We meet again

Gumiho Flashback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shPcgfkpMGs

 

Mi Ho's P.O.V.

When I woke up, Auntie was wiping the sweat off my forehead with a towel. She looked relieved when she saw my eyes open. "YOU SCARED ME SO MUCH I THOUGHT YOU DIDNT FAINT ANYMORE WHATS WRONG TELL ME EVERYTHING!" She closed her eyes and took a big breath to calm herself.

"So...why exactly did you come here today, honey?"

"I-I...I'm here for...medicine," I whisper.

"Medicine? Omana! Did I really forget to give you more last time? Ahh I'm a terrible Auntie!! Wait.....you came all the way here for that? AHHHHH ARE YOU MISSING PRACTICE RIGHT NOW THEY ARE GOING TO MAKE YOU MAKE UP DANCING AND THEN YOU WONT GET ENOUGH SLEEP AND-"

"AND my manager says I can stay home! Because he's kinda worried." I prop myself into a sitting position on the bed. 

"Ahh how kind of him! Mmm, here drink some water," she handed me a cup. Her face suddenly brightened while I was drinking. 

"OY. This means we can all have dinner together! Oooooohh let me cook a feast then! I WILL MAKE YOU EAT SO MUCH." Then she turned her head and yelled out in QingDao dialect Chinese which I havn't heard in ages, "Tao-ahhhhh! Please come and watch over Mi hou as I make dinner!" 

 

I choked on my water and started coughing nonstop. I felt Auntie whacking my back.

"Ahoouww, I'm finee stop it, ow, OW!" I looked up. It wasn't Auntie.

 

Tao looked away. "Sorry." He muttered. I continued to cough. This time I felt much lighter patting. I drank some more water and the coughing ceased. There was a long moment of awkward silence. I almost whished I was still coughing like crazy. I slowly looked up again and realized he had no where to sit since the room was tiny with just a twin sized bed and a desk. Sunny must've taken the chair away to use for her project. I scooched slowlyy to the side of the bed. He just kept standing there, completely expressionless.

"Um...you can sit there...if you want..." This is so awkward.

He slowlyy sat down at the other end. For a few minutes I kept sneezing, light coughing, sniffling, or blowing my nose to sort of fill up the silence. He didn't make any movement at all. I studied his side profile for a while as I was having my fake sneeze attacks.

He had lost weight...his facial structure were more defined...was he wearing eyeliner?!? Tao turned his head and our eyes met. 

"Why are you here." I heard myself asking. Did I just say that..I bet that sounded weird. Shouldn't I be like super excited to see him...my voice soo sounded weird. I should be like hugging him in joy and asking how my siblings are and how his siblings are and-

"You're alive." He whispered.

"Huh???" What did he say?

"Your Father told all of us you went to Korea, but that was all he said. So then people assumed that you had died...that's what I had thought too..." he stared at me.

I looked at him confused. Then I suddenly realized everything. Everything that has been going on around me for over two years. So that's why I never went back to China. That's why the last call from my parents was over one and a half years ago. They wanted to get rid of me...I felt tears forming in my eyes. I glanced up at Tao. He remained emotionless, staring at me. 

"Oh, um that. Well, I kinda told him to like not tell you guys because I didn't want you guys to worry or anything....but yeah...I'm alive-"

"JingFei, LiLing, JiaYing, MeiXian, WangJing."  

What the hell was he saying...

"DeMing, RenXu, ZiHao, MaJun-"

"TAO!"

Tao looked up at me and stared. Those eyes...

"Why are you...who are those people..." I stammered.

Tao's eyebrows furrowed. "You don't recognize those names? Our childhood friends? Our classmates, the people on our martial arts team?"

I sat there in shock. "My memory..."

"You don't care about anything do you? How much were we to you if you couldn't even remember our names?" Tao's eyes was burning with rage. I honestly had no memory of any name he had just said....

"LiLan."

I stared blankly. LiLan...Plum Orchard? 

"Huang LiLan."

I perked up. "LiLi!" I exclaim. A face appeared in my head. LiLi was my best friend even though she was two years younger than me. Since Tao and I always played with each other and she was Tao's sister- wait......Tao's sister...

"You let them her."

"WHAT?!?!?!" I stood up facing him. We were still about the same height. We both knew what he was talking about this time. I clearly remembered that day when we won Regionals. I told LiLi to go back home after her Dad. Tao and I would come back later with the trophy. And I had sent those big dummies towards a comletely different direction.

"I. DID. NOT." I could feel myself sweating.

"Dinnnnnnner Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmeeee!" I heard cries of excitement from from the kitchen.

Sunny poked her head in the room. "Hey you guyzz, it's Dinno time." She said it the way Yunho had said "It's Yunho time." She learned more English from Yunho then she did at school. "Um...HELLOO AGAIN?!?! (A/N: I love that song!!) Stop with the staring contest. Eat." She walked over and pushed Tao and me into the dining room. I quickly wiped away a tear that had formed, before sitting down and smiling.