Chapter 26

The Obstacles of Love&Friendship;

Luhan's perspective 

We finally arrived at the party, the whole area had the stench of booze. Another typical teenaged party, couples practically doing the "deed" right on the floor. Knowing Sehun, he is always so uncomfortable in these type of surroundings. I looked over at him, Minjoo was clinging onto his arm. I tried speaking to him over the booming sound of the bass in the background, but he didnt hear me.

Minjoo kept whispering stuff in his ear, he seemed to be really pleased by whatever she was telling him. They were inseparable from each other, leaving me by myself, all alone. 

I went over to go get myself a drink, trying to give myself something to do. I was surrouded by a flock of attractive girls, and yet I didnt even bother to talk to any of them. Some of them even tried flirting with me, but I would just daze off staring at Sehun.

This isn't like me... with all these pretty girls all over, why do my eyes keep going back to him?

I stayed near the snack/drink area, my eyes glued on him.

Some guy then came up beside me, I didnt notice him at first, until he tapped me on my shoulder a couple of times. I snapped out of my daze and looked over at him. His breath was covered in alcohol. 

"Hey there dude.." He tried saying to me, barely pronouncing the words properly. "Your such a loner over here, I couldnt help but notice you staying over here for like ever." He chuckled a little. 

I wasnt in the mood to talk to some druken guy and just ignored him and wondered my eyes over to Sehun again.

He tapped me once more, this time a little harder. He put his hand out front, "Hi I'm Kai" 

He kept his hand like that until he noticed I wasnt going to introduce myself back.

"Why are you talking to me." I asked. "You seem lonely, and my girlfriend just ditched me so I need someone to talk to because I'm bored." 

"Just leave me alone." I took a couple steps away from him. I dont wanna be mean, but today isnt really a good day for me. 

He followed me and laughed a little, he slammed his hand onto my shoulder. He looked over to where I was looking, which was at Sehun and Minjoo. "I know that look, it screams out jealousy." 

I looked straight at him, "What makes you think I'm jealous?" Im not jealous.. why would I be? 

"The way your looking at that couple over there, you cant stop staring man. You must like her dont you? I can tell by the way your eyes sparkle when you look over there."

I shook my head quickly, "I dont like her! and my eyes dont sparkle!!!" This guy must be too drunk to see properly. 

"Oh I see, so you must like him then.... you dont look like the guy to swing that way though... but hey, Im not gonna judge"

I screamed out, "NOOOO! NO WAY!! I DO NOT!" people looked at me like I was crazy or something. 

Kai started laughing even more, "No need to be so defensive about it. Wow." 

I was confused as to why he would even think that... why would I like another guy? 

"So then why do you keep staring over at them? Are you a creeper or something?" 

I shook my head... and actually thought for a second. Why do I keep staring over at them. Its not because Im jealous, thats definitely not the reason why, because Its not like I have feelings for Sehun to get jealous in the first place. If thats not the reason why, then what is? I'm even starting to doubt myself right now. 

At that moment, I saw Minjoo lead Sehun up to dance with her. 

And once again, I couldnt stop staring. At one point, she started grinding on him. Thats where I lost it. 

I bit my lip hard, not standing the sight of her rubbing her body onto Sehun's.

Kai nudged on me a little, "They're getting pretty into it dont you think?" He giggled. 

I glared at him, "This isnt funny..." he laughed even more "No, but your reaction to it is. What I would do if I were you is pretty simple actually." 

I tilted my head, "huh?"

". Just go up between them and act like you wanna dance along." He shrugged simply. 

That.. isnt that bad of an idea actually.... It will get her away from him... 

I thanked Kai for the idea and started to dance, I glided my feet towards the two. I got up closer and closer to them while dancing and jumped in between them, continuing to dance like a total fool. 

"Yeah!! THIS IS MY JAM!" I said while blocking her away from Sehun. 

She looked unpleased, but its not like I gave a damn. Sehun looked more shocked then anything. He didnt know whether to dance along with me, or turn his  direction towards Minjoo. He looked at me and finally gave off a little smile. OH MY GOSH... HIS SMILE!!! Why havent I ever noticed how amazing it is.. 

I smiled back at him and stayed dancing in front of Minjoo. Sehun was going to start dancing until that ed my moment by coming and grabbing his hand, pulling him off to the side. 

Two can play at that game. 

I walked up to them and pulled Sehun's arm back to me. I started dancing again, acting like Minjoo wasnt even around. Sehun gave me a weird look, and I could hear Minjoo hissing louder than the music. 

She came up to me, "Luhan..Excuse me, but I want to dance with my boyfriend." She pushed him back to her. 

She wants a battle? Okay then, Its not over yet.

I came up to her and gave her a tiny smirk, "Minjoo, Excuse me, but I want to dance with my best friend." I tugged Sehun towards me. I looked away from her turning to Sehun, I started dancing, but he didnt move. "Dance silly, I feel awkward dancing alone" I laughed. I could tell Sehun didnt really understand what was going on, but soon enough he started dancing. 

I saw Minjoo from the corner of my eye with her arms folded and her foot tapping onto the floor nervously. I dont know why, but I felt like I won at that moment; and my prize was.. Sehun...

It didnt last long until she grabbed Sehun back over to her, I heard her whine to him about how she wanted to dance with him. Sehun looked over at me and shrugged, he mouthed "Sorry, but I should dance with my girlfriend." 

 

Girlfriend. 

 

 

Why do I get that feeling everytime I hear that!? Its like my blood starts to boil. 

I wanted to dance with him, well actually... I didnt want her to dance with him.

No, I wanted both. 

Why am I even doing this? I dont understand myself anymore, it cannot be because I like him, because I dont!

I refuse to believe it! 

I dont even have the slightest feelings besides a friend towards Sehun!

Or.. 

d..do I?