The derp squad

The Kim's

Everybody was settling down the table. Myungsoo was the only one left dumbfounded and immobile for a mere 5 minutes. couldn't decide whether to sit beside minhae (considering how the other must have been killing him in her mind which myungsoo certainly understands why ) or just sit elsewhere. but seeing Siwan following minhae behind like an obsessed lovesick puppy made his teeth slowly gritting against each other. he promptly stepped a foot closer beside minhae and blocked Siwan like a thrown away pet, giving the freshly bruised boy  ( That resembles myungsoo's swollen face somehow) a mocking smile which the latter chuckled in retort. Minhae was surprised by his sudden action but ignored him eventually. Myungsoo was a second away from sitting beside her when Onew came a blink ahead of him, giving him an apologetic beaming smile as he was sitting down. jonghyun was surprisingly occupying the other sit in a hurry not minding the other two, so Myungsoo and Siwan was left standing with a mixture of blank and casted out expression.

"the hell ?" Myungsoo snarled. feeling odd on how his two cousins acts weirdly irritating and pissing him off as early as 7am.

" aren't you two joining ? " their uncle  jongin asked staring at the two stuck up boys with a knowing smile. Myungsoo and Siwan glared at each other for a quick moment before taking the unoccupied seats across Onew, minhae and jonghyun.

When everyone one was finally seated, the entire family talk started by the seniors themselves while enjoying their steaming hot breakfast. Chanyeol  spread his happy virus across the table and kept everyone alive with the help of his overactive son Mir and the occasionally interrupting kyungsoo and key. Myungsoo kept throwing minhae some staring into space gaze  rather frequently with a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. He doesn't mind the throbbing pain on it, not at all. Onew somehow caught his beloved cousin staring indiscreetly at minhae and end up snickering on his seat. Uee , sitting beside the older one looked at him with curious orbs. Onew nudged her elbow and pursed his lips, pointing at Myungsoo who didn't noticed them noticing him at all .

" is Myungsoo okey?" Uee asked in a low tone only Onew can hear. the beaming boy nodded vigoriously than expected," yes . i think he's feeling really really great. " he said, picking up the idea of Myungsoo finally seeing the light. he doesn't need to ask why. Myungsoo's  fresh and genuine smile with sprinkles of adoration that he haven't seen in ages just explains everything. he knew him, well enough to tell Myungsoo's finally acknowledging his buried feelings for the oblivious  bubbly girl  sitting beside him. well it was about damn time. his hyung-fanboying feels is urging him to help his handsome cousin out but unfortunately, he's tied around jonghyun's slender fingers. the idea made him frowned.

Uee gazed at Myungsoo again and understood what Onew was trying to say behind his broad reply. She shared some glistening smiles with Onew.

" hyung ? how's your lips ?? Still hurts? "

Myungsoo glanced at Taemin's question, voice with obvious concern in them . he flinched a little when the youngest poked his lips gently and muttering a quick apology after seeing his startling reaction.

" I'm fine. It's fine . " he said, smiling again telling the younger to stop worrying about him and continue eating his Tuna turnover. he stared back at minhae once again and almost forgetting the fact that his untouched breakfast is shouting for his attention.

" so, " their uncle jongin starts in his deep and loud voice, garnering all their attention. he took another sip of his cafe Americano savoring it's bitter taste, sighing in content  before finishing his sentence." I've heard someone had a fist boxing party yesterday. " he said, grinning widely at how the kids darted all their attention to Myungsoo and Siwan who was quite the entire time .

" oh yeah ! what happened ? your grandmother had been blabbering all about it last night when we talked over the phone. She said she just saw the reenactment of how jongin and jongdae punched each over senseless over a Mario game, 20 years ago. " he laughed out loud with a frightening expression. Jongin rolled his eyes with the memory. "when joonmyeon hyung found out, he was worried about it as usual  while jongdae didn't give a about it as usual also.  " chanyeol added, his inhuman laugh dying along his words and replaced by curiosity in his twitching eyes which was scarier than his laughing face if you asked siwan and minhae who wasn't immune to any of it (yet.) chanyeol growled when he  felt a quick punch from kyungsoo and nagging about using appropriate words in front of their teenage children. Jongin rolled his eyes again and let the two barter arguments for awhile as he remind quite in between them, enjoying his half- empty coffee. minhae dropped her attention on her cup of milk . she doesn't want to hear anything about yesterday . Myungsoo closed his eyes disappointedly because he knew what causes her lack of interest. And he can't blame her, he admits it to himself . he could have told her how he feels when she courageously asked that question .Thinking about it now makes him crazy. he wanted to hit his head hard against a wall for being an idiot. and no , he's not sorry even an inch for fighting, punching and cursing Siwan.

" the bastard deserves it . " he thought, but minhae's darkening expression and averted eye contact was taking a toll on him. It upsets him more than the usual, probably because he finally figured his feelings and feeling her drifting away from him on purpose is shaking his heart disproportionally from it's original place in his chest. he's determined to talk to her no matter what. Even more than willing to kneel before her if the situation calls for it and if it's the only way to call her attention. he'll do it without question .

" it was nothing dad  ! just some small boys misunderstanding really . " key nervously replied saving his cousin from the prying instincts of the elders. he was  laughing exaggeratedly and stepping on EUN ah's foot under the table asking for some serious back up.

 

" umm- yeah. not a big deal at all dad ." she supported , giving his father that princess eyes to make him jump into another topic like : how are you and your boyfriend ? Finally reached 3rd base ? ; which was odd because , normally . it's their uncle jongin asks those kinds of stuffs behind their uncle kyungsoo's back.

" I don't see some swollen lips and bruised face is anywhere near fine and nothing . " kyungsoo said with narrowing eyes. it didn't slipped from his big surveillance pupils how his nephew and the pretty boy glares at each other. It was both amusing and disturbing sight to be honest.

Taemin didn't have to pout at Onew for long for him to intervene. He composed his voice before giving his charmspeak ( which usually works with his father and the seniors but never among his cousins) a chance , " they just met and we know how
People's differences gets ahead of them . they argued over something but it's resolved now, nothing to worry about . " he smiled at his uncles with pursuation in his mellow voice , his smiling eyes telling  them to just buy my goddam excuse PLEASE because seeing his cousin drifting off space , quite clear that myunsoo isn't capable of helping himself. let alone Siwan who seemed to be enjoying the topic.

The 7 people who knew better sighed in deep relief seeing the three elders nod in understanding and putting an end to their interrogating antics. though there were still some suspicious glint shearing on their eyelashes.

" so how is everyone? any money betting happening recently? " their uncle chanyeol asked like it was a normal family-get-together-question. However, the words were making key, jonghyun, Mir and EUN ah gurgled with their own orange juices, taken aback by his sudden question attack. Their paper paled faces matches with each other.  

" how about blackmailing ? " kyungsoo asked in second emotion whilst spreading a butter across the wheat bread and handed it over to his pouting son Taemin.

