Gone Hazy

Gumiho Flashback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoddiqsp6fo Sorry for the slightly late update;; I lost my internet connection :(

 

I was dripping with sweat and panting for air. 

"Good job Miho! That flip was amazing!" Ziyi said, high-fiving me. I beamed and high-fived the actress who was playing my sister for the movie.

"Good job to you too! Keep it up!" I still couldn't get over it. I was working alongside with Ziyi Zhang

Suddenly I felt freezing cold water being dumped on me and heard Tao's childish laughter. 

"YAH! TAOOO!" I turned around only to find Tao not there. "Huh? Where di-"

Suddenly someone back hugged me. "Mihoouuu!"

I rolled my eyes and twisted out of his grasp. "Hey, are you hurting anywhere? That last landing looked a bit rough."

Tao grinned at me. "Nothingg hurts when youu are here. I just need chuu. But you're okay right? All that fake blood is driving me nuts. There's no real blood there, right? Right? Right? Wait, are you actually-"

"Tao, I'm fine!" I laughed and smeared some of the red stuff from my face onto his.

"Ewwww gross nooo!" yelped out Tao. "Hey! You know when myyy bloody scene is?"

"Ahl-ah, Ahl-ah, wo zi dao, I knowww-" 

"DA KISSUE SCENEE-" Tao shushed when all the extras turned around. "Let's get cleaned up fast and meet after for dinner, okay?" Tao whispered excitedly.

"Oka- wait... I can't!" I pouted. "Hazel just arrived and is staying in my hotel room and Uncle told me I have to talk to her a bit..."

"Oh okay...wait what did happen to her? It was all over the news...was she faking it?" 

"Yah! Tao!"

"What? She just seems like the type of person to do that."

I shook my head. "Tao, I've dormed with Hazel since forever. In all those years, I have never ever seen her cry. Even when she fractured her tibia or when Greg yelled at her or when her Mother came in one day and slapped her in front of everyone. Hazel doesn't cry. Something really has to be up. And Tao." I looked up. "Hazel...I think she's changed." 

 

 

 

I stood next to my coordi unni, Hana, as the elevator flew up to the top level. 

"Ni hao, qing wen...ni shi bu shi Mihou? Gu Mihou?" A professional looking man in a black suit asked me. He looked just slightly embarassed. 

I nodded. "Dui! Wo shi Mihou! Ni hao!" 

"Ahh, my son is a huge fan of your group! Would you mind signing for me?" He handed me a photocard of my group.

I giggled. "Not at all, ShuShu!" 

The man beamed when I handed him the signed photocard back. "Wahh he is going to be excited. Oh! Is anyone else in your group with you today?" 

"Mmm, Hazel is in China for a conference, but I don't think she will be able to meet with any fans. She's very busy," I said.

"Ahhhh, Hazel! My son has so many posters of her in his room!" We both laughed. "Well too bad Hazel is so busy. XieXie for your signature!" He held up the photocard. "I will use this as a studying insentive for him!" We laughed again. The elevator dinged as it reached the 99th floor. "I am getting off here. Good luck with your incoming movie! I am looking foward to it! Jia you!"

I smiled and waved goodbye to him. "XieXie! Zaijiian ShuShu!" The elevator closed and went up to the 100th floor, where my room was at.

"It's a nice thing being in a good hotel like this," commented Hana. "You don't have to be crammed with the crazy fans and you can meet unbiased, polite people or dignified, polite fans like him." 

"I don't really blame the fans outside for acting like that sometimes..." I said slowly.

"What do you mean? They are insane maniacs!"

"Some of them dedicate their whole entire lives to see and support just one person, they follow him or her everywhere, desperate to have just one more glimpse of that person; something as simple as eye contact will make them so happy and wipe the sadness from their lives. They live for just this one person...only to see him or her get together with someone else. Then their whole entire life becomes a lie." I thought of the many fans I had seen, screaming, crying, wailing, sputtering at me. 

"Well, if that's what you think," Hana said as she swiped the hotel card. "Hazel's in, right?" She sighed. "Poor girl. You saw what happened?" I nodded. Hana shook her head and opened the door for me.

