Breakbone fever

The Kim's

 

 

 

It was silent .. Blank .. Total darkness , it was as if I was alone , in an empty space .  the atmosphere was a bit cold that made me shivered a bit , My entire body felt numbed , and , I couldn't opened my eyes easily , my eye lids felt heavy ..

 

" agh... " I tried to move my body a bit ..

 

" guys , she's waking up ! " I heard , a familiar voice .. Amber ??  some footsteps came closer right away ..

 

And a what seemed to be sobbing spoke " pangga ?? " she sounded very worried . It's my nanny ..
I opened my eyes slowly, and the first thing I saw is the white ceiling .. I glanced around and saw the all white room . Big enough for an entire family to sleep in . There was a long sofa and couches , a center table , a flat screen tv , a built in mini kitchen and a ref .  

 

I blinked 3 times to make my vision more clearer .

 

I closed my eyes again and reached for my head since it was aching a bit ,  I opened my eyes as I felt a tubing attached to my hand , and a stand stood next to my bed . Dextrose . I though .. Wait what ?

 

I looked at the eyes starring at me . Amber was looking a bit guilty  and iu was sighing , Minho was standing next to eun ah , taemin was leaning at my foot part with worried eyes and my nanny was wiping her tears .

 

I frowned " where am I ? "

 

Iu came closer with a relief look on her face " your in the hospital minhae . " she said calmly .

 

Although my eyes were a bit hurt , I still managed to widen it with surprised " hospital ?? " I looked at the rest and saw them nodding .

 

" you don't remember ? You fainted in the middle of the gym yesterday . " Minho looked at me straight into the eyes as if helping me remember the last time I was awake . " what ?! Yesterday ? " I exclaimed on my bed , I tired to sit but iu stopped me telling me to just lay down .

 

Amber looked at me with some guilt " yes , yesterday . You collapsed and just nearly gave us a nervous breakdown . " she shook her head erasing the terrible memory .

 

I've been unconscious since yesterday ?? I exhaled in awe .. What happened to me ?

 

" il call the physician . " eun ah said and gave me a warm smile before leaving the room .

 

Taemin gave me a poke to get my attention " noona , how are you feeling ?? Are you hurt ? " he asked , worry was evident in this tone of voice , he gave me a cute pout that made me smile . " I'm okey Tae . Don't worry . Hehehe " he gave me a nod and smile back looking glad hearing me giggled again .

 

I glanced at my nana who was crying " nana , don't cry . I'm fine .. " I gave her a reassuring tap . " it's all my fault ! I was irresponsible . " she cried blowing on her pink hanky .

 

Iu helped me sit on the bed " nana , dont be like that . " I calmed her. She looked at me with those teary eyes " are you hungry ? Do u Want something ? " she asked eagerly .  

 

I caressed my stomach , I heard a loud growl , amber and Minho laughed , probably heard it too . " she's obviously hungry . Hahhaa " amber said and went to the ref . Nana went to cook something for me ..

 

Minho sat on the chair close to me " Minho .. What happened ? Before I blackout ? " Minho looked over iu . I turned to iu as she cleared .

 

" we were waiting for you and -----

 

------------------------------------

 

YESTERDAY " GYM " no ones POV .

 

Minho and iu were both glaring at the drowsy amber .

 

Iu pinched ambers eyes , " YAHHH ! HOW COULD YOU TOOK HER TO A CLUB AND DRUNK HER ?! " iu was yelling at the other ..

 

" ahhhh !! " amber cried out in pain since iu even twisted her ears painfully , he shoved iu's hand and stood up " aisssshh !! What's so wrong about that ? Ehhhh !! " she looked away pissed .

 

" how could you be so irresponsible amber ?! you know she's been going through a lot . " Minho was folding his arms in front of amber looking like a disciplinarian ..

 

Amber placed her hand on her hip and glared at the two scolding her " YOU DON'T THINK I DONT KNOW  THAT ?!  That's the reason why I took her there ! So , she could loosen up a bit and release everything ! And see ? I just made her talk . Unlike some people who formed a secret cult with her ! " she hissed looking at Minho while saying her last words .

 

Minho frowned hearing her words " what ??! " he spoke in confusion .