" ahh -- dad --amm," key grasped some air for a moment and stammering between his words. reaching out for his father and pointing at the closed window like his depressed lungs is in badly need of fresh freezing air.  Siwan was smiling on his seat enjoying key's guilty  puzzled expression.  

" or getting greedy over money ? " jongin sneered at his question when EUN ah coughs loudly giving her chest hard cupped pats to drain some bread that had a serious traffic along . chanyeol even stood up to give his Daughter some smothering back rubs. Asking her what's wrong.

"teaming up for revenge ?  or probably teaming up just for the fun of it ? " jongin added. Onew roughly cleared his throat from the lump forming and just focused his attention on his pet chicki and found some new interesting colored feathers growing (wow.) jonghyun  hummed his newly composed song and pretended not to hear a thing from his uncle, tapping his chopsticks over his plate, drumming. Mir was popping his mouth for the fifth time but secretly sweating under his jammies (considering the freezing temperature ) feeling his uncle kyungsoo's uncomfortable purging eyes trailing his expression. their maknae Taemin was talking to his Myungsoo hyung and didn't really paid attention to anyone's question from the very beginning.

The three elders exchange wiggling glances after seeing all their reactions.  

" I see . " kyungsoo smiled widely. His smile made the atmosphere less tense and stiff compared to earlier. " same old same old . " he chuckled, pouring some hot tea onto key's cup. key managed to smiled innocently to his father. as innocent as possible.

"well what are you kids waiting for ? Sit comfortably and eat. You need to have a great carbo loading since all of you will need a plenty of energy today . " kyungsoo said, jongin was sitting snuggly close to his beside which the latter didn't utter a single protest.

" what why?" they all asked .

" because we'll be playing today . "chanyeol answered incoherently stuffing some pancakes and grinning widely . it's either he's thinking of something funny or he's happy with his pancakes.

" what are we playing dad ?" mir asked while stirring some coffee and brushing the guilty sweats off his palms. their uncle jongin, smirked perkily along the rim of his cup.

" GUNS." he grinned .

All the teenagers gagged on their own plate when they heard the last word.

" WHAT ? GUNS? " Onew , who was the first one to recover asked loudly. shocked with furrowed forehead, looking at his uncle kyungsoo with eyes saying: what the hell is your husband talking about ?  

chanyeol nodded hyperactively, laughing that even his curly hair was bouncing up and down. he slammed the table watching their children's paled expression." yes . guns like guns guns. don't worry , it will be super FUN I TELL YOU !! " pointing each one of them sheepishly in a deep voice that startled the living daylights out of the teenagers.

" your scaring the children yeol stop it . " kyungsoo's eyes perched high at him after observing the gulping expressions of the teenage kids. jongin was laughing along his brother's antics.

minhae rested her back against the chair, stunned and sighing in nervousness because GUNS ? really ?!! She haven't even tried holding a toy gun how could ?," hey , jonghyun . tell me they are not serious about this. " she cooed pleadingly , tugging the others oversized sweater. Jonghyun leaned closer to her ear, " that's the scary thing. They are never serious . " the words came out creepy and slick that made minhae's skin hair stand. even her eyelashes .

" you wanna know how my uncles discuss business meetings?

"how?"

Jonghyun scotted closer, ignored Myungsoo's glares. " unlike other business mens who have table reservations at an elegant restaurant in their flashy business suits, my uncles gather up in one place in just casual khaki pants and polo shirts really casual you can say. they'l buy a plastic bag full of big macburger and some frafuccino. sits beside the sidewalk and then talk about big business deals concerning two large companies like taiwan and our. shipping issues and closing deals with just their cellphones on hand and some papers they usually use to sit on, they even joke around in between arguments. " jonghyun giggled at the memory , " I know because my dad took me to one of their business meetings. he asked me to wait and sit behind him playing with my PSP. the 5 of them  discussed things while dipping some french fries  over a cup of tomato ketchup. My dad said there's no need to be formal around his brothers, they can even talk about the company under financial problems and bankruptcy  while showering and soaping each other." he giggled even more. meanwhile, minhae was stuck in her senses, staring at the three uncles and realizing where the junior Kim's got their not-so-up-tight-always-playful- attitude. definitely from their fathers.

"but dad, how can we play guns when it's 10 degree's down to ZEro outside. " taemin whined, pouting his lips and checking how the outside world was nothing but white and freezing. all of them nodded and begged to dismiss the idea and just play another game. No one really wanted to freeze to death before Christmas arrives. kyungsoo who is  easily shaken by his son's whines placed a hand over his husband's knee and asked him to just forget the game it's dangerous. but the other kept his stern decision even though kyungsoo's sweet talk was getting into him.

" nope. we are playing this game. trust me guys, you'll have a great time. we played this once. " everybody groaned at their uncle jongin's persistence.

" once ? You only played it once ? " Mir shrieked, shaking his head in advance disagreement.

Chanyeol scratched his head hiding his mischievous smile. " yeah , your grandmother grounded us for a month after playing. " he giggled, but the atmosphere was even more dreadful. " but the good thing is ! your grandmother is not around ! " he beamed like it was the good news of the year. clapping his hands up but eventually  died to silence when no one was harboring the same enthusiasm glow as him . Expect jongin of course.

" trust me, it's going to be a game you'l never forget. for me , it was memorable and precious. " he smirked at kyungsoo who was looking at him at the same time, " it was the day I confessed how I feel about you. remember soo ?" kyungsoo rolled his big eyeballs but snickered nonetheless ." it was so sweet wasn't it ? " he asked, his fingers trailing along his husband's bared neck which the latter immediately pinched his hand to stop because there are minor eyes staring. jongin just gave him a laugh while observing kyungsoo's flustered face. " oh please ! what's so sweet about dragging me away and making me wait 2 hours freaking freezing before you finally said a word to me. " kyungsoo smug cooly but his eyes were smiling like the memory was indeed a precious gem, something to look back to.

jongin leaned forward, propped his elbow and resting his chin over his opened palm, his hand was still wandering around his lovers neck teasingly no matter how the other glared for him to stop . " we made love under that big freezing oak sturdy tree outside for the very first time . It took us  the rest of the afternoon doing it in a slow satisfying pace. I can still remember how you moaned my name so loudly it sounded so beautiful in my ears kyung, and it still has the same effect after 22 yrs of being together and i remember how you were clinging around my neck so helplessly when i was thrus-

" JESUS CHRIST STOP!!! " kyungsoo girly screamed, his eyes were never been bigger, cupping his bare palm over jongin's mouth to shut him up because all the people on the table just bang their heads on their plates due to his husbands ministrations. Even the maids went out to get their suppressed giggles out of their system. His son key was choking Air and drowning into his own cup of tea hearing his father's confession. Taemin was just smiling so broadly and thinking how his parents were so sweet with each other. Myungsoo was rubbing his face that was surprisingly aching more than yesterday. Siwan was laughing while Uee looked  embarassed for kyungsoo. chanyeol almost tripped over his chair from hilariously googling at the couple saying: so that's why the two of you were missing whole afternoon that day now I know : his laughs continued.

