Panda choreo

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yvic9sAg64

 

"You two need to incorporate wushu moves into a dance," Greg reminded us. "Rather than dance moves added to a wushu workout. Because we're trying to keep this as a dance competition."

Tao and I nodded. "Also remember that we are using our actions and movements to portray a certain relationship or bonding of two human beings." He added, before walking away to talk to the other groups.

I turn around to face Tao.

"I'll come up with most of the choreo since I've done this before. You can just tell me anything you want to add." I say to him. He nods.

After two hours of, Tao went to get a water break. I went to change into a new shirt, which this time I made sure I had brought. In fact now I was the person who carried loads of shirts like crazy.

I looked over and saw Tao at the water fountain, except that he was rubbing his knee and stretching his back. Was he fine? At least his head doesn't hurt anymore... Tao saw me and gave me a thumbs up.

"You can head back, I need to uh...drink- stretch more."

I smile and enter the dance room again, sitting down to observe how far the other groups were going.

After a while, I noticed that the way everyone danced together actually showed, in a way, their 'relationship' with each other.

Kai and Hye In were leaping in the air together beautifully.....while D.O sort of bounced around awkwardly.

Chanyeol and Baekhyun kept goofing off and making their break moves almost identical, whereas Heimin planned and did her moves seriously. It kinda looked liked Heimin and her baekyeol backup dancers....more of spinners since all Chanyeol and Baek kept doing were head spins. At least attempting to do head spins. O_O

You could tell that Suho and the two trainees barely knew each other since they had intense footwork going on but almost no contact with each other. 

Greg and Rino's groups weren't even in here. They were probably in the smaller dance rooms, reaching perfection.

I looked over to Chen and Adele, who were actually pretty good at hip hop.

Kris on the other hand....

 

It looked like he was trying to use the most minimal movement possible.

"Niiice swag there Chen. But. Um. Kris. You do know that you kinda have to move a bit when you dance..." said Rino, who had just entered to switch 'criticizing' and 'dancing' turns with Greg. 

Chen nodded to Kris and elbowed him. "You need to moobet," he said in English. Kris rolled his eyes.  

I jumped out the way as Sehun almost hit my face with his flinging legs. I ran into Tao who had just entered the room. "Um Tao, I think we need to- oof!" This time Luhan's arm hit me.

"Dui bu qi!" Cried Luhan, before they went back to skipping.

"We really to move to the smaller dance room." I said, pushing Tao away from Sehun and Luhan's "contemporary jazz" jig. I felt terrible for the other trainee working with them. How in the world were they going to pull off jazzing? Tao agreed with me and we quickly left.

We passed by Greg's dance room, where Lay, Xiumin and him were already working on getting things in sync. Rino's group was taking a break since Rino was busy yelling at the other groups and/or Kris to start moving. SHINee sunbaes were in the next room, so Tao and I entered the empty, fourth one. 

 

So.

What was our choreo looking like?

It looked a lot like two people who had searched far and wide. For so long. For each other.

 

Sammie and Heimin definitly would approve of that definition of our dance. And it wasn't an incorrect definition. 

Two people.

An assasin and a murderer.

Who have finally found each other. Together, trying to bring on the death of each other through twists and turns in the air. 

 

Yeah, great way to describe our 'relationship.'

 

"Shouldn't we change the song?" My thoughts were interrupted by Tao.

"Waeyo?" I asked back. I had picked the song. It was intense and perfect for killing and death-

"Because it's loud-scary-mean-" he paused and went through his Korean vocabulary. "I just don't like it." He finally said in Chinese. I roll my eyes. 

What did he want? Orchestral ballads to dance and flip along to? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD7pNY5SsRs <-- LOLOL Tao's first teaser...with beautiful background music...

"You know what, I'm pretty sure Greg is doing this to benefit you guys. So why don't you pick the music and plan the choreo," I say back, closing my eyes. I was feeling so tired.

"Alright. Sure." 

I opened my eyes. Oh. He thought was I being serious. Ok. Well, that works. I'll go with that. It's easier for me...

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The next day, Tao was waiting for me at my bus stop after school. Tao ran to me excitedly as I hopped off.

"Wei! You! Miho! Dance room! Now!" He yelled. People gave us strange looks. 

"What? Wait, why now? I need to change into-" 

"No! Now! I have the whole dance choreo thingy graphy done!" 

"R-really? Already?" I say, shocked.

Tao nodded and pulled me all the way into our dance room. He ran to the CD player. "I'll show you my part first then I'll teach you yours!" He said. I nod and sit at the front of the dance room, curious to see what Tao had done so far.

Tao leaned down and pressed play.