Bright and Sunny

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrUPzLm5SI

 

Sunny's P.O.V.

"Aish, why is he not picking up his phone." I dialed Daddy's number again. "Pick it up, pick it up-" I muttered. I absolutely hate standing out here. It makes me look like such a creeper. 

Tao suddenly barged out the door I was standing next to.

Maybe Tao can help me! "Oh hey Tao kid! Do you-" 

A girl with short, black hair immediately ran out after him. Tao ignored me and the two started screaming their heads off in Chinese.

"Uh...ok have a nice day." I walked away from them, before I noticed that the door was still opened. I quickly slipped in before it closed. 

"Room 119, to your left, second to last on the right." The guard yawned at me.

"Uh huh, thanks." I guess there are benifits if Daddy works here. I'll never know the password, but the guard knows me. I sighed. Then again, if Daddy didn't work here, I wouldn't have to go through this

I walked down the hallway and stopped to stare at a TVXQ poster. The only group here that I listened to, acutally. I looked at some of the other posters. I knew all of them of course, but I hadn't really paid much attention to them...it's just...that day Miho came back home throwing up blood...I sort of couldn't bring myself to look at anything related to this place again. Oh Miho, why do you do this-

The door to room 119 opened, then slammed shut. My eyes went wide at seeing the person who walked out. It's that kid again. I quickly faced the wall. All the way up against Yunho. The sound of heels clicking on the floor slowed down and stopped behind me. OH LORD, WAE.

"So I'm guessing you're new here?"

LORD MY GOD, DELIVER ME FROM THIS. I whipped out my phone, pretending I was busy texting someone.

"Or...are you a saesang-"

I spun around. Um, no you do not insult me like that. I regretted it as soon as I faced her. She gleamed when she saw me.

"So we meet again, fattie," she cackled. 

I resisted the urge to slap her in the face. "Uh hai there, kid." I said, monotone. 

"Kid? Who are you to call me a kid?" She leaned down closer to me. Stupid high heels. "I'm your sunbae. You should be more respectful."

Oh please. "I'm pretty sure I'm older then you, so that won't be necessary." I tried to move past her. 

She blocked me. "No no, I thought you were trying out again! And I've been here years-"

"and years and years so that's why you expect everyone to bow down and worship you. I got it. But NO, I'm not 'trying out' nor have I ever done so." 

The kid stepped back. "Ahh, that's right. You're way too big to even make it past the visual. Well, I'm sorry, I guess I was thinking about some other obese stalker." She flipped her hair and walked away. I clenched my fists as she disapeared down the hallway. And to know that Miho had to room with some one like that-

"Don't let her get to you." 

I turned around to see the beautiful human being facing me. 

I blinked. Was I seeing an angel? "Oh I- I don't care what people say about me." I laughed nervously. "I'm fine." 

He smiled at me. "Don't worry, she's called me fat before too."

I stared dumbly at him, trying to process exactly what he said, when Miho came running out the room as well. "Where did Tao go?!" The boy turned around to face her.

"I'm not sure, I just went out to find him too..."

"Was LiLi- I mean Lily...was SHE with him?!?!" 

"Tao just ran out the building a few minutes ago." I spoke up. "Some kid girl was following him...and they were yelling really loud in Chinese." 

Miho moaned and started running down the hallway. The door to room 119 opened once again, and a crowd of more perfect looking people walked past, talking and laughing. I felt out of place, with all these skinny trainees around me. Once they were all gone, I started for the door to see Daddy, but I noticed that someone hadn't left. 

"Do you need anything?" He asked. 

"My Dadd- Father...I need a ride home or money for a taxi..."

"Your Dad is Manager Gyun?" 

I nodded. 

"I can drive you home if you want. You live with Tao, right?"

"H-how do you know?" I stammered.

"He said there was a girl he lived with who reminded him of me. I think he was referring to you." He smiled and started walking down the hallway as I stared at him dumbly. He stopped and turned around. "So, are you coming?" 

 

Miho's P.O.V.

Tao stopped yelling and I stopped knocking when LiLi finally said it. 

"I compose."

Half a minute passed by and no one made a sound untill my hand accidently knocked against the wall in shock. This time the door to Tao's room finally opened. LiLi smiled tiredly at me. Tao stood behind her, facing the wall and still in shock.  

"LiLi," I whispered. "Are you really...do you really...what did you just say?"

"I compose music," she said smiling. "That's how I got in so fast."

"Oh, congrats...but since when?"

"She always did." Tao murmered. 

LiLi turned around. "So did you." she said back. My mind slowly went back to all the weibo posts I had seen before. 

 

  “Dear elder brother, why is watching a movie more important than recording my song?” Jan, 2010  

  “My new rap song will be finished soon.” Feb, 2010  

  “My new songs will be released soon, composed and written by Huang ZiTao. I will produce more and work harder. If you like it, take it.” Mar, 2010  

  “If I can’t write a good song, I have only myself to blame.” Mar, 2010

  “My second song is finished, waiting for recording. It’s the criticism of the school. The next song will refer to corruption of the people.” May, 2010

(A/N: If you guys want to see any more translations of Tao's past weibo posts, you can see them here.)

 

"So you two both compose." LiLi nodded. I looked at Tao. "Then, why didn't you ever tell-"

"Because I don't want anyone to know."

"Why?" If you have such an ability, why not use it?? "Lay shared his past compositions with us...and I bet Mr. Kim would love to know-"

"It's not something I use to make people think better of me, to get extra points, to brag about." Tao said. "Composing is part of me. I don't want it to be changed and altered by anyone else. My music is my music, and it doesn't need to be reviewed and modified by hundreds of producers." He breathed out slowly. "Our Father made his own music too and when he found out both of us also could, he told us to never use our talents just to get money or fame..." he glared at LiLi, who glared back. 

"You're taking this way too seriously! Am I ruining our family name or something?" cried LiLi.

"Since when did you ever want to become a musician? Can you even sing? How long have you been dancing?" Tao yelled back. "Just because you randomly want to be in a group doesn't mean you can! There are so many trainees who worked so hard all these years, just to be cut down by someone like you!" 

The sound of more knocking came, this time from the front door. I sighed. "I guess I'll get it-"

"No. I'm getting it, and then I'm getting out of here." LiLi said, shoving past me. 

"Wait no! You can't!" I grabbed onto her arm. "You..you..." I was tired of all the yelling and leaving. I wanted them to figure everything out. "Why...why did you come to where we were? You could've go to any other company...you could stay in any other place in Seoul...why did you come to us?"

The doorbell rang. More knocking. 

LiLi stood there, not sure what to say. She gave me a penitent look before letting go of my hold and walking to the door. Her hand touched the door knob. 

"Wait! Really. Why did you leave and dissapear from us and then suddenly find Mihou and me one day." Tao finally asked. 

LiLi stopped. She stared at her hand. "Because..." 

"Oh, here's the key!" came a muffled yell from outside. 

"Because..."

"That took you while." said another person.

The door opened and Sunny and Xiumin walked in right as LiLi started pouring. "I missed you! Am I not allowed to miss my own brother? Baba and Mama don't want to see me, DaGe doesn't care about anything, and I thought you'd be the only other person that I could go to! That I could count on!" LiLi screamed into Sunny and Xiumin's faces. They stood there with stricken expressions. "I even had the option to go to the States! But no, I went to Korea and waited for you, looked for you...I even changed plans to get in the same company as you! But all you've ever done is blame and criticize me...I can't..." LiLi started crying over a stunned Sunny. 

"Um, I-I'm sorry, it's okay, I didn't do it, don't cry kid..." Sunny said, patting LiLi's back. 

"I didn't do it either," whispered Xiumin with a bewildered look. Oh my goodness, the Huangs are the most emotionally unstable family ever. 