 

I walked in to find Hazel sitting motionless on one of the beds. 

"Hay Hazeyy! I haven't seen you in a while!" I chirped, cheerfully. 

No answer.

"Hana unni says she will go get us dinner! Is there anything you want to eat? Who's the conference going to be with tomorrow? Oh Hana unni and you can both have your own beds, I'll pull out the extra mattress since I love sleeping on the extra mattress that they always have underneath the-"

"Miho-ah."

"Neh?"

Hazel looked up at me. "Who am I?"

"Uh-"

"I'm not the same person who tripped you the first time I saw you, right?"

"Uh-"

"I mean of course I'm the same person, but I'm not, right? Right?" exclaimed Hazel, on the verge of desperation.

"Uh, well, mwoh.."

"Maja? See, you know it! You know it! You know it? Oh, please, can just one person see??"

"Uh...Haze? You okay?"

"No!" She glared at me. Hazel shook her head. "Aishhh micheosuh. I'm going crazy."

I nodded.

"But really!" Hazel's eyes burned. "Firstly, he thinks I'm a devil, secondly, he thinks I have relationships with other guys or something, thirdly, he's too good for me, fourthly, why am I in this situation again??"

"HAZEL????" Did she just say someone was too good for her? Should I call the hospital?

Fifteen minutes later, I finally got her to say something I could understand.

"Wait...so you and Suho are being set up?" I exclaimed. "Oh...I never knew-well, I mean Suho is like the nicest person ever- wait...is that why you were so upset??? Do you not like Junmyeon Oppa?" I asked confused.

Hazel plopped down on the bed. "Ani, it's JooJoo that doesn't like me. Actually, he hates me."

"Yahhh, who hates-" Awkkk. A lot of people did to be honest. "Oh, c'mon Hazey. We've both known Suho for the longest time. He's such a sweetheart to everyone, remember the way he always treats-"

"But that's exactly the problem! Even the nicest person will have someone they hate. And if such a nice person hates someone, that person definitely is worthy to be hated. Why do I even deserve to be with him? It's against his will too! He's having a horrible time because of me!" Hazel exhaled. "Miho...you're so lucky...you and Tao survived all those years and even managed to get Mr. Lee's support. And I just bet he's the most romanticful boyfriend ever to you."

"Ahahaha Hazel, what do you mean-"

The doorbell rang.

Hazel sighed and slid underneath her covers. "Can you go get it? It must be Hana unni."

I got up and and peeped through the peep-hole and saw no one. Huh? That's strange. I cracked open the door to double check-

"BOO!" Tao jumped in front of my face, holding a guitar. 

"AHHHH!" I stepped back. "WHAT ARE YOU-"

"Shhh!" Tao put a finger against my lips and closed the door. "I am Tao!" He grinned. And I have something for you. Sit on the bed and listen!"

~Play the music!~

Tao propped himself on the TV table and started to sing in flawless Korean:

 

Because of the endless schedule

It’s not easy to see your face
Me inside the TV, you watching me on TV
That’s how we date

Should I quit?
When I think about you, I keep getting weak

Because I’m an idol, because I’m a celebrity
I can’t hold your hand when we walk but
When I become more famous, when I become more confident
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I want to go out and go to the movies
I want to stick close to you and walk all day
Things that everyone else does, things that are normal
Those things are difficult for us

I wondered if we should break up a few times but I love you too much

As much as I love you, music is so important to me too so I can’t help it
After some time passes, after I become a bit more famous
I will reveal you to the world – I love you

Because of all the cameras, because of my manager
I kept pushing back our dates
When my music succeeds, when everything goes well
I will give you all the love I couldn’t give you now

I’ll do everything for you, I’ll give you everything

This song is for you ~ I love you

 

Tao put down the guitar and walked over to me. "Mihou-ah, I...sang that to you a lot in my head over the past years...but I don't think melodies are something you can pass telepathically." Tao tilted his head to the ceiling. "Wait...can they be?"

"They can give you migraines," I mumbled.