"that was the sweet moment I've been talking about soo. " jongin second emotion, he somehow managed to get his lover's hand removed away from his mouth when he kissed it on the inside lovingly. he could see how kyungsoo was turning a bloodily red on his seat, slapping his arm consecutively and yelling : STOP WATCH YOUR MOUTH YOU-- ! : not to mention key looking red like his father.

"I- I'll  pretend I didn't heard anything. " kibum muttered inaudibly, he want's nothing else but to crawl inside a rathole and stay there for the rest of his earthy life rather than hearing his parents private moments together.

" the prizes are worth dying for guys so don't worry. " chanyeol said setting the topic aside because the atmosphere was getting warmer than they wanted. He took an apple and munching on it without table etiquette. The word * prizes * caught everybody's attention even minhae who was against the whole gun game from the very beginning. one thing she learned about the Kim's family, is that they are very playful , into games and when it comes to prizers, they are extremely generous. her MacBook she won months ago during their treasure hunting is truly a treasure.

" we're not allowed to spill the beans up until later ordered from a higher power, as he considers himself and , we still have to wait for mr. Senior citizen who'l be explaining the mechanics of the game. " jongin tilted his head adamantly. Their hyung gave them a serious mental note to not start without him and their other sibling. not because they are afraid to disobey him, more because they cringe seeing their hyung sulk and will surely bring the topic again and again to make them feel guilty.

"your introduction is not that amusing brother.Though I'll give you  credits for keeping your promise.  "  

A soft serenading voice reverberated  across the room noisy room, silencing every sound and squeaking pitch. Minhae had to remind herself to blink when she saw a man in his business suit, his curly hair was a faint shade of burgundy red. porcelain pale skin with that winsome smile on his face. She got a clue who the man was when the said person stopped beside Onew and gave the beaming boy a ruffling hair and a quick adoring peck on the crown of his head. it was Onew's
Father. Kim Joonmyeon, the oldest as he introduced himself to them. she didn't missed the stare he gave her. the look of what seemed to be recognition, confusion and hesitancy. he only stopped staring when another man in his casual clothes arrived. Minhae smiled at him in an effort to dismiss the adult's uncanny expression towards her.

" i see that everyone is gathered. " the man said in casual clothes, he was few inches taller than Joonmyeon. he was fair skin, raven hair, prominent jawline and a very intriguing eyes. he was smiling so cheerfully, crinkling cresent orbs that in some ways speaks fun, trouble and back with fun again. Jonghyun ran up to him and walked with arms on either shoulders, they looked more like best friends than father and son . he introduced himself as Kim jongdae.

joonmyeon dragged a chair and sat in between kyungsoo and jongin. " I don't want any active members of the Philippine dental association ( PDA) in this room right now. behave people . " he reprimand in a failed dream to be strict. He flicked jongin's sneaky hand ching over kyungsoo's lap under the table. his brother gave him a hatred *how dare you interrupt hyung* look . he moved aside grumbling whilst kyungsoo was mouthing a sincere *thank you hyung* close to his ear.

Minhae and Siwan voluntarily stood up, bowed politely and introduced themselves. jongdae and jongin looked pleased with the boy and kept
throwing fancy compliments that made Myungsoo gag oxygen on his seat. when it was minhae's turn she smiled back at them genuinely . her nervousness was evident with her spluttering words. chanyeol looked astonished, leaning over his brothers jongin and jongdae. whispering inaudibly and smiling meaningfully afterwards. but what made minhae nervous and tremble wasn't the three brothers who were throwing her discerning remarks, but it was joonmyeon's keen stares. It wasn't  scary though, more like overwhelming for someone so handsome to even stare at a teenager longer than necessary. the elder smiles brightly from time to time but his sharp gentle eyes felt like a scanner. studying her every features. Looking for something she doesn't know what. She huffed back down on her seat after speaking, feeling less comfortable.

The elder rolled his sleeve a centimeter up revealing his watch," it's 8am. we'll give you 2 hours to shower and get into warmer clothes. don't worry about the freezing weather, we have clothes specially bought for that." he ushered the kids out, hearing their complains and excitement all jumbled together. he watched them scuttled out of the hall.

"minhae ?"

The called girl spun around and gazed up at him with a startled questioning look showed only tentatively before shimmering into a perky smile." yes-sir? " she faltered, he caught the reluctant tone in her voice, confused how to address an elder. joonmeyon was more amused by this reaction.  

"just call me oppa ." he cackled naturally. minhae tried to keep the giggles to herself but since she lacks self-control, she laughed along. She was worried she might have offended the other. joonmyeon laughed in return. Seeing the teenager laugh proved him that he haven't lose his humorous touch after all.

"Lol hyung ! Oppa? Don't listen to him. " chanyeol spat hearing their conversation and nearly rolled down the carpet with his hyung." Hyung, your like a millennia older than her. get real ! just call him grandpa, minhae. its more socially accepted." he corrected earning a pout from the older.

"don't mind him. He was a psych ran away patient way back 16 years ago. and he  doesn't seem to remember it . Psych patient have the tendency to surpressed things and-"

"I have big ears hyung, big sensitive ears  in case you haven't noticed for the past years of living together. " chanyeol dejected, rubbing his poking ears together to stressed his point out. the elder laughed at his brother and returned his gaze on minhae.

" call me uncle. " joonmyeon finalized to the confused girl. Onew , who's been standing beside minhae the whole time  smiled blindingly at his father. minhae nodded and said that she will address him like how he wants her too. chanyeol begged to be addressed the same way too.

" I heard so much about you. minhae right? " it was jongdae who just joined the circle moments after. Minhae finds the other one a charming man with an impish smile tugging across his lips. it was weird for minhae how the three elders took an interest into talking to her. She didn't noticed Myungsoo keeping watch suspiciously from a far but got dragged by Uee telling him they need to talk about something.

" ah-- I don't know what to say . " she stuttered because seriously, she beg to disagree when their halmuhnee claimed that the gang's parents only gave little contribution when Physical features is in question. they were all gorgeous. Onew and his father probably doesn't share some features but they have the same gentleness that reflects a pure and kind soul, a calm smothering voice not to mention the blinding smile they both strongly share.  mir, EUN ah's live personality  came from their father obviously and mir's rapping skills. Jonghyun and his father's similarity was something she needs to witness herself.  

"I'm a businessman slash music director. " jongdae smirkily said. Jonghyun nodded proudly beside his father telling minhae that he gets his voice lessons from his dad.

"how was the song I've been telling you to practice? " jongdae asked, jonghyun scratched his head and shly  started singing the said song instead of replying. it was 4men's baby baby. when his father sang the song with him in an intention to correct his tune in the process made the stunned girl even more stunned. jongdae's voice was slick with a powerful timbre. they both sang the momentary high notes, minhae forgot the meaning of the word awesome. she squealed and clapped her hands together in sheer appreciation.  jonghyun have his father's brilliant voice.

