Inse-cured

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_XfXnFAUbA ;)

 

"Yes, finally she's asleep," whispered Tao as he put down the guitar. I carefully tucked Hazel in. 

"Aishh, she fell asleep too late. We can't do anything together." Tao slowly put his arm around my waist. "Guess, I'll see you tomorrow-"

"Wait, Tao." I pushed him back for a second, to his disappointment. How was I going to ask him... "What...what do you think of Suho?"

"Huh? Why are we talking about Suho?" he asked, puzzled.

"Is he like always nice to...." I closed my eyes. I really need to tell him to find out. "Look, Tao, don't tell anyone, but apparently...Suho and Hazel are being...arranged together."

"What? You mean like for We Got Married?" he exclaimed.

"No! Like getting married...but in real life."

"WHAT?!" 

"Shhhhhh!" I covered his mouth and looked over at Hazel, who stirred in her sleep. 

"Okay look, you saw how stressed out she got, didn't you? Well, I know it's because of that conference tomorrow as well as this thing with Suho...cuz apparently Suho hates her!"

"Suho? Hating someone? No way...." Tao said in disbelief. "Suho is so nice! How can he hate someone? I mean a lot of people hated Hazel, you've got to admit, but Suho. No way." He shook his head. "Actually...I should say a lot of girls hated Hazel, but there's always been, and still are, guys that would die for her. Anyways, Suho can't hate her; maybe he was just kinda shocked."

I stared at him.

"What?" he asked confused. "Hey! Not me! Not me! I wasn't talking about me-"

"I know, I know! Okay!" I giggled. "But then, what could cause a guy not to like Hazel?"

He thought for a while. "Hmmm... do you remember those hot-horrible modeling pictures that Hazel always ordered to be hung around the building?" 

I nodded and shivered at the memories.

"Yeah, what about them?" 

"Well I obviously wasn't looking at them-" 

I rolled my eyes. Sureeee.

"But I was busy observing other people- anyways Suho was like the only guy who didn't stand there and gawk. Literally, only him. He was never...Affected? Dazed?? Overcome??? I don't know, maybe it's just cuz they were also childhood friends and Suho felt uncomfortable seeing her like that." Tao shrugged. "Then again, whenever Suho described his ideal type, it always sounded like Hazel."

"That's because he always makes it so vague and romanticy! Yo, what was up with your descriptions? ...Nice bodies and attractiveness and...nice bodies?" I made a face. 

"Mihooouuuu," Tao tugged my arm. "That was years agoooouu. Stooopppp. I was just trying to find a way to physically describe you." 

"Sure Tao, sure. Hey, I need to sleep early too because I have to accompany Hazel tomorrow. But remember, we need to somehow come up with a way to get Suho to see that his childhood friend has changed. I mean you saw how she cried on the show? And how nice she was to us today? She's not a bully anymore...Hazel really, really has changed."

Tao nodded. "To be honest, I thought you were just saying that at first. But there is something different about her." Tao looked over at Hazel and then back at me. "Don't worry about it Mihou. I think I have an idea."

 

 

Even someone like Hazel can have insecurities, I thought to myself as I watched the "Ice Princess" besides me melt herself down in the car. 

"Hazel, it's fine," I said patting her on the shoulder. "You've done solo conferences before in China and now you even have me for help." 

Hazel continued her restless wringing with her hands.

I sighed and placed my hand on hers. "Hazel, everything will be okay. Oh but, by the way...you never told me what the conference is about. Who are we meeting up with?" 

Hazel looked up at me with dread in her eyes.

 

"So we meet again. Mihou."

I looked in shock at FeeFee. "It-it's you? Yah! Why did you-" Hazel nudged me. I slid down in my chair. 

FeeFee tilted her face. "Yes? What about me?" she asked innocently. "Ahhh, are you asking about the article? My, that seemed liked forever ago." She smiled. "But we can always talk about that later." She stopped her infamous smiling. "Today, I have something more important to waste my time on." Her eyes focused on Hazel. "You."

I turned to Hazel in confusement. "Did you sign something with her? Did she support some shoot that you did before? What's happening?" I asked. Hazel just sat there in silence. This is so unlike her.

"First, I don't want our precious Hye In to be confused about anything we say, so let's switch to a more comfortable language," said FeeFee in flawless Korean.

I looked in shock at the person sitting in front of us. Did she say Hye In? 

"Mihou, are we okay?" asked FeeFee.

 

     "But, we are okay, right? Rino won't kill us for changing the steps?" she asked shly.

     I smiled. "Of course! Rino calls it improvising! She's totally fine with it. By the way, you're new here right? What's your name?"

     The girl's smile dropped. "I'm not that new..."

 

"Wait...FELIA??" I screamed.

FeeFee winced and covered her ears. "That took you a while," she said, irked. "Well, it always took you so long to get ahold of things. Please tell me your not a vocalist for your group? Or does Mr. Kim autotune and lipsync everything for you too?"

"I'm the main rapper..." 

Felia rolled her eyes. "Great for you. Anyways, let me get to the point. I-"

"What do you want?" said Hazel, suddenly. "What is it that you want?"

FeeFee smiled. "And the devil speaks. I was wondering why you were being so quiet." FeeFee nonchalantedly flipped through magazine pages as she spoke with us.

"Truthfully? I want revenge. There's nothing else that you can offer me anymore. I don't need money or fame or beauty, because I already have it all. I can easily get more of it myself whenever I want too. Hopefully that's not too much of a burden to you."

"What kind of revenge is creating anti-cafes and posting photoshopped photos of me? It sounds pitiful," said Hazel. 

"Oh, none of that was from me. Please, I can pick out anyone from the streets and let them do the dirty work for me. There are so many people willing, are you aware? It seems to me that you are the real burden to your group," she spat.

"HOLD IT." I sat up in my seat and glared at Felia. "I don't know what kind of grudge you two are holding, but it seems pretty immature and childish to me. How many more anti comments do we have to sit through before you are done with your revenge?" I asked.

FeeFee smiled at me. "Oh Mihou, please. Don't think I'm not going hard on you or the rest of the group." She sat back in her chair. "By the time you go home, there will be plenty of breaking news of this." FeeFee clicked a remote control and a picture appeared on a  screen in front of us. It was slighty blurry, but you could clearly make out Tao sitting on a table and playing guitar to Hazel, who was laying in bed. 

"What the...hey, weren't all blinds closed? There was only a slight crack...did the person who take that photo climb up 100 stories????? Or maybe zoomed in 100000x??????"

FeeFee smiled. "Fans will do anything these days. Anything. The boy that took that photo with his phone climbed up 100 windows. He also sold the photo to me, because I bid the highest for it." 

"FeeFee, don't involve the other members in this," said Hazel, steadily. "You can bother me as much as you want, but none of the other members deserve this." Hazel looked over at me. "And don't worry Miho, this one is easy to clear up. I can explain that you were in the room too and that you two were cheering me up. Besides, I even tweeted about you two being in our room."

FeeFee raised her eyebrows. "Oooooh looks like our precious Hye In has changed? Hmmm not buying it. And don't worry, there will be more flying rumors of you and Seo Young Ho soon." She smiled. "Seo Sammie will looove it. I'm also adding all the evidence I have about how much of a player that Young Ho guy was. Then people can compare him to you."

"Yah! FeeFee! Control yourself! Don't you think this is a little too much? You're invading the privacy of that guy! And how do you think Sammie will feel once people find out that he is her brother?" cried out Hazel.

FeeFee flipped her hair and more magazine covers.

"FeeFee. Sammie was the person who gave you that name and who welcomed you and made you laugh. If you ever had a good time, it was with Sammie and Heimin. Are you really willing to do all this to Sammie?"

FeeFee continued to say nothing.