 

Iu face palmed herself " amber , when girls have love issues , they talk it out in a solemn place or have a sleepover , watch a drama or share it while eating ice cream , NOT DRINKING TILL DAWN ! " she yelled lousy making amber grumbled in annoyance.

 

" yeah .. Those  kind of girls your talking about were born right after stone age okey ?? AGHH ! " she walked away from the two .

 

Iu raised her brow, irritated . " BWOOO ?! Yahhh !! " she followed amber with Minho who was talking about * proper thinking * ..

 

" what are you , my parents ?! Will you two shut up ! You guys , making my head Hurt more with all your yelling . " she sat and covered both her ears .

 

Minho stopped talking as he saw Minho with myungsoo . " minhae 's here . " he announced .

 

Amber grinned getting heated seeing minhae talking to myungsoo . " that jerk face  . " she stood up in between Minho and iu .

 

Iu started talking to Minho " I think we should keep minhae away for a while .  " minho nodded agreeing . " your right , she'l get hurt even more .. And Uee is also  ------

 

" theres something wrong with minhae . " amber said starring at Minhae who was looking weak .

 

" amber , you just noticed ?! She's broken- hearted because of myungsoo and -------- iu said while looking at amber as Minho was looking at amber in an odd way .

 

Amber rolled her eyes with the two person making her sound stupid  " no ! I mean , literally ! Something wrong with her ! " she said pointing at minhae .. The both starred  at myungsoo and minhae  with a " WHATT ? " expression .

 

Uee came and minhae backed away , and minhae suddenly ---

 

" !! " Minho cursed witnessing minhae collapsed , he immediately ran to the three with amber and iu was left dumbfounded for a sec but ran as soon as they finally figured what just happened .

 

" MINHAE ! what happened ?! " the three of them asked myungsoo and Uee , myungsoo caught minhae before her head hit the floor , myungsoo held MINhae's arm and wrapped it around his neck in a fast pace .  

 

Myungsoo immediate carried minhae " she's fainted . " the students were all around.

 

Minho cleared the way " let's take her to the clinic ! "  

 

--------------

 

CLINIC --

 

The nurse immediately attended the unconscious patient , she took her temperature .

 

Iu , Uee and Minho were all worrierd " how is she ? Why did she fainted ?? " all of them were asking together while amber kept pacing back and forth " she's having a fever . " she said and went to get some things .

 

" must be because of the training her body counldnt take it . " Uee said worried , myungsoo was silent and massaging his temples like he was having a hard time thinking ..

 

" minhae .. " iu said while holding her hand . The nurse came with a damp clothe . She took the temperature again and was shocked .

 

Myungsoo turned to the nurse " what's the matter ??" he asked with urgency .

 

" she's having a high fever . 40 degrees .  Her temperature is rising in a short period . This can't be good . We need to transport her to a hospital . " the nurse said  and called an ambulance.

 

" WHATT ?!! " all of them were shocked and looked at the unconscious girl .

 

" huh. She's sick . Thanks to the two of you . " amber said rudely to myungsoo and Uee . Uee was confused while myungsoo smirked and gave amber a challenging glare " what's that suppose to mean ??" myungsoo said .

 

Amber was about to stand closer to myungsoo when minho came in between " amber ... " he was giving her warning looks to stop before she said things she's not suppose to say .

 

" what ? You've been blaming me since last night . Why don't you just say it ?" myungsoo spoked in an irritated tone and was about to lose his temper .

 

Uee was also stopping myungsoo . Amber was about to really push Minho aside and come face to face with myungsoo , iu immediately placed a hand over ambers shoulder to stop her . Amber grinned and shoved iu's hand and went ouT , slamming the door hard .

 

------------------------------------

 

My jaw dropped hearing what happened " oh my god . " I face palmed myself making Minho and iu laughed .

 

" you nailed it alright . You got all of us worried . " iu gave me a warm hug . Amber came with an apple on Hand . " got that right . I was ready to punch myungsoo 's face , if it weren't for these two kill joys . " she said looking at Minho and iu with blaming eyes as she took a big bite .

 

The two glared at her , XD  

 

I looked down while playing with my blanket . " guys .. I'm sorry for causing trouble . Really really . And thank you , " I looked each of them with grateful look . " thank you for watching over me . " I gave them my usual sunny smile .

 

Minho and iu was obviously touched while amber was acting like throwing up with my words . " of course , " Minho said .

