The Picture and Our Friendship

The Key to a Demon's Heart

Yoon Mina POV
-------------------------------
I saw Madeline talking with B2ST. She wasn’t even a fan of B2ST! Why would they even bother to talk to her?  She was a complete nobody.  That should be me.  I’m the prettiest, most popular girl in school. Well…  This deserves punishment. I laughed. I saw Madeline look outside as I took the picture, and a match, time for her to get what she deserved.
-------------------------------
Junhyung POV
-------------------------------
We were all talking, while Madeline just stayed quiet and drank the coffee we ordered her, at least she was a friend now, not a complete stranger. I was happy, but I looked up and saw Madeline’s face deadly pale once she looked outside.
“Are you okay?” I asked her.
“Y-yea…”she said dazed, still looking outside.
I turned around and saw Mina outside smirking, holding a lit match and a picture. Was this Madeline’s picture? I stood up.
“Where are you going?” Madeline asked in panic.
“To help you,” I answered.
 I ran outside and grabbed Mina’s wrist.
“Stop,” I said firmly.
Mina looked at me with fear in her eyes. I realized Madeline chased after me. I grabbed the picture from Mina and gave it back to Madeline.
“It’s half burnt, but it’s still something,” I said smiling.
Mina left furiously. I saw a tear fall from Madeline’s eyes, and then she ran to hug me tightly.
“Thank you, thank you so much,” she said. My heart beat so much faster than before, and I could feel myself blushing. I pushed her away.
“I-it’s no problem,” I mumbled. The B2ST members came out to see what was wrong. Madeline had one hand wiping her tears and one hand holding the burnt picture.
“What’s wrong??” the B2ST members asked,” Did you make her cry Junhyung?”
“No,” I said,” Madeline just found her precious item…What’s so special about that picture anyway?” I asked.
“It was the last picture me and my parents took together…this is the ONLY thing I have of them…” Madeline said.
“Why can’t you just make a copy?” Dongwoon asked.
Madeline turned the picture around still crying. There were words on the back…
“Dear Madeline,
by the time you read this…firstly, you learned to read! Congrats! Secondly, mommy and daddy won’t be there for you anymore…so…take good care of yourself and don’t let the bad people get you! Take the photo to remember us by!
~your loving parents”
There were blood stains on there too; I guess they wrote this right when they were dying…
“Why can’t you print that side too?” Dongwoon asked.
She looked up.
“Never, they wanted me to have this and ONLY this for me to remember them by not some copy that isn’t the real thing, One man’s trash is another man’s treasure,” she said sadly.
“Do you want us to take you home?” Yoseob asked. She shook her head and then faced me.
“Thank you Junhyung,” she said with a slight smile.
“If you ever need anything we’ll be by your side!” Yoseob said cheerfully. She nodded. I guess that means…we’re friends now…but what happens if…we want to be MORE than just “friends”…