" son, when you sing the high notes, don't hold back . just let it out because everything shows all over your face. your wincing. " jongdae noticed, having an impromptu voice lessons. jonghyun nodded and took a mental note about it. chanyeol was just checking his nails the entire time. bored hearing jongdae showing off his voice talent. he's been living his entire lifetime with the other to even spare a minute of fanboying.

"what is this ? A showcase ? " jongin intercepted with a chuckle . Taemin was tugging behind his father 's sweater and whining about spiders in the lines of : dad my pet spider just died, will you buy me a new one please ?: his father kept side glancing at the youngest and telling him that he will buy him one just promise not spout anything to his other father kyungsoo about it which the latter nodded in agreement. minhae later found out that except from the two's physical similarity, Taemin got his dancing gene from his father.

After a good 15 minutes of talk the rest of them stride away and went to attend some things. it only left minhae, Onew and his father in the dinning hall. minhae was enjoying the family's company. she never envied a relationship this much before. seeing the father and son talk so naturally , catching up with the up to dates since they rarely see each other. the father and son skinship, a pat on the shoulder and quick warm hugs. how she wished she experienced those. Even how Taemin whines at his father and mir joking around his dad. or key and his father's same interest in cooking. she wished she had those moments. Something to cherished and remember. but it was late for those now. she lost hers at an early age. And her mother, in some ways refused to remarry.

"minhae-shi, if you don't mind me asking, are you from here ? I mean , where were you born ? " joonmyeon asked after noticing how the other ceased from talking. Minhae hummed for a moment.

" in America. "  

" but your parents are both Koreans ?" he asked again.

" My mom. my dad's  a native chinese. " she answered. a big question mark was floating above her, no one really gave an interest about her parents. not even her circle of friends.

" ahh- I see . " the man said nodding, his eyes were telling her that there were still more he wanted to ask. He paused for awhile before firing his next question he's been wondering the moment he saw her earlier. " how about your mother? Is she in the country ? Are you two living together?" his expression suddenly got serious, watching every change of expression she'll show. expecting something.

minhae paled, she gulped down the anchored rock on . The question took her off guard. She didn't expect a question like that from him. She never really thought about how to reply back these questions although she knew beforehand that sooner or later someone would. but because again, no one ever pried deeper into her private life so she nevermind. she wasn't ready to even share it to anyone. not that she doesn't want to but, she can't.

"we're - not living together. I - mean , she's - busy overseas. yes . " her palms were sweating that she managed to hid behind her back, she tired smiling to hide his uneasiness but Onew was quick with expressions.

" what's her na---- "

" dad, I think it's a bit private to ask, minhae doesn't seem comfortable talking  about it though, " Onew intercepted, understanding her stiff expression and giving his dad a telepathic message of: let it go dad.

The elder smiled apologetically and patted minhae's head. His hand was warm easing away the sudden change of atmosphere.

" Ohh, minhae I'm sorry for the intrusion. my curiosity got into me. really. Because," there was a long pause and a reluctant glint in his cresent eyes before continuing," you reminded me of someone back in the old days." he explained, putting the words into a humorous tune. minhae heaved all her expression to laugh along but her head was telling her to never spend alone time with Onew's father.

" is it aunt eunshi dad? " Onew asked. that stopped his father from laughing hearing his long dead sister's name.

he stared back at her more intently now than he frequently did since earlier. A hint of realization  in his eyes, and a warm smile flashed at her, " I see why my mother talks a lot about you . " he chuckled," anyway, I'll go and change into a more appropriate clothes ," he said staring down on his business suit laughing. the two nodded and watched the elder stepped away, " and oh jinki, see me after your done preparing, we have something to talk about. " he said, not waiting for his son's reply and proceeded on walking. before even disappearing along the hallway, joonmyeon looked back at minhae who was chatting lively with his son. he fished his phone and scrolled a particular number. he contemplated for awhile and shrugged the idea off thinking it was a bit ridiculous. he walked fast and strode up the staircase.

~

" do I really look like her ? " minhae asked, Onew gave her a silly smile as they made they way through the 2nd floor. minhae's been thinking about it, no one could really testify her resemblance with the said child aside from those people who saw eunshi in the flesh.  

" just the eyes and the smile, are you bothered?" he asked, concerned. He noticed how his father kept looking at her, probably the image of his beloved sister was prodding inside his father's head.

" more like curious. " she admitted. Minhae fathomed for awhile whether to ask the other about something. " oppa, do you have any other visitor in the mansion ? Because just yesterday I heard someone crying. I think she's hurt or something. " she told him the entire experienced she had and found Onew quietly listening to her.

" by any chance , where you in the west wing that time ? " he asked with an unreadable expression. minhae thought about for a moment until the image of the particular scary butler she met yesterday crossed her mind. " yes ! there was a butler even. he told me it was forbidden for anyone to go there. visitors like me I guess. " jinki's reaction  was disturbing until finally he spoke.

" it's odd. her cries haven't been heard around the mansion for nearly 20 years or more now, " he mumbled more to himself. Minhae asked him what and the only time jinki stared at her." minhae, that room you were saying. It's aunt eunshi's room. it's been years, no one ever heard those sniffles that everybody considers hers. until, " there was a deafening silence between the two of them. minhae can't bring herself to react.

"until you heard it. until you came. "

Jinki bit his lower plump lips regretting from mentioning anything. minhae's expression looked bothered at some point." hey , don't be afraid. I don't think aunt eunshi will haunt you or something. " he smiled at her to somehow ease the tension. minhae smiled back , " honestly , I'm not afraid. " she admits. on a normal
Day to day basis she would have been Freaking out hearing a crying soul under her bed or closet or even just the slightest stifle in the middle of the night. but strangely, in this matter she feels silly for not feeling any fear. " I feel sorry for her. " she muttered . She can sense that the soul wanted something from her. maybe need something from her. But what ? what kind of help can she offer her.?

" 2 hours is almost up. We should get going minhae, my dad is a bit time conscious. " he ushered her to her room and onew was left in deep thoughts.

~

" then let's go and tell her ! "

The two were currently at the balcony speaking Furtively. It was freezing like north pole and both of them were just in their moderately thick sweaters. Myungsoo was dragged by Uee moments ago and been on a hot seat for the passed 15 minutes. her interrogating questions were maybe the reason why He haven't felt any numbing chill from their environment.

" I will, just not aggressively. she's mad at me. " he explained. Uee's been pulling him to minhae's room and suggesting to just blurt it out shamelessly. but Myungsoo have another approach in mind. Uee looked at him with an unbelieving frown.

"but when ? Just to remind you Siwan is one step ahead of you. he's hanging around her room at the moment. "

"what?!"

"yeah, your that slow Myungsoo. " she mocked, leaning against the wall and hugging herself in an attempt to get warm. myungsoo was stuck in his own thoughts only to be brought back with Uee's calling.

"i knew that you like her. that you will eventually like her. " she looked down at her shoe drawing circles over the cold clustered snow. she heard Myungsoo gulped nervously and that gesture made her giggled.

