Chapter 22

The Obstacles of Love&Friendship;

A week later

(Luhan's perspective)

These past days have been a living hell for me. I can't sleep, I have been barely eating, I can't focus at work, and I have just been lifeless.

Ever since I found that journal I cant stop thinking about eveything I read and know.

Everytime I close my eyes in an attempt to go to sleep those words he wrote are all I can see. I really miss how everything was before. It feels weird not to be able to talk to Sehun anymore. He was the person I was closet to but now I'm so distant from him. I'm starting to miss him as the days pass by, but nothing will be the same between us anymore. Even if I try talking to him again, it won't feel right. 

But maybe everything will heal with time. Although it might be awkward, I might get over it.

I have to admit though, Sehun is the best friend anybody would wish for. He is really nice and reliable. If I ever have a problem, I can talk to him about it for hours and he will sit through and listen to it all. He gives the best advice and the kindest words. He is the only person I can truly be happy with, to joke with, and to have fun with. It took me some thought but I really don't want to loose him, as a friend that it.

Despite his real feelings for me and how I feel towards it, I'd regret it later in life if I never talked to him again. It will be hard at first, but I might just get passed the whole "Love thing". 

 

I stared at my phone that was besides me for almost an hour now. Everytime I'd reach to it to call Sehun, I kept backing down. What if Sehun himself doesn't want to talk to me again......... Naw, who am I kidding, with all those years of loving me he will no doubt come back crawling to me. 

I began to get nervous with myself, for some reason I couldnt bring myself to call him. I don't wanna loose him though. 

I finally picked up the phone, I slowly dialed his number but it took me a while. I put the phone up to my ear and I heard it begin ringing.

I'm preparing myself for the most awkward phone call ever.

 

(Sehun's Perspective)

Today was an amazing day, Minjoo and I had a wonderful day together. We went to the beach and watched the sun go down. It was like it was a scene from a movie. I have been spending most of my days with her now. Not only is she my girlfriend, but she is a bestfriend to me too. I don't have any restrictions with her, I can tell her I love her without any consequences. 

As for Luhan, I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss him a little bit, but the Luhan I miss was the one i knew years ago. The new Luhan was out of my mind and thoughts for good. I didn't think I would be over it so fast, but he gave me a good reason to forget him.

I do wish him a happy life though, I still care for him. I can never give up on that. I hope he finds someone that loves him like I used to. He is a good guy deep down, and I still think he deserves a good girl. 

In the end I got a good girl, so Luhan should to. 

I was laying down in my bed texting Minjoo about our plans for the weekend when a phone call interrupted.

 

"Luhan" (Caller ID)

 

I dropped my phone in reaction from his sudden phone call. I quickly picked it up and let it ring.

Luhan was calling me? He told me he never wanted to speak to me again....

I was hesitant to whether I should answer the phone or not. After all Luhan said to me I wasn't so easily going to let myself go back to him. 

The phone stopped ringing, I decided not to answer. 

But then It rung once more, and when I didnt answer, it did again.

For a second I got worried, maybe Luhan was in trouble or something, I couldn't just ignore his calls like that even after what happened. 

I kept my calm and answered, "Hello.." 

There was no reply back. "Hello?" I said again.

"H..H..Hi..." The voice was really quiet but I knew it was Luhan's voice.

"Luhan..?" I asked 

"Yeah.." he paused for a second. "How..how are you?" He stuttered.

I couldn't believe it, why in the world was Luhan talking to me so casualy like that. I didn't want to be rude and I answered him nicely but not in a way to seem like I was happy for him calling.

"I'm fine. What about yourself? How is work?" I wanted to make this conversation normal. I don't want him to think I held a grudge against him. I forgive very easily, but I never forget. 

"Its.. good. Uhmm...so....." Luhan's voice was really shakey 

"Well, what did you call for? If you wanted to know how I am, you know now." I said back getting impatient 

"I..well, after everything that passed by..." He stopped talking again. 

"It's okay, Luhan. I forgot about it." I rolled my eyes as I talked. 

"You.. you.. did?" Luhan's voice got a little louder and sounded happier. "That's what I was hoping for."

"Yeah you don't have to worry anymore Luhan, that feeling is gone now. It was just a stupid faze."

"It.. it was?" Luhan's voice got lower again.

"Yupp, for sure. I don't even know why it lasted that long, I must have been blind." I replied back. I felt good about saying this to Luhan. This is how he wanted it, so here it is.

"Oh...." He got silent

"Anything else you wanna say, I'm getting tired so I have to end this phone call quickly." 

"I wanted to clear everything between us. We are still best friends right?" Luhan took a while to finish that sentence

"Of course, since thats established I'll be hanging up now. Bye Luhan." I shut the phone and tossed it on the counter. That was unexpectedly much easier than I thought it would be. If Luhan wants to still be my friend, I won't push him away. Our friendship can't fully go to waste.

This will just start a new chapter between Luhan and I. I will only consider him my friend now, exactly how he wants it, he will get it. 

 

(Luhan's perspective)

Before I was able to say goodbye, Sehun already hung up.

I'm happy he wants to continue with our friendship, and like i thought before, he really is over me. 

He said it himself that it was just a stupid faze and he was only blind to have loved me that long.

What he said made me feel a little uneasy. 

Loving me was stupid?

 

Hmm well It's not that stupid....