. We got in the car, and soon we got home and went to sleep, idols don’t get a lot of sleep you know…I wonder if Madeline got home safely…