Fees to pay

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg <3

 

BTW I have been confusing myself for a while...Man. Ban is the awesome manager who works hard to get Tao and Miho together.
Man. Gyun is actually Miho's uncle, who was a bit against Tao and Miho because of the contract issues.

 

Hazel's P.O.V.

When I was six years old, my older sister fell into love. At first, no one cared. But after a change in her major, a major change in weight and a change of a nose, my parents finally decided to talk to her.

It was night and I couldn't sleep. All I heard was the raging of my Father, the screaming of my Mother and the crying of her.

The next morning, she walked into my room, luggage in hand, and kissed me goodbye. I never saw her again. 

Unless you count the small article on the last page of the local newspaper that mentioned something about suicide and spelled her name wrong.

My parents had scoffed and thrown the newspaper in the trash. The dumb guy had taken all her money and abandoned her, yet my parents didn't even care.

By then, I was only seven and I already couldn't stand living with them. They were pleased when I told them I wanted to enter the entertainment industry. Proud. I was pleased to leave the damned household. Proud.

And for over ten years, Lee Soo Man took me into his own care and became the closest thing I have ever had as a Father. 

No one believes me when I say so, but I have never been stupid or naive enough to get myself into a "relationship." I can't trust guys. I won't.

I know I've broken the many hearts of guys, and Sammie is just one of the many people who hates me for it. But Sammie must've not really known the true side of her own  brother. It was scary. I probably shouldn't have taken it into my own hands, but how I wanted to give him a lesson...the way he dumped his girlfriend and the way he talked to me right after? Unbelievable. 

 

Anyways, I'm in a car on the way to a forced meeting with my parents. Just because of some dumb show, I thought to myself. Ugh. Doing this for Lee Soo Man. Doing this for Lee Soo Man.

Okay, I was elated to find out that Lee Soo Man started to take over some stuff again, because Mr. Kim never knows what he is doing. Ruins the whole company sometimes. But Lee Soo Man scheduled a show for us where our parents appear and talk and say funny stuff or whatever.

Of course...that means I have to go and actually talk to my parents and hand them some scripted "highly advised" answers with some form about their rights to have rights that needed their signatures. I sighed. Since everyone knows me as the "Ice Princess," then would it be fine if my parents appear as they really are? Cold, unsocial, rich and slightly snobby? But what if they mention my sister if there is a question about siblings? They would probably say something ridiculously shameful and disrespectful and offend the whole world...especially me. Then I might blow up and then everything will be messed up. I slouched down in the leather seat. Guess I really have to do this.

 

MiHo's P.O.V.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," screamed Sammie and Heimin together. "Lemmeseelemmeseelemmesee!" squealed Shenny. Her jaw dropped. Mirae and Yejin ogled at the sight. Lily shielded her eyes. 

"I bet all ma Ludele shippers are going crayyy right now," said Adele, flipping her hair. She plopped in front of Man Ban's laptop and confindently started typing. "I can't wait to see all these new articles too. Even the unbiased reporters will be so so-"

"MIHO," squeaked Sammie."

"Huh?" 

"OMG MIHO. TAO. MIHOTAO. WAHHHHHHHHHGUHUHUHHHHH."

"YOUGUYSARESOHOTTOGETHEROMGOMGOMG," cried Yejin as Mirae tried to drag me over. 

"Hahahaha thanks but I really really really don't need to see my pictures again-"

"I'M HANGING THIS IN OUR ROOM," declared Shenny. "THIS IS LIKE, SO AMAZING. I HAVE SECRETLY BEEN SHIPPING YOU TWO SINCE FOREVER AND READING FANFICS AND-" 

"What???? Yah! I'm in your room too and I'm NOT going to see my brother half like that ewwww," said Lily. "...Although you two really look good together," she said, nudging me. "I approve hahahhaa." 

I rolled my eyes. 

"OMG this is so sweet. Weren't you two lovebirds before? Remember the panda couple stuff? Dawwwwww this is like a reunion," Heimin giggled. Everyone awwwwed at me and Sammie started story-telling to Mirae and Yejin who hadn't witnessed the pandaness. 

"Yeah, Adele, sorry but Mihotao over Ludele right now," said Mirae to Adele, who had been wailing to herself the whole time. Apparently the current top news for China AND Korea were about our "couple six-packs." Great. I could just imagine Tao laughing with glee.

"FINE. BUT AT LEAST SAY HER A NAME THE CHINESE WAY; MIHOUTAO SO IT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE," pouted Adele. 

Suddenly, Man Ban and my Uncle came barging in. 

"Omo? Man Gyun? What brings you here? I thought you quit-" started Adele.

"YAH YAH YAH!" Yelled out Man Ban. He pointed hysterically at the magazine in Shenny's hands. "AHFEWUELGUKJSDF!"

"Huh???" asked Adele. 

 

Hazel's P.O.V.

"Long time no see, Eun Hye In," said the man.

"Aish, let's hurry up with this. We have other, more important meetings to attend and due contracts to sign," said the woman.

