Chapter 23

The Obstacles of Love&Friendship;

The next day

(Luhan's perspective)

Knowing that everything is back to normal between Sehun and I, I finally had a peaceful night of sleep. Now we can go on like how we used to be. Sehun doesn't love me anymore so that shouldn't be a problem I have to worry about. 

In fact to celebrate the "New" Sehun I'll skip out on work today and I'll take him out for lunch. I've missed him much more than I thought I would have this week, so this would be a good excuse to hang out with him today. 

I know these plans are sudden, but it's not like Sehun has plans for himself already or anything. He never has anyting to do since he doesn't have much friends. I'm sure he wouldn't back down on these plans, so I had the confidence to call him. I'm willing to leave behind all that happened, and we can just start off anew. 

I called Sehun a few times, and yet there was no answer. When I used to call him, he'd pick up after the first couple of rings. I gave it one more try before I give up, but again, there was no answer. Its weird how he isnt answering my calls, I thought he said everything was normal between us. He couldn't have changed his mind so fast. 

Maybe he is just busy with something right now. I'll just call him back in an hour or so, he should pick up by then.

 

3 Hours later.

 

I was starting to get really aggravated by him. I called him maybe over a hunderd times, and yet still no answer. I'm sure of it now, he must have changed his mind. He is lucky that I even gave him another chance, and he has the guts not to answer my phone calls.

I don't see why I'm getting so nervous by it though, Its not a big deal. I completely gave up since I grew restless of trying.

But suddenly, my phone started to ring. I rushed over to it, I was excited by the thought that it might have been Sehun. I didn't even bother reading the caller ID and answered in a hurry. 

"SEHUN!" I shouted by accident. 

"Excuse me, Sorry to bother you sir, do you mind to take a few mintues from your time to complete our survey please?

I clenched my phone in my fist, it was just some stupid survery company. It got me all worked up for nothing damn it. 

"No." I hung up the phone and almost threw it onto the floor. Why wasn't Sehun calling me? 

 

As the hours passed by I sat on down keeping a sharp eye on my phone. I was sitting down doing nothing, waiting for Sehun's call. I was starting to get hopeless, he wasn't gonna call me back. He hasn't even replied to the millions of texts I sent him. 

Why was I even caring so much? So what if he doesn't call or text me back, I shouldn't let that get to me. 

Whatever I'll just go and listen to some music, that'll make the time go by a little faster. 

I'm comletely over waiting for his phone call, in fact if he tries calling me back today I won't even answer. 

I walked away leaving my phone on the table, as I took a couple steps away for it, my phone started to ring.

I ran like a cheetah over to it. I looked at the number. It was Sehun. 

I quickly picked it up and answered, barely even letting it ring. cross out what I said about not answering, I couldn't help it. 

I was about to shout out his name once more, but I kept my cool so I wouldnt look like I was waiting for him.

"Oh hello Sehun, whats the reason for your call? I couldnt erase the smile off my face.

"I got almost 50 missed calls from you, if that answers your question" Sehun said back calmly 

I giggled a little, "Ahh my stupid phone, it calls people on its own"

"Okay then. Is that all?" Sehun simply said.

"No... Uhmm, just wondering where were you today, I called you a couple times but you didn't answer."

"A couple of times?" Sehun paused and let out a small giggle "Hmm I was out. I kept on getting calls, and it began to become a nuisance so I turned it off, sorry." 

What does he mean my calls were a nuisance to him.. I rolled my eyes and let it slide.

"You were out? Where?" I grew curious. 

"Just out." He replied fast. 

"With your mom?" I hoped 

"No, with my girlfriend..." He took in a deep breath and I started noticing he was getting annoyed with me. "Luhan, just tell me why you called."

"I wanted to take you out for lunch, as a celebration, thats all." I said back softly 

"Celebration?" 

"Yeah, because you got rid of those feelings and all, and we can start all over." I said in a happy tone.

I heard Sehun laugh, and it started getting louder. "A celebration because of that eh? Wow Luhan.. you are going all out. You know, its not a big reason to celebrate, don't get too worked up about it. Like I said before those feelings were dumb, I wish I noticed that earlier too. You don't have to take me out because of something as stupid as that Luhan. But hey, I have to go now." 

I stayed silent for a while. "Uh okay I see. Bye then..."

 

I waited my whole day for his phone call, for that? Thinking about it now, the reason he didnt answer me was because he was too busy with his.. girlfriend.

Ughh.. that stupid taking away my best friend. She isn't even that pretty either, I don't know what he see's in her. He can do so much better...

wait.. wait what the hell am I saying? I sound like a jealous ex girlfriend or something. 

I'm happy for Sehun, I really am. He is finally over that awkward stage in his life, he is finally becoming a man, and hey I like that!! He is assertive now, which I never thought Sehun would be. To be honest, Its kinda.. kinda attractive..

I realized what I was saying and slammed my hands on my head.

Why am I thinking so weird lately, I've never thought like this before, and I don't like it. Why am I thinking of Sehun in such ways....

that will never EVER happen between us. We are friends, and ONLY friends, he might have loved me before but that's all over now.

I layed down on my bed and put in my headphones, trying to clear out my thoughts. 

I looked on the shelf in front of me, there was a picture of me and Sehun when we went to Jeju Island on vacation last year. I walked over to it and got it off the shelf, bringing it over to my bed. 

I layed down again and held up the framed picture in front of me. I looked closely at Sehun. I never really noticed before, but Sehun is really handsome. He has a nice face shape and pretty flawless hair. He has a nice body type too. My eyes were glued to the picture. I looked up from the start of his head and down to his lips. I think I stared at his lips the longest. As a reflex of mine I put my finger onto his lips. I felt a small smile grow onto my face.

Oh no, what am I doing. I quickly snapped out of my daze and put the picture frame onto the counter. 

Luhan get a grip on yourself. 

Sehun is just a good friend.

That's all...