Namja Chingu

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJpGSLcqYoA

 

After 30 minutes of combined warm up practice, the guys went to the basement and we stayed up in the main dance room. Tao joined the 11 other trainees who had been training seperately for a while now. They were using the small dance rooms that was usually reserved for the debuted groups. Looks like Tao really was in in.

We were sitting down for a break. I felt a nudge on my arm. I looked up to see almost everyone surrounding me. Woah. When did that happen. "Mimi," said Sammie. "Your Uncle is the manager of a new boy group right?"

I looked up at 15 curious faces. "Huh? Uh yeah..." I say.

"Really? For SM...right?" HeiMin asks.

"Of course it's for SM. The new SM boy group. Consisting of 12 members. Called EXO or something-"

"WAITWAITWAIT!"

"WHAT?!?!?!"

"NO WAY!"

"I TOLD YOU SO!"

"I NEVER KNEW THIS!"

I jumped at their response. Didn't expect them to be that excited. And wow, I was pretty impressed with how much I had remembered too. Good job, memory.

"Idiots."

15 heads turned around.

Hye In rolled her eyes. "You guys don't know anything." She walked away. 12 girls immediately got up and followed her. I knew Hye In probably wasn't going to tell them anything they wanted to hear. She was just gonna order them around again. I sigh and looked down at Sammie and HeiMin who were the only ones left as usual. Hye In didn't have a effect on us three (unless of course you were the person that shared dorms with her, that was a different story.) Since Sammie and I were considered at Hye In's level and HeiMin was just stubborn. 

Some of the guys started to enter in the main dance room. This is usually the place you go to during breaks. The EXO trainees entered in too, grabbing water bottles. Whispering started, but not that much because we had to act mature and controlled and all that. Some of the male trainees looked kinda pissed at the EXO trainees. Some of them didn't care. I saw Tao approaching me from the corner of my eye. Why are you walking towards me.....get away......

"Mihou. Do you know when lunch time is?" Tao asked timidly in Mandarin.

I stare up at him. "Don't speak Chinese here. You're supposed to be conversing only in Korean remember? And why don't you ask the Chinese members around you? There should be three others." I reply.

"I knowww," whispered Tao. "But they're really scary..." he said. 

I looked over at the EXO trainees and giggled. Tao was scared of them? Which ones were the chinese members again...I scanned the clusters of sweaty guys. 

"Hey Tao! Over here!" We heard a deep voice cry out. Tao got up. "That one is the scariest." He whispered. He actually geniunely looked scared. "Comewithmecomewithmecomewithme-"

"Okayokay, fine." I said, getting up. He was still such a scardey cat. We walked over to the guy that had called Tao over. He did look kind of intimidating, but attractive at the same time. Couldn't remember his name(s); I think he had like five? I sat down next to Lay who was sitting next to a lion playing with a rubiks cube. Another guy drinking bubble tea was leaning on his shoulder. The scary guy stood up and immediately put an arm around Tao and started saying stuff in Chinese. Tao was laughing already. The heck, Tao didn't need me to come over at all. Lay and I were into a dull conversastion about how to add dime stop and liquid steps to some hip hop routine. I was asking him how to incorporate it into a funkstyle routine, but then it got kinda boring. Sorry Lay, I think I'll be sticking to popping now...Lay is the nicest person ever, but always so serious...I'm pretty sure he's going to be the leader of this EXO.

"Isn't Manager Gyun your Dad?" I turned around to see the lion ask me something. Woo he was a really pretty lion. I've never actually looked at the faces of all these trainees here. 

"Ani, he's my Uncle." I replied. 

"Tao is staying over there, right?" 

I nodded. "Tao, where did you say you were from?" Asked the scary guy. Wuuuu he really was attractive. And super tall. So tall.

"QingDao." Tao replied.

"Same as Victoria and Miho," said Lay. 

"Yeah, actually Miho and I were friends..." Tao thought for a while. "Chingu!" He said. "Miho and I were chingu." He said in proud Korean. Some of the other trainees looked up.

"Really?" Asked another trainee.

Oooh I know him...he and Chen were the newest trainees besides Tao...he likes messing with the lights in the dance room all the time...

"Chingu? Namja chingu?" he asked again. 

Tao nodded. "Neh," he replied innocently.

My eyes bulged. What? "Aniyaaaaaaaaa!" I yelp, a little too loud. Kai and D.O. gave me O_O looks. "You say that a lot..." said Kai looking at me strangely. 

Everyone was Ooooing. Tao looked around confused. 

"What did I do?" asked Tao. "You asked me if I was a friend! Then you asked me if I was a boy! Of course I am her boy...friend..." Tao's eyes bulged too. 

 

Tao spent the rest of break time arguing with the disbelieving EXO members that we were only friends - except the only Korean vocabulary he knew that could help him with that was 'Chingu' and 'Ani.' Lay, the tall-scary-hot guy and the pretty-lion man was purposely not helping Tao either. I was going to crawl back to Sammie and HeiMin, but they had actually come over to where I was. And they weren't letting me off either. 

"Hey, didn't you go home last night with Tao?" Perked up HeiMin. EXO ooohed again. "What did you guys do, sleep in the same bed?" The trainees laughed. "As if that would happen." I retorted, before realizing that that it actually did happen.