 

Taemin came with a plate full of fruits . " noona , nana is still making you soup , here ! I sliced some apples for you . " he took one and gave it to me . And even gave me a strawberry milk .

 

I ruffled his hair " Awww taeminie, thank you . " he looked at me dreamly while watching me sipping his strawberry milk .

 

I laughed at iu , she was drooling over taemin and looking at him like he was a very cuddly bear and shes suppressing herself from pinching the younger boy. XD

 

The door suddenly opened , and a boy came , he was wearing a black hoodie and a faded jeans , he's hair was slightly turned side and he's expression wasn't happy like the others ,.

 

I stopped eating and placed the apple back on the plate . " myungsoo .. " the rest looked at the new comer the moment I said his name .

 

Another one came with a basket of fruits , " ohh ! Minhae ! Your awake ! " Uee said smiling and approached me .

 

" pffft, wae ? Your wishing she'l stay unconscious for a longer time ? " amber said mocking Uee , eun ah just arrived but caught ambers words clearly , she grinned together with amber .

 

Uee was taken aback " aneyo .. Why would I ?? " she said and looked at me concerned  .

 

Amber rolled her eyes and withdraw herself form us feeling sick listening to Uee .

 

I starred at myungsoo , I can still recall his expression before I went blank .. Was he somehow worried ?

 

The door opened and my doctor came . He was carrying a chart with him , and a nurse followed behind him ..

 

He smiled while looking at me " I'm glad your fully awake , I'm dr. Ah, . " he said and shook hands with me . The people around back away a bit to give my doctor space , my nana came beside me .

 

Dr.ah noticed the crowded room ." ahh , you have many friend who loves you huh ? " he said and flipped my chart .

 

I felt comfortable with my doctor since he's also friendly . " so , minhae .. How are you feeling ?  Is the pain still there ? "

 

" ammmm , " I listened to my own body " my eyes hurts a bit , so does my head . " I said and watched him nodding .

 

" can you scale the pain from 10 - 1 ? " he asked, the nurse took my vital signs .

 

" ammmmm .. " I thought for awhile " 8 ? " my doctor almost dropped he Chart . " that's high . " he said , i saw amber mouthed "
Dummy head " to me .the nurse said something , the doctor nodded .

 

" and , you still have a fever . 38 deg cel . " he said and held my hand for awhile .

 

" doc. What's her diagnosis ? " my nana asked my holding my hand . Doctor ah opened the chart ,

 

" her lab results is already out , and it's not very good . All her signs and symptoms are pointing to one disease , a viral infection . " he said , all us eyes widen .

 

" viral ?? " myungsoo spoked .

 

The doctor nodded " tell me , minhae .. Where have you been for the past days ? Have you been bitten by a mosquito ? " he asked while inspecting my arms and legs .

 

" we were on training and our rooms where in the middle of a forest , and deh .. I was bitten early morning . " I said remembering .

 

" that's explains , okey , she's having dengue fever . also known as breakbone fever, is an infectious tropical disease caused by the dengue virus. Spread by mosquitos . Symptoms include fever, headache, muscle and joint pains, and a characteristic skin rash that is similar to measles , it's a virus , a bit hard to kill but , don't worry , just follow my orders and eat more . You'l be back in no time " he said .

 

I'm shocked . I have a viral infection ?!

 

" dengue ? I didn't know it's possible to have that here since its more common in tropical countries . " Minho said ..

 

Dr. Ah chuckled " it's rare , but possible . " he looked at nana " I gave her painkillers and some fluids to hydrate her . Il prescribe some meds , and .. Eat more minhae , you need a strong body and immune system , dont drink colds , ok ? " he said and closed his chart . he bid goodbye and left .

 

I was left in awe . Ive never been hospitalized before !!! And now I'm having a viral infection ?!

 

All of them told me to lay down and rest for awhile .

 

-------------------------------------

 

The rest were eating at the Mini living room while I was leaning on the pillow . Myungsoo stood up and sat on a chair infront of me .

 

I gulped as he stared at me weirdly . " what ??! " I said  .

 

He looked at me arrogantly " why were you drinking the night before ?? " he spoke in a autocratic manner Like a king or something ..

