I know you?

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TB1x67Do5U new fave band <3

 

"Did you enjoy the concept?" asked the head coordinator Adele and I had met in the changing room. She was also interviewing EXO-M and us. I wondered again if she had heard our conversation...

"YES! We loved it! It was very, very unique and interesting compared to the many past photoshoots we have had," Kris exclaimed. "Zhen de! Really! I'll never forget this one." 

The head coordinator, who had introduced herself as FeeFee, smiled and wrote down things on her notepad. "Do you know who created the concept?"

"No, but we would love to know," said Xiumin, whose Chinese had definitely improved over the years. 

FeeFee smiled again. 

 

 

"Woah, I still can't believe she was the designer of the clothes and the concept," I said in amazement as we walked out. "I would never have known....don't you think she appears a little...eerie? And doesn't she seem a bit...familiar? Have we heard that name before? Anywhere? FeeFee...." 

"MIHO." Adele stopped in the hallway and spun around. "Why did you do it? It was only a magazine interview. Wouldn't it be better to tell the world that you are in a relationship on tv? After you have received permission????"

"Adele, I have the least fans in our whole group so no one will even care. And Tao didn't even say anything! FeeFee was curious, and I answered! Besides, she said she would keep it a secret. She said she just wanted to know for herself!"

"I know, I heard! But since when has an interviewer or a reporter like that been so honest? She has the right to do anything with the information! I worry for you, you know? I don't want to see you in trouble again and I want you to have more recognition for all the work you have done! Oh, Miho..." Adele shook her head and stormed back to the changing rooms.

I sighed. I knew Adele really cared for me. Sammie and Heimin too. Yejin, Shenny and Mirae barely knew me; I barely knew them. Hazel still resented me and even LiLi, or Lily, had slowly drifted away from me. It was all after that show. That one show where I told the truth to the world. I didn't follow the stupid script. Yes, I had a boyfriend, a boy who had been my love and my joy and my inspiration. And I still had him. 

     "Have any of you ever dated before?" The Hostess asked.

     "No."

     "Wahh you said that all in unison! I don't believe it...I can't...but you are all so beautiful!"

      I blinked. Chinese hosts were always so blunt; that was the very first time we had been told that.

     "Lily! Our composer! Is this for real?"

     "Yes," Lily giggled. "We barely had anytime to sleep, let alone date. And some of us have trained from a young age. How could we ever think of something as petty as dating?"

     "I still refuse to believe it...Miho!" I looked up. Why was I being singled out?

     "You're one of the most popular members here in China! And I bet you were before debuting too...are you sure you've never ever dated?"

      "Uhhh...well, I mean..." I could feel Uncle glaring through my soul. He still couldn't get over the Tao incident from so long ago.

      "I- er, I've been in love..." I looked at the hostess. She was smiling, expecting another funny story where I met a little boy in elementary school and fell in love but could never get to confessing. "...I was in love with him for a very long time actually. We were childhood friends in China, but then I had to move to Korea for treatment..."

      The hostess nodded. Everyone already knew about my hypersomnia since SM made it sound like I still had it, even though all the major symptons had been gone for a long time already. Probably to explain the embarassing fainting incident I had on the debut stage, but really it was because Hazel wouldn't allow me to eat breakfast...

     "So, did he ever find out? That you loved him?" cooed the hostess.

     "Well, actually he was also in love with me too...you could say..." The hostess gasped loudly. Hazel's eyes pierced through my head. Lily looked around nervously. Sammie and Heimin grinned excitedly. 

     "WAH, then what happened??? Did he do anything? Did he come to Korea to chase you down?" Everyone on set laughed tensely along with the hostess. 

     "Actually, he did move to Korea!" Everyone stopped laughing. 

     "Mwohhh? Shen ma??? What??" Hazel exclaimed.

     "Hahaha, I'm guessing you guys don't know this either?" The lady asked the other members. 

     "In fact," I continued before anyone else could say anything, "we still love each other and keep in contact!" I smiled. Genuinely. Which was rare.

     "T-th-then, that means...does that mean...you two were boyfriend and girlfriend? So you two did date???"

     "Mmmm, yes, you could say that," I nodded innocently. "And we still do." I felt the genuine smile on my face again.

      "Oh my..."

       I had said it. On live telivision. I had never been so proud. Or so happy to have Hazel's disgusted glare on me. The hostess quickly changed the topic; asking Adele to speak in her many tongues. Asking if Adele had any help with Kris, and Adele quickly denying it. Everyone following the scripted answers except for me. I felt so free. 

      I continued smiling until we got off set and Uncle slapped the smile from my face.

     For a long time.

I shook my head a few times. How long had I been standing in this hallway? Reminiscening in the past...I quickly thought back to my last thoughts...FeeFee...

"XingXing, LuLu, JooJoo, MinMin, MiMi.......FeeFee?" My brain strained to figure if it sounded right. I tried again, picturing the predebut days when Sammie ran around giving everyone cute nicknames. "FeeFee..." I whispered to the dark. 

"Yes?" asked FeeFee behind me. "Is there anything you need?"

"Oh! Dui bu chi, I didn't know you were there," I gasped, bowing. Had she heard my conversation with Adele?

FeeFee gave her signature smile. "It's fine. Don't worry. But are you okay? I saw you standing for a very long time in the hallway."

"Oh...oh...oh, it's-"

"The hypersomia?" 

"Ah....yes, yes that's what it was," I lied. 

FeeFee gave me a sad face. "I'm sorry. Perhaps you should take some medicine for that."

"Thank you, I will." I bowed again and turned to leave.

"Oh, Mihou! I'm sorry, but would you mind if I asked some more individual questions from you? Just stuff I'm curious about again. Not for publishing or anything."

"Oh, not at all! Go ahead!" I smiled.

"Mmmm....I've been a fan since your group debuted, so I've watched many of your interviews," she smiled shly. "And you said you were in a relationship...is that with the same boy you've loved since childhood?"

I beamed. "Dui, it is him...it's only been him."

"Is it...Tao?"

I jumped. "Omo...wo de tian...errrrr-"

"Ahhh, I'm sorry. I must've been too direct. I just couldn't help notice how Tao kept on staring at you, the little conversations you two had, and of course, the intense chemistry between you two during the couple shoot," smiled FeeFee.

 I scratched my head. "Well, I can't argue with you at all..." My eyes widened. "P-promise you won't tell?"

FeeFee laughed. "Promise. Promise. Not a word to the public. And if I heard right, are you and Tao going to be the lead roles in the new martial arts movie? Assassins Kingdom?"

"Yes! Yes!" I grinned. "I'm really excited about it! Actually that you can put in the interview...please do! You're definitely allowed to publish all that! My manager has allowed it."

FeeFee smiled brightly. "Of course I will. I'll tell the fans that they can see Tao and your photos as a little teaser for the movie," she winked.

I smiled back. "Well, I have to get going FeeFee! Nice meeting you."

"Nice meeting you too." We shook hands and I ran into the changing room. 

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" cried Adele. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN CHANGED."

I slowly walked behind the curtains, slowly began stripping, slowly churning FeeFee's voice around in my head. 

Nice meeting you too. 

Nice meeting you too. I had heard that same voice before...saying the same thing....I knew I had. I knew.

But where?