It's Dinno Time

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmTam9H9HYA

 

I fumed as I played with my chopsticks. Minra and Sunny were having a funny conversation with my Uncle, but all I could hear was what Tao had said.

You let them her.

You let them her.

You let them her.

My head was literally bursting with pain. I had saved his sister. How dare he say such a thing! But...Tao wouldn't ever make up such a nasty lie...did LiLi actually get hurt? I shook my head at the horrid thought.

"Mi ho! Is something wrong?" Auntie looked worriedly at me. "Aniya, I was just thinking about a school assignment..." I quickly lied. I picked up my spoon and started drinking some soup. I looked at the table of food for the first time. Auntie really meant it when she said she had made a feast.

There was six sets of plates and bowls arraged perfectly for each person with plenty of food in the middle. I noticed that there was a lot of Chinese dishes today, which was very rare, since Auntie wasn't particularily fond of them. My mouth watered. I had not eaten anything today except half an orange for breakfast, an energy bar for lunch and the two hoddeoks Sunny gave me after school. And I haven't seen or eaten steamed pork buns in forever. Steamed. Pork. Buns. STEEAAMMED PORRRRRRRK BUUUUNNNSSSSS. I looked up from all the delicious food and saw Tao. Glaring at me.

Any appetite I had before dissapeared. Just why did we have to be sitting across from each other. Why. Auntie must have noticed our staring contest since neither of us were eating much. "Ah! Tao, I forgot to introduce you to my neice! Mi Ho meet Tao! Tao meet Mi Ho! Hahaha, Tao remember? She's the one with the same name as-"

Tao coughed loudy, turning a little red. Auntie chuckled.

"Well then...Tao-ah, did you say you were from QingDao? Mi Ho is from there too! Ah, maybe you've met each other before?"

Tao and I looked at each other. "Actually...we went to the same elementary school..." I said, before going back to my egg flower soup. 

"HOI! Are you serious? You two actually know each other! Waahhh childhood friends? Oh, what a relief, that's even better! Then you two will definitely be fine! Ahh turns out I didn't have to worry at all." Auntie happily ate some Peking duck as Tao and I looked at her confused. 

Auntie looked up. "Oh! Sunny didn't tell you?" She glanced at Sunny who quickly dumped her head right back into her bowl of fried rice. Auntie rolled her eyes. "Well I thought you two knew. At least you two were supposed to know." Sunny stuffed two baozis in , ignoring the frowns from her Mother. 

"Know about...what?" I ask. 

"Hmm? Oh, it's nothing especially since you two actually know each other. I wasn't expecting that." She took a long sip from her glass of water. "But you two will be sharing the same bedroom tonight." 

I spat out the hot egg soup all over Tao's face. "Mwoh?!?!?!?"

Auntie looked surprised. "Are you really so shocked? It's not like it would be awkward or anything, right? You two are childhood friends!" Auntie looked worried. I knew that I had been a tough person to take care of, with all my health issues and being uncommunicative most of the time. I wanted to protest about how she could do such a thing, but just looking at her made me feel bad...I remembered what Tao had said about my family not even caring to tell others the whole story of me leaving. Auntie was the only person who cared for me like a Mother.

"No...it's fine Auntie! Don't worry! Ahh, this soup is so hot...and good." I looked over at Tao, who was wiping soup off his face and shooting lasers at me.

"Oh sweetie, that's good." She looked relieved. "Tao-ah that's fine with you, right?" Tao stared around the table. Mr. Gyun, Mrs. Gyun, Sunny, whothewho, and you were just staring at him, as if it was completely going to be fine with him. "Uh dui- neh...ahjoomah," he nodded. 

Auntie clapped. "Well now that's all figured out, let's have some dessert!" Sunny, Minra and Uncle cheered. You joined them too but couldn't help feeling Tao's eyes burning into you. 

Tao and I didn't touch anything even though Auntie wailed about how she had to "fatten up" the two stick skinny trainees living in her house. I couldn't bring myself to eat anything. Because after dessert...after cleaning the dishes...after washing up...I would have to share a 99 by 190 cm bed with someone who called me a bastard, who had punched me, who had accused me for causing pain to my best friend. 

"Yah, you guys have to eat something, how about fruit! Fruit is very healthy!" Auntie exclaimed. I looked down at the random collection of fruit assortments with peaches, grapes and kiwis. "Tao-ah!  Which one do you want?" asked Auntie.

"Hey Tao! Do you want to buy Táo zi, Yīng táo, Pú tao, or Mí hóu táo?"

Tao looked into the fruit bowl. 

"Hmm...I'll go with Mí hóu táo."

He bit into the kiwi and his face puckered a little at the sour taste.

Auntie handed me a kiwi too. It was really soft and ripe, leaving a sweet taste in mouth. Without thinking, I gave the uneaten part to Tao and excused my self from the dinner table to take my medicine. 

 

 

 

(A/N: If you guysss have tumblr you should follow http://ipunchedtao.tumblr.com haha it's not me but the user is really funny. Oh you could follow me too...it's something like jonginsideofyou.tumblr.com...omg don't judge my url please)