"Anways, Mihou. So far, everyone has stressed music and career over love. Especially when we were rookies and we were still building up our career and our fanbases and-" Tao shook his head. "Mihou, it doesn't matter anymore. I don't want to worry about it again." Tao reached over and held my hands. "Look, I know that our schedules can get in the way a lot. We're really lucky right now, but I'm sure in the future things will get crazy again and continents and fans will seperate us again. So I just want to-"

Tao was interupted by Hazel's loud laugh. 

Tao and I jumped in shock and landed in each others' arms.

"WOW, Miho, you lie! Was that not romantic enough for you?"

"Is she okay?" Tao whispered to me.

"Not really," I mumbled back.

"Wait..not romantic? Not romantic? I am not romantic enough?" Tao looked around in horror.

And here I was, thinking his Korean had improved. Ai-yaa.

"Yeah!" Hazel smirked. "You're the worst person I've seen at being romantic!" Hazel turned around to me. "Seriously though," she whispered to me as Tao went around the room, panicking. "He's pratically proposing to you right now!" She sighed. "Well, Chuka. Congrats."

"Yah, yah, yah! I-I'm not proposing to her, I was going to offer her a couple ring! To keep us together, silly!" Tao pouted. "You ruined the moment."

"Yeah, yeah mian. Please continue Mr. Romantic-Failure." Hazel flopped back underneath the covers.

Tao grabbed my hands again. "Mihou-ah. Since the day I first met you in wushu class and got an accidental black eye from you, I have been in love with you."

Tao ignored the snickers from Hazel.

"And even though we ran through a lot of, uh, problems like Mr. Kim and Hazel, we have fought through it all and made it out together. And now, I want to make sure that we are forever at each other's side from now on."

Tao bent down on one knee and took out a beautiful ring. 

"But are you sure it's not a proposal?" shouted out Hazel from under the blankets. 

"Shudduppp!" whined Tao. "Mihou, will you stay with me for-" Tao glared over at Hazel before clearing his throat.

"MIHOU!" Tao shouted. "WILL YOU BE MY MINE?"

Hazel cracked up.

Tao shook his head. "Mihou. W...Wil...."

He took a deep breath.

"Will you marry me?" 

Hazel gasped. 

Tao held up the ring. "I don't know how long we will have to wait. But this will hold us and our promise together until then." 

"Omo, Taotao..." I couldn't stop myself from smiling all over. "Yes, Tao! Yes." 

Tao beamed and I let him slide the ring up my finger and then twirl me around the room.

"How was that Haze? Huh? How was that?" yelled Tao. 

"FINE! IT WAS FINE!" Hazel burrowed her head in a pillow.

I looked down at my finger. The ring was made of white silver and lined with black stripes. In the middle was a small, beautiful green emerald. 

"Waitwaitwait, I need to see it." Hazel jumped out and crawled over to see my hand. 

"Mwuh-ya? What is this? A panda-kiwi ring?" Hazel scrunched up her nose.

"Hey! It's our colors!" Tao stuck his tongue at her.

"Gaize, grow up," I said, rolling my eyes.

"Whatever, it's cute, it's cute," said Hazel going back to the bed.

"See? I'm not that bad! Ooooh Mihou! Put on my ring!" he demanded. I giggled as I took Tao's matching ring and slid it up his slender finger. 

"Hey! You two! Look over and show off your silly rings!" cried out Hazel, holding out her phone. 

"Wae?" asked Tao.

Hazel shrugged. "Cuz. I haven't updated my twitter in weeks and I need something happy to post about. And...cuz...it's cute okay? I want the world to see it." 

Tao and I laughed and posed for her.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hazel @hazed

Someone help me!! I've been stuck in the same room
with these two lovebirds! -__- pic.twitter.com/g01nCr4zii
_View photo

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hazel put down her phone. "Yo Tao, do you want to join us for dinner?" 

Tao nodded.

"Ok, I'll phone Hana to get extra food. Oh, and Miho?"

"Huh?"

"Do..do you remember... Can you go with me tomorrow for the conference? It's in the morning, before your shooting," said Hazel.

"Oh...okay, but I thought your Chinese was good enought now? What's the conference for anyways?" I asked, puzzled.

"You'll find out," said Hazel.