 

Look at him ! I'm sick and Mybe dying ! And he's still have the guts to talk to me Rudely !  doesnt he have any concern hormones at all ?! Agh .. Wait  .. I paused . How did  ??

 

I looked at him with questioning eyes " how did you know ?? " he chuckled in his seat .  " your telling me you forgot ?? " he said like he was getting irritated already .

 

" deh . " I nodded innocently .

 

"AGHH.. " he face palmed himself .

 

------------------------------------

 

A NIGHT AGO . * myungsoo 's POV *

 

I was busy driving when my phone suddenly rang , I took a quick glance and found out its ..

 

SLAVE GIRL calling ..

 

Huh .. Why is she suddenly calling ?

 

" myungsoo , your phone. It's ringing . " Uee said beside me noticing my vibrating noisy phone .

 

I grinned as I reach for my earpiece ," what ?" I answered while still focusing on the road .

 

Minhae : YOU ! You bastard !!  

 

My eyes widen and stepped on it to slowed the car down . Whatda ?! Did she just -----

 

Me : what did you say ?!

 

Uee got startled with my suddenly loud voice .

 

Minhae : YOU DEAF ?!  

 

I chuckled and almost throwing my phone Out of the window .!!

 

. Wait.. She's not  ..

 

Me : who the hell are you ?

 

Minhae : I'm the almighty strong amber ! You better come here @ runwild club  ! I'm gonna give you a fight of your life !

 

She's obviously drunk .. Wait don't tell me that reckless girl is also ..

 

Amber : THANKS TO YOU MINHAE IS ---------

 

I hang the phone because her voice is really irritating to my ears . " mind If we passby the club for a while ? " I asked Uee who's been curious .

 

----------

 

I drove to the particular club in a bit of high speed when a GIRL SUDDELY CROSSED THE STREET ..

 

WTF ?! I stepped on the brake immediately .

 

I got out and checked whether she's hurt or what , Uee got out and stood beside me ..  

 

The girl was side lying and her face was covered by her hair ,  

 

" YAHHH ! You ! MYUNGSOO !! " a guy - girl whatever , called and walked towards me . She was almost crawling approaching me .

 

" BWOYYYA ?? " I looked at drunk guy - girl person , weirdly . She was walking crazily in an Hawaiian  dance weirdo  .

 

Uee came closer " hey , it's amber ! " she said ..

 

" what ?? " I asked while looking at the -- amber , closely towards me .

 

She, amber . pointed her forefinger at me " YOUR THE VERY REASON WHY MY BFF IS DRUNK ! And Hurt and ------ she was pointing at the sleeping girl on the street infront of me .

 

My eyes widen " BWOOOO ? " Uee Kneeled down and inspect the girl " myungsoo .. It's minhae ! " she gasped .

 

I looked closely and grinned my teeth , what the hell is this girl thinking ?! Getting drunk and sleeping in the street ! Aisssshhh ...

 

I kneeled down and tapped her cheeks " Yahhh .. Can't you find a better place to sleep ?! Wake up !! " I shook her and found her not moving .

 

I helped her up , I held her by her waist , and surprisingly , she got lighter than the last time .  Uee helped amber up since she was already kissing the ground .

 

I returned my attention to " yah.. Barney wake up . " I said while shooking her , she slowly opened her eyes and looked at me , blinked for a couple of times , I noticed her eyes were moisten and fluffy , was she been crying ?  

 

 " myu-- myu-- myungsoo  ? " she said incoherently , I sighed in irritation while looking at her in a mess .

 

" lets get you home . " I said when she suddenly hugged me .

 

I stopped on my tracks when she leaned her head on My chest , her actions totally suprised me " ya -- Yahhh !! " I pulled her away but not letting her go , she was pouting , whats with her ?!  

 

" myungsoo -- you know what ?? " she asked almost not making sense . I pulled her near the door " let's get go . " she yanked me away looking irritated .  

 

" I'm -- I'm still talking !! your suppose to listen !! " she yelled and stomped her foot .

 

GOD . I hit my head on the car  once to stop myself from shouting . " okey , what do you want to tell me ? " controlling my temper so this night would be OVER .  

 

She was silent for a moment and shaking like she's about to fall , I caught her before she did , I held her a bit closer , almost hugging , she look up to face me ..