"how did-"

"you treat her differently. " she softly said, remembering that night. months ago during their soccer training when she boldly kissed Myungsoo. it was reckless and desperate. She badly wanted to know Myungsoo's feelings. In hopes of having the same feelings for each other, but her hopes came crumbling when he languidly pulled away from her in an attempt to stop in a less offending way. that night Myungsoo told her that he can only offer friendship and nothing beyond that fence. she was heart broken but built a strong image in front of him and said that it was nothing. just mere experiment to see his reaction. that was the lamest excuse she ever made. Myungsoo just laughed at her and bought her pretentious reason. Myungsoo was liking someone else she was sure of it, because as the days passed by she saw him changing. more human who show's more emotions than the kid Myungsoo she grew up with.

" you can call it a women's intuition or something. " she stuck her tongue out playfully causing Myungsoo to smirk, crossing his arms over his chest.

"i just hope your not too late Myungsoo. you know what I mean right? "

the other pulled air out of his chest. he didn't said anything but he was hoping the same words.

"so your planning to confess today. Interesting. "

Deep voices
and a clattering noise coming from the inside of the mansion. the sliding door opened and the two teenagers can visibly jump off their skins seeing  three men cackling like morons. Myungsoo's nightmares were becoming his reality.  

"how long have you been eavesdropping?!" he shot infuriatingly at his uncles. Never mind honorifics. if he could murder the three of them to hell with being in jail he really will. his conscience was the only one stopping him from it. The three men stood straight. his uncle chanyeol leaning over the railings  having that derp face. His provocative uncle jongin was giving him teasing looks, wrapping an arm over the same shocked Uee. and seems like hell was in myungsoo's favor when the resident troll in their family, his uncle jongdae out of all ing people was also one of the three eavesdroppers, wiggling his eyebrows at him and mouthing : let's have fun today nephew.

"." he growled. his day was bound to be a messed up one.

"now that's a bad word. " his uncle jongin scolded insincerely at him. the next thing Myungsoo hears were tons of suggestions on how to confess in a memorable way, his uncles were childishly arguing at each other.  

"how about having a  picnic ?"

"picnic. in this weather. you expect them to have a picnic outside in this freezing temperature." one said sarcastically.

"doesn't always have to be outdoors!"

" it's not even considered picnic if its inside the house. It's called TEA TIME. can you be more logical?."

"tea is not bad."

"God . how did you even confess to your wife?"

"I didn't . she made the first move. that's how awesome I am dae."

" just lock them inside a small closet, let's just leave some condoms to make sure you know."

The other two frowned with the other's idea.

" oww, don't tell kyungsoo I suggested that. i'm not dreaming of abstinence for a month."  

Myungsoo's knuckles were paled white, his anger was multiplying by the second hearing them talking nonsense suggestions." DAMNMIT ALL OF YOU SHUT UP ! " he cursed. The three of them were stoned and unmoving, a twitching amusement were all on their faces.  Myungsoo didn't mind how he just cursed in front of his elders, sometimes he thinks the three of them didn't even care how he says it in front of their face every time they see each other. there is always anticipation in their eyes that he can't understand why. instead of scolding him they'll just pester him even more. Anticipating his angry outburst.

"look, I don't need any of your help. I can do this by myself . " he roughly started,glaring at them and heading out with Uee behind. but before he made it to the door, two strong hands pulled him back pinning him against the cold metal railings, twinge of pain was spreading across his back from too much force, he cursed in pain.

a forefinger came hovering in front of him swaying into a "no- no-uh uh. " gesture. it was his uncle troll jongdae in front of him. Chanyeol and jongin were both in his either side holding him back." you don't have the right to say no My dear nephew. " he sneered .

"two options. you have to choose between these two options. " Jongdae added, waving two fingers out. the two were just listening and giving the floor to the resident troll to do all the talking and negotiation.

Myungsoo made a face. There was no way he'll hear any of those options out. he sees Uee shaking her head in protest behind the three abusers. when the three trolls pushed him off the edge giving him a silent message that they will trip him off the high balcony if he don't start speaking.

he dropped his head lowly, there was no way he can get out." what is it ? WHAT OPTIONS DO I HAVE?" he stated, though his temper was flouncing out, he dropped his defenses and stopped struggling. He was getting tired arguing with immediate relatives. the other two chuckled with his submission.

"first option: you will willingly let us help you with this confession of yours and-"

"hold it," Myungsoo interrupted," how could I end up willingly letting  you guys help me when I'm not even sincerely willing to be helped ?! I don't need your help and I'm not asking for it .  Two sentences  doesn't make any sense and-- "

"shut up I'm not done yet smart boy." his uncle retaliated, placing a finger over his thin lips to keep his voice down. " second option: you won't be doing anything today because we will CONFESS those hummingbird heart beat feelings for you." he sing-song. Uee was face palming herself behind his uncle.

"excuse me? Confess for me what ?" Myungsoo parrots. They must be joking. Albeit the chances of it is down to 3%. his uncle jongin snorted at his side." you heard the words, we will reveal your feelings to her ourselves so it's either let us help you Or we will directly tell her, with or without your permission. so ? What will it be?" he asked, chanyeol was laughing at Myungsoo's constipated expression.

Myungsoo wanted to rephrase the options he have. 1: is more like accepting a gun provided by his uncles and pulls the trigger towards himself and die or 2: let his uncles blind fold him and wait for one of his uncle's helping hand to push him off the cliff and die.  Both are suicidal and nothing is better than the other. this was the reason why he's careful, not only him but all of his cousins from getting their parents involvement into these  kind of s because nothing will end up normal. his cousins who loves being into each others business is already a massive headache for him but getting the attention of his uncles is like waiting for an apocalypse to happen.

he closed him eyes and gave his choice. the three troll musketeers we're in glorious triumph when he gave in.  it's not like he has any other choice. Uee was sighing in disappointments. She's been a family friend for long that she precisely understand what was about to happen. they gather around saying they have a plan. "how did you even formulate options and a plan when you only heard us talking just minutes ago?"they couldn't have thought of everything in a blink of an eye now could they ?

Jongdae and chanyeol We're entranced by his question. jongdae shaking his head in disbelief. " you kids have a lot to learn from us I see. "

" it's called 10 seconds planning and I can't believe you don't know ! these kids seriously have to develop their skills." jongin remarkably pondered with the thought "-- we'll tutor you later today but for now, let's get down to business. " Myungsoo was pulled by chanyeol despite his protest.

" And the people kept saying i'm the evil one. they should meet my uncles. they are the very literal meaning of the said word. " Myungsoo thought to himself. how his uncles ended up as one of the country's biggest business typhoons  in this kind of mentality ? he doesn't  want to waste time shuffling his brain about it.

~

Outside the mansion, the heavy winter breeze was chilly and shivering splendor. the handmaids were already there setting up the needed materials. first aid kit in case something went beyond what was planned. beside the marble table, the elder among the rest was waiting for the kids to gather up. Wrapped in a winter clothing and a red scarf, he scanned the pages of the book he was reading the night before. waiting, he decided to finally call the person he's been thinking about. after tapping the call icon, he waited for the other ringing line to pick up. there was no answer in his fifth attempt to call again until,

"hyung," a groggy voice from the another line was heard fresh from deep slumber. he haven't heard that voice for months. a smile founds its way a across his lips.

"hi there our dear maknae." he greeted sweetly like they used to. He heard some protesting grunts on the other line.

"did you just called me to aeygo hyung? its like freaking early here and I have schedules hours from now. I need to get some sleep. What is it that you want ?" The other retorted candidly. Joonmyeon's face fell into a frown hearing how his brother changed over the past years. he wanted to blame the distance and the lack of communication, but he knew there was something more behind his brother's  cold facade.

" I just wanted to ask you when you'll be coming home?"

he heard some muffling noise on the other line. His brother's more likely getting up into a sitting position over the bed and resting against the headboard. " I'm busy ." he boringly replied with a lack of interest. His eyebrow angled high.

" busy or trying to keep yourself busy ?"

" what do you want from me?" his brother asked. Joonmyeon couldn't help but sighed dreadfully, wondering where on earth did his soft spoken dongsaeng go ?

" home. you need to come home. do you know how mother keeps asking about you ? you've been rejecting her calls. " joonmyeon was trying Hard to persuade him. it's always a big hurdle to reach him. let alone swoon him into coming home.

" is that the reason why your calling ? your annoyed by her request and forced to bug me to come home?" a sarcastic chucked emitted over the line. joonmyeon could sense a smirk playing over his brother's lips.

"you know well that that is not what I'm trying to make a point here. when was the last time you were home huh? What ? 5 years ago? I couldn't even recall the last thing we talked about. we miss you . what's so hard about visiting?" he was now starting to nag. he was growing frustrated with his brother being distant.

There was total silence in the other line, he was probably thinking about his request. " by the end of this year. " the other finally said.

joonmyeon was happy knowing his brother was finally considering the idea. " it's December, when is this by the end of the year you are talking about ? because I'm thinking about 2012 and you could be thinking of 2015. please, don't give me vague answers. I need fixed dates." he pleaded. sitting up and gripping onto his mobile more. he heard him sighed.

" january 2013. there ."

joonmyeon's heart was finally at ease. the excitement of seeing his brother again after a long time was overflowing," I'll be expecting you then and also," he stopped from talking when he heard minhae talking from a far. the said girl came into view and wave a hand at him. he waved back and smiled knowingly.

"and also what?"

"I want you to meet Someone. " joonmyeon said. waiting for any reaction from the other.

" don't even think of matching me with anyone hyung. I'm getting married next year. " his brother announced Indignantly.

" no it's not-- wait - WHAT ?! married ?! Wedding ? " he Exclaimed , standing upright in shocked. he dropped his alchemist book he's been reading halfway. his mind went blank hearing the news.

" oww, " his brother cooed guilty," guess I forgot to tell you ."

joonmeyon once again felt palpitations were ramming his chest. his breathing was rather forceful. " why are you like this? If you didn't picked up your phone I- we wouldn't know your getting married and probably finds out about it when your  a year divorced! " his calm voice was way behind him. he was rarely seen losing his temper and this is one of those rare moments. and his brother recognized the change of voice.

"why are you making a big fuss about this ? I'm not a kid anymore. stop - all of you stop treating me  like your little baby. we ran passed those  years long ago. " he growled Rudely on the other line.

joonmyeon had to step away because his son was taking notice of him voice raising high. Jinki had the urge to approach his father but stopped when he saw how the talk over the phone was getting serious.

"look," joonmyeon starts, brushing a hand over his stressed face and pacing back and forth making his son more worried." I know your way passed your teenage years, your 20's and your living independently whichever country your at but you have a family here waiting for you. we're still brothers and I am your hyung. I'm asking- no, i'm ordering you to come home. it's either you come back on your own two feet or I'll make you. " he wasn't the type to threatened people because that is likely jongin and jongdae. But if it was the only way to drag his brother back home he will.

His brother seemed affected by his words.

"alright. Fine . I have to get some more sleep, I'll ring you when I'm back ." his voice was even more colder than December.  

joonmyeon gulped, feeling guilty for losing control with his brother," hey, i'm sorry if-- " he pressed his eyelids shut still when the line was cut off. his brother hang up on him just like that. he'd be lying If he tells himself that he wasn't hurt. he sat back scratching his hair and rocking back and forth anxiously.

"what's with the frown gramps ? Although that expression suits you. "

joonmyeon shook his head hearing jongin slurping with his soda." he's coming home jongin. "  the other one squinted his eyes for a split second figuring who the other was referring to, he cackled, " well its about time. " he sarcastically said. The glint of gladness was masked by his snarky remarks but it was there. joonmyeon thought about it before speaking. his brother deserves to know, all of them does." jongin, he said he's getting married next year." he gingerly said and narrating some exchange of words from their conversation.

Next came jongin's soda spilling around like fountain. He was coughing and asked some water from their handmaids. Joonmyeon  rubbed his back comfortingly, he was guessing this would happen. after recovering from the news jongin delve inside his pocket and wiping his phone in a haste. " what are you doing ?" joonmyeon asked though he had an idea what.

" what do you think I'm doing ?" jongin angrily hissed dropping his soda and walking away only to be stopped by his hyung. " jongin no, it will only drive him away. one call from one of us is enough for now. let it go. " he tried snatching his brother's phone away but the other one was quick with reflex .

" NO . he can't do this to us hyung! 2-3 years was fine but 5 ing years ?! without a call , birthday cards or even a message in Facebook ?! and now he'll shock us with wedding bells?! " jongin was now shouting in Anger. he was glad kyungsoo tuned the stereo up to keep some attention away from them.

" its probably a personal problem Jong, and he said he's coming home"

" he better be because i'm not gonna be lenient with him this time around. and its not enough reason to shove us away hyung. he better prepare his pretty ears because he'll be hearing tons from me when he picks up." he was now scrolling His phone book and tapped a contact.

" calm down Jong, be reasonable. " he cut out, snatching the phone away. The other kept waving the phone up and to joonmyeon dismay, jongdae will only laugh at him if he see's their position. His brother was tall and using it against him. Jongin struck him a glare before walking away yelling; tell that to him.

The older was feeling a heavy weight on his shoulder. the two could end up in a steaming argument if his brother Picks up his damn phone. he decided to keep the situation between him and jongin. he'll try to talk things out with him. jongdae and chanyeol will have to wait for awhile to know, he needs to set their temper somber up first because he can't risk having a brotherly riot at the incheon airport on january. lost in deep thoughts joonmyeon sat back exhaustedly. He saw a hand picking up his thrown book.

"dad? Is everything alright? " his son   asked with an inexplicable expression. Handling him his book. he was looking at jongin's direction not too far from them, his phone's buttons. he stood up and erased all his worries for awhile and smile like nothing happened 15 minutes ago.

