Chapter 21

The Obstacles of Love&Friendship;

(Sehun's perspective)

When I arrived to Minjoo's place I stayed sitting down in my car for a while before I went in. I needed some time think about everything. As the moment came closer, I felt unsure about asking her to be my girlfriend. I want to move on and I do have feelings for her but I didn't feel as confident as I did when I first left my house. 

I was a little scared that I might be rushing into this. I was starting to back down a little bit, but when I remembered about what Luhan said to me earlier it just gave me the extra push.

I slowly walked up to her doorstep, I took a deep breath and I felt the sweat driping down from the side of my forehead. 

I knocked on the door once and my feet started trembling.

The door opened, "Sehun!" Minjoo shouted happily.

Once I saw her I felt less nervous for some reason. I think asking her is the right thing to do..

"Come on in" 

I smiled at her and did as she told me. 

"Take a seat, I'm not finished getting ready. I wont be long though." she ran to her room finish up

I sat on the couch thinking to myself. How was I going to ask her? Since this is my first time doing something like this, I wasnt too good at it. Should I just ask her bluntly.. or should I make up some speech to go along with it? The nerves started to come back.

She took around 10 minutes to get ready but it was just enough time for me to think of what to say.

"Lets go!" She smiled.

"Before we go....come sit down for a second I wanna ask you something.." My palms were starting to sweat.

She listened to me and sat down, "What might that be?" she tilted her head slightly 

My heart was beating uncontrollably...

"I just wanted to... uh... ask.. uh.. hmmm.." I stuttered.

"Say it silly" Minjoo giggled.

I stopped for a moment and thought to myself once again. I thought about Luhan one more time.

I told myself for years I wouldn't allow myself to be with anyone other than him. I always wanted to keep that promise, hoping one day it would be worth it.

But Luhan doesn't want me, and all those years were wasted. I was positive now that what I was doing was the right thing. 

"I just really.. really like you... I want to be with you." A sudden vision of Luhan's face came to me while I said that, but I ignored it.

Minjoo stayed silent for a while but then jumped onto me.

"I thought you would never ask!" 

 

It's official now, no more Luhan...

 

(Luhan's perspective)

I left Sehun's room not being able to take it anymore. I couldn't even go to work today... Instead I just drove by the beach and collected all my thoughts together.

Sehun's words were on repeat in my head, and it was haunting me. Even if he told me himself that he loves me, I can't make myself believe it's true. I don't want it to be true. 

What bugs me even more is that this whole time I was clueless. Everything was so clear but I never realized it. 

For a while I did doubt the fact that he was straight, but I had no idea that I was the reason he wasn't.

One things for sure though, I don't feel the same way about him, not even a little bit.

I do love him, but just as a friend would love another. 

I don't want to loose Sehun over this, but knowing about his true feelings I can't look face to face with him anymore. It's just too awkward for me.

I've been driving around here for almost 2 hours now. I'm trying to take this all in, but it won't fit.

I couldn't stay here much longer though, I didn't want to think much more about it. 

I wanted to go somewhere that made me feel a little better, and there is one place I go that always makes me feel better, I go to the Bubble Tea Shop.

I'm usually with Sehun when I go there, but I guess I had to make a solo trip today.

 

Before I entered the place I saw something unexpected through the glass windows. 

Sehun was sitting inside, with.... Minjoo..

It looks like he is just fine. They seem to be laughing and having a good time. At one point I even saw him kiss her on the cheek.

 

Why was I getting so uncomfortable by this? So uncomfortable that I had to even look away at one point.

After all that just happened this morning, he seems perfectly fine. 

I was even more shocked by the fact that he was with a girl, and it looked like he is really close with her.

I cant believe it... did Sehun really get over me this fast?

It hasnt even been a day yet and he is out with someone else. For some odd reason it really bothered me how he got over me so soon.

Something inside me felt like it was burning up. It was a weird feeling since I never got this feeling regarding Sehun.

I didn't even know what it was, but as I kept looking at them it got worse.

This isn't the feeling of jealousy is it??......

No!!!! No of course not, I'm happy for Sehun. I should be grateful that he got over me so quickly, since thats what I wanted in the first place.... 

Well now I can feel a little better knowing that Sehun is okay after all that occured.

But why didn't I feel okay?... 

Hmm its probably just because I'm tired.. yeah thats the reason.....

I left that area going straight home. A nice long nap would get rid of this unwanted feeling for sure!

Or at least I hope so..