 

 Her eyes were gloomy , at the peak of crying " myungsoo .. I --- I ------- "she couldn't utter the words she wanted to say .. But I wanted for her to finish it herself .. " I ---- I -- really ----- li----- " she stopped for a moment .

 

" I really ?? I really what ? " I asked impatiently.  

 

She smiled a bit " I really li- like ------- opened like she was about to --- about. To ---------

 

P.L.E.A.S.E , DONT. TELL.  ME.

 

BEWWWAAWWWHHHHHH !!!

 

She vomit EVERYTHING IN FRONT OF ME .

 

I closed my eyes hard , deep breath , grinned and kicked the tire 3X " AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIDOAXHAOXHIAIWJDBZNAKLSIASODJSHIAXJISOADKJAIADJ !! " I shouted , Uee came and shocked looking at me with all the " DIRT"

 

WHAT IS THIS ?!  IT'S LIKE HALLOWEEN ALL OVER AGAIN !  I looked at the her with some dirt at the corner of her lips , Uee assisted the other as I cleaned myself  " , I stopped realizing the same moment happened months ago . I looked around and chuckled " this is the very same spot I first met her . "  I glanced up at the sky " ahhhhhhhhhh jinja!!! " , .

 

A car arrived as Minho and iu came to us , " hey myungsoo , ahem .. We'll take them home . " he said , iu grabbed amber and Minho carried the drunkard girl to the car ..

 

" wait ---------- I said making minho looked back .

 

" I'm really sorry ( bows ) well take it from here , I know you two have somewhere to go to . " he said and bowed again .

 

I was left smelling like . " ahhhhh !! Never should have helped her from
The very beginning ! " I went inside and slammed the door .

 

I heard Uee giggled , I glanced at her before starting the engine " Uee , will it be okey ? Lets just reschedule tonight . " I said , she nodded slowly .

 

I sighed in frustration and started the car .

 

-------------------------------------

 

I covered my mouth hearing the entire  story , i don't know whether to laugh , or hate Myself for ruining everything .

 

I chose the layer cause I'm pretty sure myungsoo will push me off the building if il start laughing  " mianhe .. Myungsoo -ah . " bowing my head . He sighed in disbelief and starred at me . " you should be . " in a blaming tone .

 

Yeah . I just ruined their date .  And I CANT BELIEVE  I ALMOST CONFESS ! Il never drink ever again !/p>

 

" why we're you drinking ? " he asked like a lawyer .

 

" we'll -- I was -- hey ! It's a personal reason so I can't tell ! " I hissed raising my voice a bit and caused a hit discomfort .

 

He stood up and squinted his eyes , " get some rest . " as soon as he finished , he left immediately .

 

Wow .. Came all the way here to shout at me , no wonder he was mad at me yesterday . :(

 

-------------------------------------

 

It was my fourth day in the hospital , I was already feeling bored , but thank god , my friends where always visiting ..

 

I got up feeling more heavy , idk , but as days go by , I'm feeling more sick ..

 

The door opened and ---

 

" SWEETIE PIE !! "the blonde boy came holding a plastic bag , he was smirking and throwing me kisses " how are you ?! Miss me ?? " he ran to give me a hug .

 

" OH PLSSS JONGHYUN ! GIVE HER A BREAK . She needs to rest . " key said and gave me a warm smile , he took some food out from his bag .

 

The door slammed open again , " minhae !! Let's watch a movie ! How bout chicken Little ? " ONEW came with his laptop .

 

" lame movie . " Mir said sitting on the sofa .

 

JONGHYUN grabbed something form his bag . " don't worry guys ! I brought something !! " he said , Mir and taemin came to check what .

 

" LETS WATCH SOME ! Yeh ?? " he asked me . XD

 

Key immediately throw a pillow at him " will somebody pls call the security ?? Someone needs to ROT in jail even JUST  for a day . " he glared at JONGHYUN . XD

 

I laughed at them , taemin turned to me and his expression was un usual ...  

 

" n- noona .. " he said faltered as he came more closer ..

 

" what is it Tae ?? :) " I paused for a moment when I felt something warm was dripping coming from my nose .

 

I touched it with my fingers , wiping , when I saw my hand , I shuddered in shocked .

 

My hand was stained with ..

 

BLOOD .

 

-------------------------------------

 

XD , OH MY ...

 

k.