"Also, Huang ZiTao and Gu Mihou are engaged. Reveal that to the public if you have to. Does it really make you feel better when you try to split up a couple? Is this really the revenge you want?"

Hazel let out a breath. "Look, FeeFee. I'm sorry. Training to be in the group I am in right now took over a decade of my life. In those dark years, I never had a best friend who could listen to me, a father or a mother who could comfort me and the only older sibling I had hung herself because the love of her life abandoned her. There wasn't a single person I faced during those long years that I could even trust. All those guys I "played" with? I was pissed off at their dismissiveness and ignorance and rudeness. All I did was try to smack reality and shame onto their faces, because they deserved it. YoungHo? Do you remember the female trainee who was forced to drop out of SM because she was pregnant? She was YoungHo's third girlfriend. She had to throw away four years of hard work because of that one person. Plus, she didn't have YoungHo by her side either when she most needed it. Since he had dumped her as soon as he found out. Oh, and what did he do after all that?" Hazel's eyes burned.

"He tried to hit on me. And when I turned him down, his next target was you, FeeFee. I couldn't have that happen to you. No one deserved to be played around or treated the way he treated people. So, I decided to break and twist his heart. I know I should've talked to Sammie about it or reported YoungHo, but still, to this day, even though it's caused such a mess for me, I don't regret it. The boy learned a lesson he should've learned long ago."

Hazel's speech was stopped by a loud crash behind us. We turned around to find two shocked news reporters, who had just dropped part of a camera-set equipment piece.

"You've been filming us the whole time?" I gasped.

"Sorry-" both of the two men started at the same time. Except one had said it in Chinese and the other in Korean.

"With a Chinese and a Korean reporter," noted Hazel.

"She wanted live coverage of everything," said the Korean reporter sheepishly. "She said it was something about embarassing you two in front of your faces, but," the man stood up taller. "To me, it seems that Miss. FeeFee has fallen in her own trap." 

"Live coverage?" exclaimed Hazel and I at the same time. 

FeeFee stood up, enraged, and barked orders in Chorean to leave. She bargained for a price until the two finally agreed to delete everything. The two men fled.

"FeeFee, calm down," said Hazel.

"Don't talk to me!" shouted FeeFee, throwing a pile of magazines to the ground.

"FeeFee." Hazel stood up and handed a card to FeeFee. "Join us for the live weibo interview Mihou and I are having, will you? It is in two days. The public will love to hear how you used to be in our group. You know they always go cray when then find out that so-and-so was supposed to be in this or that group, don't you?" Hazel took a deep breath.

"They'll also be elated to meet EXO's and our group's new personal designer."

FeeFee looked in shock at Hazel. 

"Besides, unniiiii. You can't hide that unique singing voice of yours forever. The world has got to hear it."

FeeFee looked at Hazel's pleading face and down at the card. After a long moment, she started slowly nodding. "Fine. I will go," she said quietly.

"Really?!" bursted out Hazel. 

FeeFee smiled, a real smile this time. "Yes. And I'll make sure to clear up everything about your past!"

"Wahh will you really?" cried Hazel. "Oh and don't worry at all about today! No one will find out."

FeeFee and Hazel were pratically jumping around. Suddenly, FeeFee took notice of me again. "Omo! And Mihou! I have more pictures of you and Tao singing and playing the guitar to Hazel. It was so cute! I'll send them out right now!" FeeFee hopped around in anxiety and started texting like mad. 

"Mihou?" Hazel whispered to me, as FeeFee worked away on her phone.

"Hmm?" 

"Can you pinch me?"

"...Wae?"

"So I can know for sure if this is real life or not."

I grinned. 

"OWWWWWUUUUUUU!" shrieked Hazel.

"Ooops..." I whispered.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__e7esI2m_c Tao looks so good in this live performance omg;; as well as kai and lay and d.o and suho and xiumin and kris and baekhyun and uh all of them....aND OMG. THE DRAMA. CAME OUT. TOBECONTINUED. LOL. PLS.