" it's business. is everyone ready ?" he wrapped his arm around his son warmly and approached the noisy kids throwing snowballs at each other. their happy giggles and squeals reminds him of the good old times.

~

Jongdae called the attention of everyone. The 10 teenagers lined up after gearing up thick winter jumpsuits that covered up almost every skin. they look more like going sky diving or snow skiing. Joonmyeon came nodding after helping the young ones dress up. the rest of the group were bubbling with excitement, the others were looking drowsy while some looked bored.

" there's  10 of you. we will divide the group into 2. the red and the blue team . there will be 4 members and 1 leader each team.  to make this grouping fair and just, draw lots ! " joonmyeon started, urging kyungsoo to walk around and let the kids draw papers with the said colors from a black box. everyone took one and it all went down to:

" red team: key, Mir, Uee , Myungsoo and Jonghyun. blue team: jinki, minhae, Siwan, Taemin and hyo jin. now choose a leader. " chanyeol prompted while his brothers observed the kids talking by themselves discussing who's the better leader.

" I'll be the leader. " key announced, smirking murderously at Siwan on the other team. the other said nothing and just keeping his innocent front up. jonghyun was rolling his eyes and continued humming to big bang's fantastic baby.

"we'll  have jinki hyung! " Taemin declared clinging close to his hyung. Joonmyeon was smiling widely at his son with encouragement. jongdae stepped out rubbing his palms together. it's either to keep his hands warm or showing his excitement or probably both.

" okey here's the drill. " he gestured the maids to bring forth large boxes. he opened it and took the lovely gun they bought 3 days ago. everyone gasped seeing what he was holding while the others were in deep sea frown.

" IS THAT A NERF GUN?! " jinki was the one who reacted first eyes sparkling with joy followed by Mir and Taemin who wanted to take it and have a free firing exercise. he held a hand to keep the commotion to minimum. he raised the gun for better viewing, " this is Nerf N-Strike Elite Rampage Blaster. this is loaded with foam darts with your own specifics group color." he came closer and showed them the model. " this has a 25-dart drum magazine, this baby will strike incredible rapid-fire blitz, firing revolutionary darts at a range of 75 feet. How to do it? Just  Release a storm of darts at your target by sliding the slam-fire handle repeatedly while you hold down the trigger. " the elder demonstrated how and the kids were wowing at him." now, how do we play ? Simple. just shoot each other. your enemy must have at least 5 shots to be considered  out of the game. the last one standing with less than 2 shots wins." he said and aimed the gun at chanyeol and shot him without warning. The other one yelped in shocked and pouted at the blue stain on his sweater.

Kyungsoo passed each and every one of them a black walkie talkie. " so you can communicate between your members. and there's an emergency button there in case something went wrong. " he explained showing them the red button below. " plus, a tracking device so that you'll leaders would know his subordinate's whereabouts. " he handed a black iPad tablet to the leaders.

"and of course, the prizes. "

Their heads jolted up with retracting ears from hearing prizes. joonmyeon laughed at their reactions. " a Prada shopping spree. a 40% increase in their allowances for 3 months and- 3 days free of charge vacation in jeju. that's for the winning team. "

they were gaping wide because the prizes were certainly worth fighting for, specially key who was imaging himself smelling all those Prada collections and the rest enjoying a luxurious stay in jeju while fanning their thick wallets.

" and the losers, they have to be under the Demands of the winning team for 3 days. slave you can say. " he said again, heating the competition up because he can now see the kids growing urge to strike the guns at each other without calling start. jongin was enjoying the pre-game murderous glares the two groups were giving off. It was the one he was waiting to witness.

the nerf guns were distributed and after getting all the guns loaded and all the gadgets ready, the elders gathered  up in front of them and looked at them like it was the last day they will ever see their children in one piece.

" the battle ground will be the forest. " jongdae said pointing at the said location.

" remember, this is all about fun." jongin grinned, it was freaking and terrifying for the young ones to see. They rather looked at chanyeol's twitching smile than the latter's gaze.  

"and don't ! kill each other for real. " kyungsoo reminded them, getting pulled close to jongin no matter how he glared to stop being too touchy in front of everyone.

" ON CUE. -"

All of them were gripping on their guns tightly, narrowing eyes and predatory grunts. " 1-2-5 GO !!!! " all of them went running spreading away and started firing without even reaching the battle ground yet. the adults were laughing and pushing each other seeing their children fight. the sight reminded them of their teenage days were they did the Same game and enjoyed every moment of it .

~

RED TEAM

Key was Doing his leadership briefing the moment they got into lower grounds. he instructed each one of them where they should position themselves with only jonghyun interrupting and Mir aiming his gun at key playfully. Myungsoo and Uee were whispering at the back.

" taemin is with minhae. he gave him their exact location. He managed to distract Siwan." Uee said, scrolling her phone and showing him the message. " how could you be sure he's not trapping us ? " Myungsoo talked back with lack of trust at the moment.

" because he won't lie to me. and he talked to me earlier. Mir and him wanted to help but well, Mir looked preoccupied at the moment. " Uee made him check on Mir who was getting physical abused by key for shooting him thrice with their own group color stain. The 5 of them skittles out when consecutive blue darts were bombarded at them. key cursing how the other team were advancing too quickly. jonghyun was running away abandoning the group thinking : why would
I stress myself into fighting when I can hide and wait for everyone to die?: he ran as fast a bullet while singing  noona nomuyepo. Mir was firing recklessly and even hitting Myungsoo's arm. " YAAAH !! " he shouted. key was seriously on his leader mode and shouting " ATTACK FOR PRADA's SAKE !!"

" no time . just go Myungsoo. " Uee pushed him away and suggested on calling the maknae. Myungsoo nodded and left the area dialing a certain innocent mushroom head.

~

kyungsoo was losing his voice from too much yelling.

" you've got to be kidding me ! no one is leaving ! " he stomped a foot in front of the 3 adults who were gearing up and opening a large box. his husband was playing deaf and focused his eyes on a particular NERF gun. kyungsoo eyes went saucers wide when he recognized the Nerf N-Strike Elite Hail-Fire Blaster. it was much bigger than the ones the children were using. It can hold 144 darts with accelerator tigger for semi- automatic blasting and the fact that the 3 trolls were holding them was a grave idea.

jongdae loaded the gun and practiced his aim ." owww we haven't done his for ages! Finally the derp squad is back on operation. " he said, walking ahead and waiting for the other two. Chanyeol was commenting that he was supposed to be the one saying that.

" hey, i'll be on the red team and you'l be on the Blue ! " chanyeol shouted at jongdae. he was jumping in excitement pulling jongin Away from his pleading lover.

" I'll be everywhere. " jongin sneered, turning his attention on kyungsoo who kept on telling him that it's a bad idea. " babe, we can't just wait here and let them have fun by themselves. Where's the fun for us? " he reasoned. kyungsoo cling around him luring him  to sit down with him and cuddle. " tempting. but no. " he gave him a quick  peck on the lips and scurried away from kyungsoo's disappointed grasp to join his brothers.

