37

My first love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Ok, so let's start with the basics, shall we," said Jieun as she handed Wooyoung her acoustic guitar. 

"Sure, but let me warn you that I don't know not even the slights thing about a guitar or how to play it," said Wooyoung as he took the empty seat next to her.  

"Well then let's talk about the guitar itself then," said Jieun as she leaned closer to him and started pointing out the proper terms for it, "the top of the guitar is the headstock, on the headstock are the tuners, which you will use to adjust the pitch of each of the strings on the guitar." Jieun said tightening some and unloosing some, "the neck of the guitar is the area of the instrument you'll concentrate a great deal on: you'll put your fingers on various places on the neck, in order to create different notes."  She placed her hand on the strings and started strumming some,"the strings of the guitar run from the tuning pegs, over the nut, down the neck, over the body, over the sound hole, and are anchored at a piece of hardware attached to the body of the guitar, called a bridge. Basically that is how the sound is produced," concluded Jieun as she made sure she hadn't omitted any important information. 

Wooyoung looked up at her in amazement, "Wow you really know a lot about guitars."

Jieun grinned proudly at him, "well of course I love playing the guitar, it has been my passion since I was a little girl."

Wooyoung smirked as he looked down, "Just as dance has been mine" he said briefly." 

Jieun noticed his sullen face, "Why exactly did you give up dancing, and why are you hiding the fact to you went back to it?"

"Tiffany" said Wooyoung not looking up at her.

Jieun felt anxious now should she tell him that she knows where he can find her, "..that's the name of the girl from the library right?"

"Yeah the one that left the note for me, I think I haven't forgotten her," he looked up at her wondering if she would confess the fact that she worked with her.

"Wooyoung-shi I…" Wooyoung looked at her straight in the eyes and then something clicked inside Jieun something she hadn't felt before, she felt jealous.

"Why don't we continue with the lesson" she added, brushing off the feeling.

"Ok what's the next step," Wooyoung said as he realized that it was still too early. 

"Now let's see well, pick up the guitar, and hold it so the back of the body comes in contact with your chest, and the bottom of the neck runs parallel to the floor. The thickest string on the guitar should be the closest to your face, while the thinnest should be closest to the floor. When playing the guitar sitting down, the body of the guitar will rest on one of your legs. Like so.." she said as she made sure Wooyoung was properly holding the guitar. 

"Next, lets' concentrate on your fretting hand. In order to become skillful on the guitar, you'll need to build the muscles in your hands, and learn to stretch your fingers." Jieun hadn't noticed that she had gotten carried away and now held Wooyoung's hand in her own. His hand was bigger than hers and smooth, he also had delicate, long fingers. Jieun quickly let go off his hand as he noticed him looking intently at her. 

Wooyoung took note of Jieun's behavior and wondered if it was due to their close proximity. Wooyoung evilly grinned at the fact that he could cause such unsettling feelings on her. 

Jieun narrowed her eyes at him when she noticed his expression. Sure she might have contradicting feelings towards him, but she wasn't about to let him feel all mighty about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter