Finding Miho

Gumiho Flashback

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SnLPlablLM

 

Tomorrow was the day of the dance competition.

That was all I could think about all day. I was sitting in my very last class, English, barely able to stay still.

We were watching the second half of Finding Nemo. Surprisingly, I could understand most of it and I answered the question sheet that went with it, easily. I looked up to see Dory talking to Marlin.

   

 "No. No, you can't... STOP! Please don't go away. Please? No one's ever stuck with me for so long before. And if you leave... if you leave... I just, I remember things better with you. I do, look. P. Sherman, forty-two... forty-two... I remember it, I do. It's there, I know it is, because when I look at you, I can feel it. And-and I look at you, and I... and I'm home. Please... I don't want that to go away. I don't want to forget..."

 

Sunny had pointed out to me yesterday that I was exactly like Dory because we both had terrible memories. Except Dory needed Marlin...just looking at him brought back her memory. Was I like that too?

I felt poking behind me. “They should make another movie called Finding Miho,” Sunny whispered. I rolled my eyes.

“I thought you said I was Dory, not Nemo.”

“It’s not the same?”

“Not really…”

“Oh…does clown fish taste good?”

 

~~~

 

Greg stood at the front of the room, waiting for our attention.

“As we all should know, tomorrow is the day of our dance competition. Remember, this is supposed to be just a small project for fun to help our choreography skills,” said Greg. “But what’s a competition without a prize?”

He waited for us to show some excitement, but we continued to stare blankly at him.

Not sure if anyone wanted to win this if it included a “prize” from Greg.

“Oh come on, I asked Rino about this.” He held out three coupons. “Three free meals to 대박집(Daebakjip)!” Some nods of approval came from the trainees and EXO. Xiumin suddenly looked super pumped.

“Wait, what if someone’s a group of two….or if….someone’s with…you…” asked Lay.

Greg rolled his eyes. “Don’t worry, I wasn’t planning on babysitting you and Xiumin if you guys had won. I don’t need to see Xiumin eating himself anyways.” Luhan, Lay and Tao laughed. “You can just bring along anyone you want from the 2nd place group, if you’re a group of two…or you’re with me…” said Greg. "Alright then, let's go right into practicing since it's the last day to do so!"

Everyone went to their separate groups.

 

“I actually really want to win this now that food is involved. Esp. if it’s at Daebakjip,” laughed Tao.

“Daebak...jip? I’ve never been there..”

“Really?! How? It’s soo amazing, I’ve been there a lot with EXO-M,” Tao said, looking at me like he pitied me.

“Oh...and what did Greg mean by Xiumin eating himself?”

Tao laughed. “If we really do win, Xiumin and Lay are bound to be the 2nd group, so let’s bring Xiumin along and you’ll find out.”

“Ok, then we really should get started…is your back feeling fine?”

“Yes yes yes I feel great.” he said quickly. “Let’s run through this as much as we can today!” He smiled and pressed the play button.

 

Listen, to the music.

 

We danced to I’m in Love the whole day, not preventing it from replaying over and over. Finally at midnight, we stopped moving when Lay himself had to press STOP and drag Tao out to get a taxi to go home.

“What are you two doing? Dancing like this so long? This is only for fun you know,” panted Lay as he pulled Tao outside.

I laid on the floor of the dark dance room before going upstairs, the sound of my deep breathing filling the empty room.

We have to win this. We worked so hard. I don’t like eating out but if it makes Tao that happy, I hope we win this. He needs a break from all the non-stop training…and I hope Tao’s back actually, really is fine.

I forced myself up before I ended up sleeping on a dance floor for the whole night.

“I accomplished a lot today...” I said to myself, before I saw the big pile of Math homework on top of my desk. I groaned silently, not wanting to wake up Hye In. I tip toed over to the pile of torture.

That's when I realized that it was already completed.

That’s weird…I clearly remember only doing the first 20 questions…maybe my memory has forgotten that I actually did it all? But I didn’t even know how to do #21-30 since it was something new the teacher hadn’t taught well...

I looked at Hye In. It couldn’t be her, she didn’t even finish the tenth grade. And why would she do my homework for me anyways?

I squinted at the paper. All the answers were written very neatly and almost no work was done. This person must be a genius…very nice of him or her, but now when the teacher asks me to do them in front of the class tomorrow, I’ll have to blame it on my memory again…guess I’ll just study the answers tomorrow…

I yawned and decided that I’d find out who did this later, and I packed up all my things in my school bag.

I fell into my bed and went to sleep almost at once.