I turned to Tao, but he had gone back to his room. What the... he came running out, holding a messy note book. "LiLi!" he exclaimed. He ran to LiLi and latched to her from Sunny. "Remember this? Yinyueke Jingzheng. I stole it from you..." he said, grinning.

LiLi's eyes went wide. "Nuh uh. Cheater...Sha gua...GIVE THAT BACK!" She chased him back into the room and they started fighting again...but laughing.  

 

"Wait.......................what?" Sunny said, baffled. LiLi had gone from a waterfall to chasing and screaming around a room happifully. 

"Do you guys have baozis?" Xiumin asked.

 

 

Xiumin ended up staying over and we ate a lot of steamed buns. Apparently, Tao had stolen lots of LiLi's compositions in high school, so he could get by music class easier. Which brought back tons of memories for them, and now they were sitting next to each other, laughing and joking like real siblings. Even though Tao still seemed upset over the way she got in, Tao said he would be willing to help out LiLi if she wanted. Even I felt like it everything was a family reunion. I guess in a way, it really was. I just hope another dramatic scene wouldn't happen again. 

It was also amusing to watch Sunny and Xiumin fight for food. "Oh...that's why he's called Baozi." I realized. With his face stuffed with baozis, he really looked like one. 

Tao laughed. "Yeah, Luhan is obssesed with calling him that." He looked over at Xiumin trying to take the last steamed bun away. "Dude...we have to diet..."

"Oh, dat's right." He pouted and gave it to Sunny, who happily chewed it away. 

"...and then Mom woke up, so Mihou ended up dumping the whole entire bucket on DaGe." Tao rolled on the floor, howling in laughter. I sat there confused, my mind completely blank. "And...and she thought DaGe did it, so he got punished instead of us," gasped LiLi, wiping a tear from her eye. A happy tear. "Which was cleaning off the dye from every. single. door. in. the. neighborhood." Tao cackled. 

Sunny yawned and Xiumin started getting up. "I think I'm gonna go home now. Congrats to you two for getting in! Aren't you starting your new schedule tomorrow?"

"CRAP! You're right! We have attendence at 4:30 before school even starts..." I looked at the future in horror. 

"Well good luck, ours is ending tomorrow!" Xiumin hooted and high fived Tao, before leaving.

"I think Ima go sleep..." yawned Sunny, trudging to her room. 

"You're not gonna eat more? Like dessert?" I asked, amazed.

Sunny shook her head. "Nah, I'm full."

"Wow, first time hearing that one." I muttered.

LiLi realized it was just Tao, her and me. "Ooh I should get home too so you lovers can be alone- I mean, so I can get ready for my first day," she laughed. I rolled my eyes and hugged her goodbye. 

The front door closed and I locked it. I went to the bathroom and got ready to go to sleep, then headed to Sunny's room. Which was being guarded by Tao.

"Hey, she's already asleep. You know you don't want to bother her." He grabbed my arm, leading me into his room. 

"Wait Tao, I actually want to get sleep-" I whined.

"What does that mean? I'm going to prevent you from getting sleep?" Tao smirked.

"Shuddup," I said, falling onto the bed and getting into my place against the wall. Tao went over and turned off the lights. He got on the bed and pulled me away from the cold wall, and held me against him. 

"Let goo, I need to sleep now-"

I shut upped as soon as he pressed his lips on mine. He let go and looked at me in the darkness. "Calm down Miho, I just wanted to say Good night."

Thank God it was pitch black so he couldn't see how red I was turning. "Well then hurry up and say it," I said. 

He leaned in again. With his lips traced over my lips, he whispered "Wan an, Mi ho." He finally let me go, but kept me from going back to the wall. 

"Weirdo, why do you always have to talk into my mouth." I said.

"Go to sleep or I'll recite my rap lines on you," he replied.

"That sounded really weird..." I yawned, as we dozed off in each others arms.