Warming up

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri-2nGlhjf8 <-- Let out the Beast demo version!

 

Tao and I were left slightly stunned at what had happened. It was silent for a few moments when the door opened again and Greg stuck his head in. “Stop standing there doing nothing, you guys should be in the warm-up room.”

Tao and I sprinted to the main dance room.

Hye In was on one side of the room, stretching and laughing with some trainees. Sammie, Heimin and Adele were on the other side. I immediately began walking towards them, but I saw Tao walking the other way… he wasn’t even going to sit with his precious Duizhang. He was going to Hye In……..

No. Not happening.

Before I could think, I found myself literally pulling Tao’s arm all the way to where I was going to sit. Heimin raised her eyebrows. “Little controllative there, don’t you think?” Sammie and Adele laughed. I ignored them and started stretching my legs. Half-way through, I heard more laughing. I looked up to see them pointing at Tao.

“What’s so funny?” he asked.

“What kind of stretches are those? It looks like yoga,” said Adele.

Tao sighed and I tried hard not to giggle. He started explaining that he needed to do the certain positions to help strengthen this and that muscle to exemplify the use for this and that movement in Wushu…I finally laughed out loud with the others when he began demonstrating them.

“You shouldn’t be laughing Miho!” Tao exclaimed. “You taught them to m- I mean, you should be doing them too!”

“Silly, I’m not injur-” Wait. Why was he doing it if he wasn’t….

 

Tao’s injured?

 

Tao’s face showed that he didn’t notice my realization.

“Yeah, I should be doing them…shouldn’t I…” I say instead.

Tao nodded and everyone laughed as we did our matching “yoga poses.”

We split into our groups again and Tao and I trudged to our dance room. But I couldn’t concentrate. The whole entire time, images of Hye In sliding her hands on Tao kept creeping into my mind.....  

Tao stopped the music. “Are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah, yeah I’m fine.”

“You’re messing up a lot of the steps today.”

“Sorry, I’m getting a little distracted-“

“Maybe you really should have Hye In help you.”

“Mwoh?” She’s the one that’s causing me to mess up. I don’t need any help from her. I don’t want to talk to her. I don’t want to see her. Crap why is she my roommate. “No thanks,” I sputter.

“I think it’ll really benefit you-“

“Why don’t you go see a real doctor to help your back? And your knee? You’re limping and a tense back affects your turns. I think that’ll really benefit you.”

Tao glared at me. I glared back.

 

Tao’s P.O.V.

She noticed. She knew. That I was injured.

I didn’t know what to say…I was too shocked.

Something came out my mouth, something like “Hye In dances better than you,” or “Hye In puts more into the dance than you do.” I don’t even really know exactly what I had said.

I really thought I could keep it a secret from her-

I was brought out from mini-shock when I heard I’m in Love starting to play and Miho grabbing me into the starting positions of the song. 

“Wait what-”

My eyes went wide as she started the dance.

In my original, planned choreography that I had showed her, it had some parts where we were supposed to hold hands, or I was supposed to hold her before lifting her into the air...but Miho had always taken out as much skin contact as possible. I guess she was one of those people that hated skin contact? But right now...she was sliding one hand down my back....

I can't breathe.

I don't want this to stop. But...I didn't want her dancing like this.

Before we could get to the chorus, I turned off the music.

“Was that good enough for you? Are we supposed to perform like that?" exclaimed Miho. "Oh wait, Hye In did it a lot better than me didn’t she? Did you enjoy her dancing way more than mine? I’m sorry that the most revealing outfit I have is my school outfit-” 

“Calm down!! What did I do? What did Hye In do?" ...Miho was still holding my hand. I was getting goosebumps just from that.

“You taught our dance to her.”

“Well, she asked me to…” I felt embarrassed. I was so bad at saying no…Hye In had begged me to show it to her and I just couldn’t deny her…….. "It’s my dance anyways.”

Miho looked at me, and then ran out.

 

Miho’s P.O.V.

I don’t even know what I did. I was sort of, really mad.

What did I just do.

I ran back into the dance room.

“Sorry-” Tao…I couldn’t even look at him. I ran back out. Why do I always run from everything? I run back in.

Tao and I stared at each other for a few moments before we erupted in embarrassed laughter at the same time.

“I’m sorry too…yeah, it’s our dance.” he mumbled.

“Let’s...start the dance again.”

“Yes! But please don't dance it like that…” We laughed again and I started the music.

~~~

As we were repeating the flipping section of the choreography, I heard it. It was really faint, but I heard his back crack. Tao landed a bit to the left, wincing.

“Tao! Gwenchana?” I asked.

“Ahhh Yes…ahhhhhhh….”

I got him to lie down on the floor, his back facing up.

“Where does it hurt?” I ask.

He didn’t answer, because he knew he didn’t have to. I immediately found the right place without him telling me anything, and started massaging.

“Xie…xie…gu…ma…wo..…gu...mi…ho…woaini…” I rolled my eyes as he said more unidentified things.

Three minutes passed when I realized something. His back muscles weren't as tense anymore, but something still felt stiff...I wasn't a doctor but I knew something was wrong. He must've been injured here before...

"Tao, is this a recent injury? Or have you had it for a while, because then you should see a real doctor-"

“I’m fine! Really! Don’t worry!” He said suddenly, getting up. “I’m totally fine! I feel great! Let’s go back to practicing!” He said, extremely excited.

“Uh, okay…sure.” I say, getting up too.

 

Tao, why are you lying to me. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Ok, random but I find this really funny...

How to body roll like a buffalo:

Level 1: Donut Beginner Level

Level 2: Bacon Intermediate Level

Level 3: Dancing Machine Pikachen Level

Level 4: Wushu Panda Master Level

(Tao is so intense xD gifs credit to skewedlayer)