" hey, isn't joonmyeon coming ?"  jongdae scanned the area in search for the red curly haired senior citizen.

" he's the leader of the kill joy squad . I don't expect him to join. " chanyeol giggled as they walked towards the forest leaving the mourning kyungsoo behind.  

~

Minhae was gasping hard while hiding behind the big tree. she's been running like a duck when a numerous red darts trailed behind her. she believed it was Mir noting that hyena laughed from a far. she checked her jumpsuit and sighed in outmost relief seeing it clean and stainless. guns were never her choice of toys but playing it with the kim's family was a different matter. she looked around in search of Taemin. they were just together a second ago.  

She peered behind the tree and found the surroundings silent. She cocked her head in thinking where the heck is mir? when she noticed a shadow looming behind her she nearly screamed when she spun around and felt a hand over and,

" Myungsoo ?" she muffled under his cold palm. she gave him a piercing stare before slapping the hand away from . she back away realizing Myungsoo was her enemy in the game and somehow in real life.

The other one noticed her reaction and laughed at it." I'm not here to shoot you so save that scared face for later. " without a word, Myungsoo grabbed her NERF gun and threw it somewhere else.  

"wait-what are you-"

Minhae was flailing desperately when Myungsoo Carried her over his back in a quick manner and walked away with her seeing the world upside down.

"THIS IS KIDNAPPING ! " she wailed, punching Myungsoo's back giving it more force than she really wanted to. Myungsoo was just walking casually and didn't mind her screams. he'll thank mir later for clearing the area for him.

"yea your right." he chuckled, walking more faster and glancing around to see what he was looking for.

Minhae whined when she felt some acid making its way out from her."I'll puke in this position you know ! I'm not joking ! " she punched him again and proved how Myungsoo can get so stubborn. to her favor, he slowly dropped her on the ground in her own to feet when he felt the truth in her words.

"are you okey?"

minhae turned around and ignored the worrisome tone coming from the other. she might have been imagining it anyway. she fixed herself before  facing the other. She was entranced by the worry she saw in his eyes and again she might have been imagining things again.

"what is this Myungsoo ? What do you want from me ?! " she was tried of anything when it comes to him. her energy will drain just by seeing him. She was angry. she had never been this angry to anyone before even her mother who ditched her a grazillion times.

" I- I just wanted to talk. Give me 5 minutes or maybe 30. or-probably an hour or two and- "  

minhae couldn't believe her eyes. Myungsoo was stuttering in front of her, losing eye contact even. not to mention the nervousness in his voice that cracked at the edges. He was also fidgeting for some unknown reason that she doesn't want to know what.

" fine. " she agreed. Myungsoo looked straight into her eyes and she saw a raw of hope in them. " but this will be the last time will ever talk. " she bit her inner lip hard. she wanted to crash that hope into pieces like how he did to hers merciless. She was never a revengeful person. the word is even sickening to hear, but her heart was crying for it and now was the time to stop being selfish with herself. on her heel she turn around, her back facing him. She doesn't like seeing that look on his face. it's almost fooling to be considered that the other one was  hurt by her choice of words." the moment we get back, I'm going home. And we can forget about this slave-master thing and those silly wishes. I don't see any reasons for us to interact with each other." she carefully looked back and saw him attempting to come closer and,

"I don't think the physical proximity is necessary." she stepped back a few and created a big distance between them." this works for me. " she chided, too cold words for Myungsoo's heart to take in.

"go ahead. talk. " she commanded with a flat affect. Myungsoo brushed his hand around his nape and cleared his throat. " before that, I want to show you something and-" he held a hand to quickly counter her protest."
As you said, this is the last time. you won't be seeing me if your wish still stands after our talk. " he tried smiling to her but his words vehemently kicking his heart over. he might not be able to keep that promise even if she rejects him over and over.

As if convinced, she nodded and let the other lead the way to where he was planning on taking her. It's gonna be their last moment of being together anyway.

~

it's been an hour of walking in circles, minhae was tired following his pointless route that the idea of myungsoo playing with her again was overpowering her judgement. Myungsoo called for a rest time and stepped a bit away to answer his walkie talkie.

" Myungsoo !! your off my radar where the HELL ARE YOU?!! " key nag through the other black walkie talkie. myungsoo glanced at minhae who started walking ahead of him and shrieking in pain when she passed by the bushes.

" Myungsoo will you Hurry up?! If we won't make it in time will spend the night in the freezing woods and it's all gonna be your fault!! " she screamed.

Myngsoo smirked broadly over his walkie talkie.

"sorry key , but I prefer working alone. "  

" WHAT WAIT------------- " Myngsoo End the line and throw the device away, he snapped the tracker that was sticked like a glue in his collar and together with minhae's that he successful snatched. he doesn't need any help. he'll get through this day in his own terms.  

He joined minhae along, he attempted to walk closer to her but the other one was drifting away every time her radar of anti-closeness beeps. he let it slip for the time being and just continued walking along the cold path of breezing air and snowed bushes. after a good all 5 minutes they finally reached their destination.

minhae came into a stopped when a clearer view of a huge greenhouse greeted them. it looked majestic in its foggy glass walls and a row of plants and flowers of different kinds that she came to see from where she was standing. she controlled her expression when Myungsoo smiled seeing her bewitched by the place. he let her walked ahead, side stepping and telling her where the glass door is situated. Found it, she faced the glass door and wiped the blurry glass, she smiled by herself seeing all green inside. in a hurry, she twisted the knob and walked inside. her foggy breathing was blocking her amusement somehow. she looked around and caressed the white baby breath's on their pots. some were roses and Cyclamen. it was odd, there were flowers in there that wasn't suppose to be blooming in the middle of winter. she took a peek at the iced pond nearby while warming her palms together. she spent time on capturing the beautiful glasshouse in memory until she heard a clashing sliding door closed indicating that Myungsoo was inside.

she spared a moment and pinched the petals of the purple pancies. it was smooth and comforting at the same time and she loves the feeling. She remembers the meaning of the flower. It came from the french word pensie, meaning thought or remembrance, " what is it that you wanted to talk about ?" she asked not minding to look around to the other. she heard a careful footsteps behind and before she could even react, Myungsoo enveloped her into his arms. embracing her not too tightly and not too loose. she blinked her eyes as his cold slender hand guided her head against his warm chest. she could feel his warm breath hovering over her bare neck as he lowers his head more to rest his face close to the crook of her neck and pulled her more closer.

"minhae. ."

It was the first time she ever heard him sounding so,

helpless.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

--

hi guys ? ;( yeah. I'm sorry for not updating much . ahhhh I've been in a lot of life issues for the past weeks and I could concentrate. but now i'm back . ^^ I hope you guys somehow had fun meeting their uncles . hahaha next Chapter will be 80% myunghae. yeah yeah ~

thank u for reading ^^ hope you guys comment. :)

k.