They havn't changed at all. The man and the woman in front of me. The people who were by blood, my parents. Only by blood.

"Annyeonghaseyo," I greeted politely, bowing my head. C'mon Hazel, let's just get this over with.

"I am glad to see our daughter doing so well. It seems as if everyone knows your name," said the man with a smile. The smile stopped. "Mr. Lee has already sent us everything we need to know. All we need to do now is sign something, right?"

"Neh," I replied and handed them the form. 

The man signed to the conditions and passed the form to the woman. 

The woman stared at the paper. Picked up her pen. Stared at the paper. Put down the pen. 

"Wait." She looked up at me. "We have something you need to sign first." 

The man closed his eyes and sighed.

"We have both decided to take some care into your...future," declared the woman.

My eyebrows went up.

"Your...future husband."

My eyebrows furrowed. 

"You do remember your lovely neighbor?" asked the woman.

"Neighbor?" I tried to read through my early childhood memories.

"I do believe he is rather famous now, is he not?" 

Who were our rich neighbors again...the Parks, the Kims, the other Kims, the Mas, the Chois..... "Uhh...Siwon oppa??????" 

"No! No! The other one..." The woman nudged the man, as if for help. I bet she doesn't even know his name. 

"Hye In. I know this will be a shock for you, but as you know, many famous people marry so late these days, or they don't at all. We don't want that to happen to you. So we decided that it would be convienent if you were arranged with another celebrity, so that you two can retire around the same time and get married!" he exclaimed, as if he had just proclaimed the cure for cancer. 

I gawked at these two strangers in front of me. Who were they to even pretend they cared for me? Who gave them the right to set me up with someone? What if he was just another idiot like all the other guys? 

"So? What do you think?" asked the woman, impatiently. 

I grabbed the forms back. "I suppose I will be the only member on tv without any parents." I said quietly. I rose to leave.

"YAH! SIT BACK DOWN!" yelled the man.

I sat.

"DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH MONEY GOES WITH THIS? I WAS GOING TO SET YOU UP WITH A RICH OLD MAN BUT I DECIDED TO ACTUALLY FIND SOMEONE MORE SUITABLE! YOU LITTLE WASTE OF TIME AND-" 

"Shush! Calm yourself, calm!" The woman screamed, trying to hold the man back down. 

"Jwesonghamnida." I said quickly before running out. I knew it. It was all for money. That was all I was worth. That was the only reason the man had appeared slightly sorry at the beginning. Because he was regretting about a price.

I ran outside, down the street and into someone's arms. 

"Oh! Hazel..."

I looked up. "Omo! JooJoo...Oppa...what are you doing here? ...Wait-" My eyes went wide.

"YAH! Hazel! Hazellll!" I looked behind Suho. Man Gyun and Man Ban were running out of a van and heading towards me. Okay, now I am confused.

"Yah...Yah...." panted Man Ban. He tossed me a magazine. 

"What the- holy crap Miho has a six pack? And is that- WOAH! Hey isn-"

"ANI! Other side...flip...to other...side..." gasped Man Gyun. I flipped.

Flipped out.

"F..Fe....FEE FEE?" I squeaked.

Both Managers glumy nodded. "Tell me," demanded Man Ban. "What was the last thing she said to you."

"FeeFee?" asked Suho confused. "You mean...Felia? Wasn't she supposed to debut with you guys? But then she left and Mirae took her place..." Suho scratched his head.

"Sorry kiddo," said Man Ban. "But this isn't your business." He looked me in the eyes. "Tell me. The last thing she said to you."

 

FeeFee. Well everyone called her PeePee, since Koreans can't pronounce the 'F' sound. (A/N: i.e. Korean people always pronounce Tiffany's name as "Tippany.") She was talented in anything she set her mind to. Just...too talented. Okay. I was a jerk and a bully back then. My life had turned me that way...but what was the last she said to me? It was after I had told her that she was a burden to the group. And if she wanted to get anywhere, she needed to lose more weight, fix her jawline, get a nose job and a fashion sense. I winced at my past remarks. 

       FeeFee stood back up.

       "Fine. I'll do just that. And if you still can't admit that I'm better at singing or dancing or anything than you, then I'll make you. It might take me some time, but at the end, you'll be on your knees, begging in front of me. The game has only just started." 

       FeeFee stormed out the room and I never saw her again.

I looked down at FeeFee's interview. Presenting herself first as a beautiful and smart clothing designer with the most current fashion sense. Also with a perfectly formed V-line and a perfectly arched nose. And then starting the interview article as "A sweet Reunion after Three years."

It was then I realized. FeeFee had sworn to devote the entirety of her life to bring me down. Even if it meant starting with past friends or innocent people like Miho and Tao; as long as it affected me in any way, it was worth it.

It was just a simple and direct title with many simple and direct remarks within the article.

Yet it meant so, so much.

       ...The game has only just started.

 

"The game has only just started." I said outloud. "The game has only just started."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Ahohohoho. And now, just something extra~ EXO-M sleeping on an airplane;; so cute! :3 Tao dreaming of his Miho~