My Knight in Shining Armor

The Key to a Demon's Heart

Narrator’s P.O.V.
-------------------------------
One little detail that was left out from the last chapter:
“Release the gas~,” Mina said in a sing-song tone. Madeline pounded on the door in puzzlement…What gas…I’m the narrator and I don’t even know…
“What gas?” Madeline asked.
“Oh, you’ll see Madeline Lee, after this, you’ll surely NEVER EVER even be courageous enough to step out of your front door ever again,” Mina said in an evil tone. Soon a type of gas was released in the supply closet, and a voice came through Mina’s walky-talky.
“We brought the wrong type of gas!! The person might actually die in there!!” said the static voice. Madeline pounded on the door.
“Let…me out…” she coughed. Mina looked around not knowing what to do.
“I-I’m rich, no one will ever suspect the innocent rich girl, t-t-they’ll just think it was suicide,” Mina stammered, and she ran, and left Madeline to rot in the supply closet. Again, would B2ST make it in time?
-------------------------------
Junhyung’s P.O.V.
-------------------------------
I ran as fast as I could back to the school. On my way into the school, I bumped into Mina; she looked at me with big eyes and ran out as quickly as possible. I had no time to catch her. I had to save Madeline…but was I too late? I ran inside the school and I heard someone screaming for help and pounding on a door. Was it Madeline? Was she trapped somewhere…but…where? The deeper I went into the school, the louder the sound became. Suddenly, the sound stopped and I heard faint crying sounds from the supply closet…Madeline? I opened the door and there was Madeline, crying in the corner, she looked up and rushed into my arms still crying. At first, I didn’t even think she HAD feelings, but seeing her cry now…made my heart ache for some reason. I put my arms around her as I comforted her…what did Mina do to make her cry? I’ll get her back. I will.
-------------------------------
Yoseob’s P.O.V.
-------------------------------
I ran as fast as I could back to the school to see the door already open. Did Junhyung arrive already? I heard crying down the hall and ran for it. I saw the supply closet door open…and Junhyung comforting Madeline…I felt…that should be me…if only I was a little faster…I could be the one comforting Madeline…being by her side, making sure she’s all right. I heard footsteps behind me, the other members arrived. They rushed in to see Madeline. They all helped her out while I stood there and did nothing. What could I do at the moment?
-------------------------------
Madeline’s P.O.V.
-------------------------------
I cried as I felt as if all the oxygen had been drained from the air, this was an extremely terrifying experience at the moment, every single sound, every single detail seemed to be magnified a thousand times. I couldn’t get any oxygen in my lungs. What was this gas? Would I rot in here and die forever terrified? This was another reason I was scared of small spaces. No. Way. Out. It felt as if time stood still, until the door finally opened. I looked up and quickly ran into my shining knight’s arms. He felt warm, I kept crying though…I thought I would never be able to get out of here again. His touch felt familiar though. The quick beating of his heart, this warm feeling. The warm feeling he gave made my heart beat even faster. I looked up with teary eyes.
“Are you okay?” he asked. My vision was blurred with tears…but was my shining knight…Junhyung? I hugged him tightly after seeing who he was. The other B2ST members helped me out, but I couldn’t help but look at Junhyung. My legs felt so weak. Maybe I just had too much of that gas that Mina released. I continued walking, but before I knew it, I fell to the ground. I could still hear the B2ST members screaming my name. How did they get here? Were they actually that worried? Was it destined for Junhyung to be the one to find me first? Were the B2ST members…another soft spot for me, other than my picture?