Chapter 17

The Obstacles of Love&Friendship;

 

Next day

(Luhan’s perspective)

Its been a while since I’ve talked to Sehun, he hasn’t contacted me ever since our fight about Sooyeun. I really can’t believe Sehun would stoop that low. I thought he was happy for me but instead he makes up lies to break us up, he has become really selfish lately..

I didn’t let it get to me though, I had other important things to deal with. 

It's Sooyeun’s birthday today, and I’ve spent all yesterday night making plans for us for today. I wanted to do something really special for her since she is really special to me. I haven’t felt like this is a long time, all girls I date always end up being the wrong one, but Sooyeun is different. 

I called up Sooyeun to surprise her by telling her that I planned something for tonight.

"Hello..." I heard her say softly through the phone.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" I shouted to her in excitement as I began singing her the Happy birthday song.

"Awh you are so sweet, thanks for the call!" Sooyeun said back to me.

"Of course, how could I not call my sweetheart and wish her the best birthday! I have something planned for us tonight, it took me forever to make it happen but you will soon see what it is, I love you." 

I thought we got cut off since there was no reply, but finally Sooyeun spoke back.

"Luhan...I wish you didn't" 

"What do you mean.." I said back confused

"I thank you, I really do, but I'm just feeling really sick today. I wanted to just stay home and have a good rest. Im so sorry, Luhan. We can celebrate another day though I promise." 

My heart was put to a pause. I was genuinely saddened about it. 

"Oh, I see. Well I understand.. I guess.." I wasn't at all happy but her sudden rejection.

"Please don't be mad, It pains me to see you mad." Sooyeun answered.

"Its fine, I'll be okay. I just hope you will be. Stay healthy" I said back.

"I will be, trust me. Now I have to go I'll talk to you later, and if some reason I dont get a chance to talk to you today, I'm probably just sleeping so don't be worried." Sooyeun assured to me.

"Okay, have a good sleep, dream of me. Bye baby." I said still in a disappointed voice.

I didn't feel right about leaving Sooyeun alone on her birthday, so I came up with the best idea.

I'll go and make a surprise visit to her house today, I'll buy her a cake and balloons and we can celebrate her birthday in the comfort of her own home.

It's a perfect plan, Luhan you are a genius!

 

7:00PM 

 

I spent almost 2 hours looking for the right cake to buy Sooyeun, I know that her favorite is red velvet, but my luck it so happened that no place sold it. That didn't stop me from getting it though, I'd only get her her favorite things. 

I was really anticipating our evening together, I was excited yet a tad nervous to give my gift to her 

It took me days to come up with, but I wrote her a song. 

I wanted to buy her something nice but I thought a gift like this would be more special and more heart warming. 

I'm not the best song writer but I let out all my feelings for her, so it came naturally. I want to sing it to her while looking into her beautiful eyes. 

I'm kind of iffy about it but all in all ready to pour my heart out to her.

 

When I arrived to her house I saw a nice BMW car parked in the front, I didn't know she had one. 

I didnt think twice about it though and just went straight to her doorstep. I made sure I was ready and knocked on the door.

She must have been asleep since I was waiting outside for around 5 minutes with no response. 

I tried ringing the doorbell once more in attempt to wake her up.

I waited for another minute until someone finally opened the door.

My smile turned into a frown when I saw a tall handsome man open it. He was wearing a bathrobe and looked really annoyed by my presence. 

"Uhmm Is this Sooyeun's house.." I said thinking that I just went to the wrong house.

"Yeah." The man answered coldly 

I stood there not knowing what to ask next, why was there another man in my girlfriends house..

"Well who are you then." I finally said back.

"I'm her boyfriend." 

Just then the cake unwillingly dropped out of my hands and I let go of my grip onto the balloons allowing them to fly up.

Was this foreal? Is he really Sooyeun's boyfriend... Sehun was right the whole time?

"Ayyy whats your problem." The guy gave me a bad look and slammed the door in my face

I stayed standing on her porch for a couple moments not fully aware of what was actually going on.

I still couldn't believe that she was with another man this whole time...

Sehun, my bestfriend, warned me and I didn't trust him. I should have known that he would never lie to me, he never has before in his whole life. 

Although I felt horrible and heartbroken about realizing that my girlfriend is a liar and a cheater, I had felt even worse about saying all those mean things to Sehun. How could I have been so blind to not believe the guy that has been my bestfriend ever since I was a kid. The person who never would do anything to hurt me or make me mad..

I  threw away our friendship so easily for some girl.

I have to apologize to him! I won't blame him if he never wants to talk to me again after how I acted, but It was no reason not to try.

Even worse than loosing Sooyeun, is loosing Sehun.

The person who truely matters.