39

My first love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Luhan crossed his hands resting them on his lap and took a deep sigh. What was he to Suzy anyways; a friend, an acquaintance, or worse yet plan B? What was going to take him to make her realize that he wanted more than that, that he wanted to be more than just a mere friend in her eyes. He had expressed his feelings to her before even though they had been completely misunderstood by her. But Luhan didn't even bother explaining himself, he didn't want to rush things with her. He knew her heart had been recently broken and now he knew by whom, it all made sense now. The awkward atmosphere at the music show, the stares, the friction between her and Myungsoo's girlfriend that had never been solved. But what Luhan didn't get was Myungsoo's behavior, he had a girlfriend but then he was still trying to get close to Suzy, at one point those two had been friends but then what happened between them? What broke them apart?  

"Ya! Luhan, have you been listening to anything I've been saying?" asked Sungyeol waving a hand in front of Luhan.

"Yeah sure man, and I totally agree with you," quickly said Luhan while nodding his head in agreement.

Sungyeol's jaw dropped and said, "You totally agree with my cousin Kris' idea of buying a farm and raising Alpacas for a living?" Sungyeol eyed Luhan, "You're as crazy as he is, how did I ever befriend you?"

"What? Never mind I don't even want to know about it…sorry it's just that I have a lot of things on my mind," Luhan reasoned.

Sungyeol shook his head at his friend and patted him on the shoulder, "More like one person in your mind, Suzy."

A small grin appeared on Luhan's lips, "Is it that obvious?" 

"We are on the same boat my friend, you with Suzy and I with Min," said Sungyeol as he completely understood his friend's predicament. 

"But I thought you guys were close, I thought you were back to normal?" Luhan said as he recalled seeing them together at the music show just a few days ago.

"That's exactly the problem, we are back to normal," Sungyeol confession to Min hadn't gone as well as planned. Sungyeol had expected Min to be taken aback by his confession, that they would be awkward for a while but he never expected she would push him away as she had. During those days Sungyeol had come to the conclusion that it was better to stay as Min's friend than to completely lose her. Now they were back as before, as close as friends could be. They would talk and laugh as they used to, but underneath it all Sungyeol still hoped that Min would soon change her mind and give him a chance.

"I see, then you are right. You and I have another thing in common," said Luhan as he lowered his gaze.

Sungyeol turned to his friend, "But tell me have you told Suzy how you feel?"

"Yeah and I was completely misunderstood," said Luhan as he recalled the failed confession. 

"Then there might still be hope for you, try to talk to her again, but make sure this time around your message is clearly and complete conveyed to her. Don't leave any lose ends," said Sungyeol encouragingly to Luhan.  

"But wait aren't you Myungsoo's friend, why do you want to help me?" Luhan couldn't help but wonder. 

One word could easily answer that question, jealousy. Sungyeol once upon a time had liked Krystal, it had been love at first sight, unfortunately for him it had also been a one-sided love. Myungsoo had also come into the picture and even before Sungyeol had gotten closer to Krystal, Myungsoo had taken her away. Sungyeol had never had a chance with her, so he stepped aside and kept his love for Krystal hidden. Then came Min, they became friends and Sungyeol slowly began developing feelings for her. But again Myungsoo had yet again become an obstacle, Min had a past with him and even though Myungsoo would never return her feelings, she had clung on to him. Myungsoo had always been there, he had always been a reason why he couldn't be happy, "I have come to know Suzy more now thanks to Min and I know she's a good girl, she deserves a nice guy in her life like you, and besides your my friend too."

 

Luhan was distracted talking to Sungyeol, Suzy decided not to interrupt him by telling him where she was going. She made her way to the room's entrance as she needed to go to the restroom. As she opened the door she saw a famili

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter