face off

The Kim's

key was desperate. Very desperate. after his long emergency meeting with EUN ah , they finally agreed on something . And he to needed to talk to Myungsoo. he galloped Down the stairs and searched for his cousin. he couldn't find him around the garden and he didn't see him talking to one of his cousins either.

He ran back to the 3rd floor and went straight to Myungsoo's room. after knocking a few times and hearing a " yeah? " from the other , he opened the door and found his cousin lying on his bed and scrolling through his phone. he gave him a questioning look.

" need something ? "  Myungsoo asked, placing his phone on the nightstand.

key held his wrist and forcefully hauled him up. " what are you doing just sitting here ?! you've got to get going Myungsoo ! "

"huh?"

Key literally pulled some strands of his hair he couldn't take  to see Myungsoo's dumbfounded expression and idiocy anymore.

" you wanted to talk to her right?! minhae I mean . "

There was a long pause from Myungsoo .

" you know - "

" YES YOU DO WAN'T TO TALK TO HER RIGTH?! YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO TELL HER! " key , cutting Myungsoo off mid-sentence. He can't give him any chance to say no .

" key-- "

" you shouldn't be locking yourself here Myungsoo , you two kissed for crying out loud ! you guys could at least talk about it . why were you guys even arguing over it ?? talk to her or you'll really regret every passing second ! "

" what do you mean ? "Myungsoo narrowed his eyes, puzzled .

"  you wan't to talk to her about it RIGTH?!!! " he yelled. he was planning to keep it low and calm but * damn . Myungsoo. Your so stupid.* he thought.

The other let out a long angst sighed. He could feel a tinge of annoyance for his cousin. but he knew when key's determined on something he wouldn't shut up about it.

" yes I do but you know-"

" great now let's go . "  

 

key dashed off the room . Myungsoo was still clueless as a toddler but let his cousin pulled him along.

~

minhae was as clueless as Myungsoo could ever be.  

Eun ah appeared from nowhere and snatched her away from Siwan and Uee . they were chatting and talking about soccer and long tennis, but EUN ah just barged in and told her , " I'm going to show you something. " with a very taunting voice .

" uhmmm. . . okey . "

if she wasn't imagining things again, she was so sure she saw EUN ah and Siwan glaring at each other. which is odd.

" be back. " she smiled at Uee and Siwan before leaving the two alone.

EUN ah who never let go of her wrist , was walking in a hurry . She kept glancing around like a sneaky thief. they stood at the 4 floor of the mansion. they took twice turns before arriving in front of a wide door.

she twisted the door knob. " go inside you'll love it ." she smiled cheekily. minhae got in first , she got suspicious though , but forgot she was when she saw the large paintings  inside the room.

She walked in, with opened.

the room was wide and with only few furnitures like chairs and a table. but what really amazed her was the numerous paintings displayed on the four walls of the room. there was a painting of the kim's mansion , a beautiful sunrise , a white wolf and what seems to be an eclipse.  

she was beyond impressed. the painter , who ever it was , must be a famous and talented one. she was into drawing but every time she tries painting,it just turns into a scratch of junk. she blames the water and the brushes for it at times.

what made her even gaped was the painting smallest framed one. It was a painting of a full moon with a lot of stars scattered beside it. it looked so beautiful and almost real.

" god . " she muttered in amazement, touching the painting she is so engrossed with.  She traced the lettering below.

- K.L

" KL? " she thought. 

" those were painted by my uncle. "  a voice said.

she turned behind only to see the person she hated the most since the day they met.

" Myungsoo. "

He was standing there looking strangely at her. He was wearing his khaki pants. a v-neck black top matching his ash colored out door shoes. his hair was disheveled, making him look like he just woke up at 4am and was pissed for being so.

apart from that, he still looked handsome. a look of a boy-next-door  with a playful smile.

yes. a boy-pain-in-the-neck-next-door.

Minhae bit her tongue for finding Myungsoo attractive.

" where's EUN ah ? " she asked, to occupy her thoughts instead of admiring Myungsoo's features.

" something came up and she has to leave. halmuhnee's chores I guess. "

She averted her eyes and spazz at the painting again. she stared at the rest of the painting. she could hear Myungsoo's careful footsteps trailing behind her.

" I thought some artist made all these . " she said. Myungsoo chuckled softly, looking at the painting she was staring at.

" no. my uncle loves painting and - "

" is that what I think it is ?? " minhae gasped, seeing a big bulky furniture sized like in the middle of the room. it was covered with a royal red clothe.

Myungsoo helpfully pulled the clothe and disrobed the musical instrument. Revealing the angel white grand piano.  

minhae cupped a hand over her opened mouth. the piano was mouth watery she couldn't help but sat immediately on the white baby chair. she caressed the shiny white wooden cover.

Myungsoo smiled genuinely.

" my uncle is rarely home. He travels a lot so this room which he considers his haven is kept closed. well, until now. " he sat beside her , still smirking at her happy face.

" I always wanted  to learn how to play piano . but my mom enrolled me to a violin class instead. agh. " she hissed , giving him a quick glance before pulling the wooden cover open, revealing the piano keys.

Myungsoo was glad she was finally talking to him like nothing bizarre happened between them. he doesn't have to pull some desperate moves to get her attention.

" you play ?" she asked.

no.

" ah- yeah . " he confidently uttered a silly lie . why he did it ? he wasn't sure because seeing the other smiled so sweety made him stop fathoming about it.

" aghh really ?? can you teach me ? " she asked , eagerness to learn was evident in her two set of dazzling eyes. her fingers were all ready to poke some keys.

oh hell.

Myungsoo realized how stupid he was for lying. now he was having a hard time gulping down the rock lump along his throat.  

~ the other room.

EUN ah screamed over her puffy pillow. key was trying his best not to laugh out loud by hiding his head inside his handbag.  

After a minute of restrain, they looked back at the laptop. they quickly installed some cameras inside the other room 30 minutes ago.

"Myungsoo is such a loser oh my god." key shuffling his head into the bag again, cringing at Myungsoo 's upcoming embarrassment  of  a lifetime he can't bear watching.

~the other room.

Myungsoo cleared his throat , heaving all his strength to masked his nervousness  and focused his eyes at the keyboard .

"White piano keys are called naturals. They sound a natural note when pressed, " he said , pressing the white keys randomly. Minhae leaned forward and slowly nodded with consecutive " ahh's and ohh's "

" There are seven naturals on the keyboard, C-D-E-F-G-A-B" he continued, pressing the said keys and letting minhae follow him. for a moment, he felt proud of himself for remembering those few things but when minhae asked him to show her some moves,

" ahhh. . this is a C!! " he said loudly, 
anxiously held her hand and placed it on some specific keys. when minhae pressed it more than once and memorized the finger placements, she looked at him and asked what's next . the Karma sweats were steaming down Myungsoo's crimped forehead . He wanted to scratch his head but that move would stress the obvious fact that: he knows nothing more.

Minhae noticed Myungsoo's uneasy face and laughed at it. " you don't know much . " she teasingly pointed at his pale lips . " liar. " she baffled her giggles but couldn't do so .

 

Myungsoo gritted his teeth and looked away.bitting his own lips hard till he felt numb. he's ears we're probably red from embarrassment. never in his life he was laughed at for not knowing something. he cussed at himself for ditching his piano lessons when he was 10. he was never the piano prodigy and he was never interested. he was more into guitar . Onew was the piano boy who learned it by himself , eun ah knew the instrument by heart since she was forced to learn it, care of their halmuhnee , while jonghyun, well . .he never glance at a piano ever again since that traumatic tragedy he experienced with his hot piano teacher.

minhae was still having a time of her life from laughing at Myungsoo. Its not everyday she gets to laugh at him for being incapable. However, the flushed boy next her wanted nothing else but to jump off the window.  

"yah . " he glared , startling her . but she just burst off laughing some more. Myungsoo composed himself while rolling his eyes.

minhae ceased her giggles when Myungsoo went dead quite and because it was getting  awkward laughing by herself.  

Myungsoo propped his left arm over the piano and leaned his chin over his palm. he watched her pressing random keys . Playing like a little girl. he smiled widely. he felt queasy inside just by staring at her. he felt weirdly happy seeing her happy and when his eyes ran down her rosy lips,

before he could even regret his next move, he leaned over.

Minhae  who was so absorbed with the piano, had her eyes stretched into a size of a pingpong ball when Myungsoo's face hovered over her and pressed his lips on hers as light as feather and pulling away in a millisecond.

~ other room .

key who was unawarely busy scrolling his personal database on his phone to search for any , even the tinniest dirt against Siwan. Hoping he missed one big trash he could use.

"ummm key? What exactly did you asked Myungsoo to do again ? " EUN ah asked , jaw dropped at the sight flashing in her laptop.

" talk to minhae. " the boy answered, tsking  when he couldn't find any useful facts for potential threats.

" Myungsoo just gave minhae a peck on the lips . "  

" ahh~~ huuuwwhhaaaaat?!!! " the schemer dropped his phone and bulged his eyes at the screen.

~  

Minhae tripped over the chair , landing on her . she rose up subtly crawling towards the door and screaming " HOW COULD YOU KISSED  ME YOU ERT! ?? "

Myungsoo was standing in front of her in no time . staring at her with those vehement gaze with a benevolent smile.

" what ? That was payment.  I made you milk . it was so hard to make it you know . " he stepped closer . Sneering at her from looking afraid and terrified.

" hard to make you ---- " she slumped against the door. gulping hard watching Myungsoo inched more closer .

her heart was pounding so hard it might jump off her ribcage.

" on the second thought, " he cocked his head dumbly. " my hand was strained from too much stirring . I think I need another kiss . " he softly asked , tapping his pursed lips with his forefinger.

and minhae could only scream.

" WHAT I DIDN'T ASKED YOU TO MAKE ME ONE YOU ----- "

Myungsoo quelled her words with a short and quick peck on her lips for the second time in a row.  

" I was being an attentive slave. " he smirked after the brief kiss he gave that made minhae speechless.

~ other room .

the two nutshells were having massive nosebleeds.

"Myungsoo . . your the man. how did he even . . " key yelped , his words faltering away with cheesiness .

EUN ah got distracted with her buzzing phone , when she checked it she face Palmed herself right on.

"' key, halmuhnee's back and she's looking for all of us . abort mission 911 ! " she gathered all their equipments.

~  

Myungsoo was a second away to teasing her again, when his phone vibrated. a text from key saying a bold.

- RETREAT.  

when he looked up he was alone inside the room with the door wide open.
 
 

~

Turns out that their halmuhnee finished up her meeting earlier than expected. and the elderly was in the mood for a badminton game. key and Onew almost had a heart attack when their grandmother got into her sporty wear and grabbed a racket. they were all afraid she might break some remaining strong bone in there.

" Halmuhnee please !!! " key rant, attempting to take the racket away but the elderly just gave him a scary glare and walked straight to the game field.

Myungsoo was Just sitting on the swing and watching his halmuhnee . Onew was encouraging him to join but He was lazy enough to play any sport at the moment. He sniggered at his grandmother teamed up with taemin and battled against the sporty Uee and to his surprised, minhae.  

knowing how clumsy she is that she couldn't even strike a ball properly in soccer. her badminton skill is , he must admit he's impressed. she has good footwork and she exhibits powerful smash that's even hard to master for some.

" where did she learned those moves?" he wondered. He found himself cheering for her with a tumultuous applause. he stopped when he realized he was the only one shouting. and mir was grinning at him like a monkey.

The two collaborated well . but his halmuhnee's team weren't a joke either since Taemin is pretty much competitive in any game with rackets .

After 30 minutes , their halmuhnee demanded a break. Myungsoo scooted beside minhae. she was fanning air and sighing in exhaustion.  Her cheeks were redder and myungsoo wanted to pinch her flushed cheeks so damn much he was a bit drooling when her sweats were dripping down her neck and wavy raven hair. she looked very,

" thirsty? " he asked, raising a glass of iced cold water and offering it to her.

"NO GET THAT AWAY ! " she roared, shoving the glass away and running away from him when he was smirking mischievously.

when a butler walked by , minhae was pleading for a drink . Myungsoo frantically waved his arms high to get the butler's attention, asking him to ignore the dehydrated girl. which the butler did. Minhae looked around and glared at him. he drank the glass and engulfed the refreshing water. He could be mistaken as a flawless guy in one of those commercial models advertising cold drinks with a relieving " aghhhhhhhh. . . " after drinking.

" sure you don't want any?? " he asked, tapping some bottle iced water on the table and  feigning a concerned expression. he was deeply laughing at how minhae gritted her teeth.

" I'D RATHER DIE !! " she yelled.

he watched her walking away again. He laughed at her expression. he feels really happy beyond happiness. he love teasing her and making her angry. It was ridiculously evil , nasty but true.

And making her blush after his every kiss is a plus.  

~

" YOU DID WHAT WITH KEY?!!" Onew struck jonghyun a sharp glare when the latter was hugging him so tight like his life depended on it.

he was in the kitchen and asking some chef to prepare some fried chicken when his cousin jonghyun abruptly intruded his happy time and wailed around his legs. almost crying his pupils out and muttering " hyung ! You love me righty ?!! I'm sorry !! it's all on key !! "  

" wait Jong, calm down I don't understand you. " he cooed. pulling the other down to sit on the stool. A chef gave jonghyun a glass of water.

" key.me. Eun ah and mir had a bet about Myungsoo and minhae on how long Myungsoo will stay dumb and confess and i bet a year and hyung my allowance is on the line !!! " he mewled at him, resting his head on the steel table and flailing His arms.

Onew slapped his own face in distress." Jonghyun how could you get yourself into one of key's bets ?? you do know that when he initiates one he's already 97% certain he'll win. he won't bet on something his at risk of losing ."

" go ahead and kill me hyung because I just remembered that one after showering." the problematic one frowned deeply.

the eldest was silent for a long moment.

" hyung please !!! you love me right?!! Save me please!! I can't be a beggar for a month ! " jonghyun added with plea.

" I'm sorry Jong, but I can't . And wait -- I told you guys not to mess around with Myungsoo's love life didn't i?? no Jong. " he sternly said with his final decision on hand.

the crying jonghyun looked at his hyung, wiping his tears dry . " I'm giving you 3 minutes to change your mind before I go out of this kitchen and tell you to the others hyung. "

Onew paused from biting a fried chicken. " what ?"

" I know. I saw and I heard."  

" what ??"

jonghyun sighed. he wasn't planning to go This far but , he can't lose. " that night. when Myungsoo went to you. he was asking you for some information about Siwan. You said you didn't know anything more than his name and that key is the best person to ask. when he left, you called your secretary. you asked him if the swapping of 2 or more students into the others sections were finally completed. you suggested on transferring Myungsoo to minhae's section. next ,   Two weeks ago , you phoned Uee asking her when she'll comeback and by coincidence , she was booked to return. you begged her to come , visit and help the two out and ~ should I keep going ? " the blonde boy smiled ear to ear when he noticed his cousin was pouting.

Onew looked pale.

" you've been sneaking up on me. " he monotonously said.  

" no , but I was Curious . " he grinned wisely. " and trust me hyung, I so didn't mind at all when I found out. I even covered for you when the others were suspecting you magically transfer Myungsoo to minhae's section. So , still no for an answer? the others won't be glad with you hyung. you were suppose to keep your promises. they will react violently and ---

" I only did it because whenever all of us worked on it I'm sure it will end up chaotic and---- fine . what do you want me to do ? " Onew dead-panned. he was guilty and felt like a bad hyung. Getting caught by jonghyun was already terrible how much more when his cousins finds out about this. he just didn't want the others getting involve. and he thought he executed his plans without flaw .

he thought too soon.

" key bet within a week. and by the looks of it, I think  he'll really win hyung. i'm cool if i'll lose to mir or EUN ah but KEY?!! NO NO NO WAY hyung !! He's been beating me up in bets and boasts about it !  not this time. so what I want to happen is, we have to keep Myungsoo and minhae apart from each other for a week or more just so I can assure key's dooms day . we can ask Siwan to keep minhae company. they seemed to like each other. " he stated.  

his hyung was still sulking.

jonghyun tap a hand over his hyung's shoulder for comfort. " sorry hyung, but please help mewwwww ." he wiggled his eyebrows and blinked his eyes cutely.

" you blackmailed me and now your showing eaygo. " jinki shook his head, wiping his bleakly eyes and nodded in return.

" okey , i'll help you. but only for a week. "  

jonghyun chuckled noisily." you got it . " they closed their deal with a warm hug. they proceeded on eating the roasted chicken and started talking about their plan when Mir burst in the chicken. Shifting his head from left to Right  looking so deeply trouble . " hyung !!! " and a deep tone of fraught.

The two boys stared at him with a questioning eyes.

Onew approached Mir who was catching his breathes.

"chul yong, what is it ?" He disquietingly asked the younger. jonghyun joined the two and asked the same thing.

" it's Myungsoo and Siwan hyung, they're sorta killing each other. " he reported as clear as he could.

" w-what ?! " the two oldest Gawked.

~ outside.

They scurried out and Found the chaos in the middle of the lawn.

Eun ah was beside Myungsoo while Key was in front of him , blocking any offensive attacks. on the other hand, Taemin and minhae was on siwan's side, with Uee in the middle and stretching her arms at her sides to stop any violence .

" what is this ?! What happened here ?! " Onew Gnawingly stared back and forth between the two parties but no one speak up.

Siwan had bruises along his jawline. he was paler than his usual color. his shirt was almost torn apart and he looked like he was about to faint . his eyes looked worn out and dropping. He was leaning over Taemin's body for balance. he couldn't bare looking.

When he saw his cousin his heart felt like it was  being squeezed. Myungsoo's lips were bleeding. some tinge of blood stain looked darker in his black shirt. His khaki pants were dirty and his shirt was cramped. he was red in rage. his fist , clenching into a ball. gritted teeth and a much more darker aura. his blood shot glare was for Siwan alone. Myungsoo was not the violent type and he had never seen him in this kind of  state with so much madness in his eyes. It was a sight Onew didn't want to see. he was torn.

he saw an sudden change in his expression, from rage into a glint of Hurt, like he was in pain.

" Myungsoo- " he croaked.

Before he even had the chance to comfort him, Myungsoo flinched away from key's hold and walked out on them in a tottering gait. he kept shoving away Jonghyun's restricting hold who was trying to hold him back and he kept muttering offhand words. when he attempted to follow his cousin, Uee stopped him.

" it's okey oppa , let me talk to him. " she said . With a nod , she followed Myungsoo from behind.  

The rest was left in daze.
 
 
 
 
 

------------------------------------

OHOHOHOHO double update . ^_* I love u guys .

Well, seems like Onew had been busy with other things only his cousin jonghyun knew about it .

how'd you like the bolder and slightly flirty Myungsoo ?

And wow they are really getting into a serous fight.  

guys. Il reply to your comments first thing in the morning . I'm sleepy hehe .

Thank you for reading hope u comment ! ^_*

k.