Old injuries

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

 

Tao's P.O.V.

"Go stretch more," our trainer whispered to me before walking back to Mi Ho. They begun working on some turns again. I sat down and grabbed a water bottle. Mi Ho looked over to me and I quickly rested my head on my hand. "He has another headache," said our trainer. The same excuse for my break yesterday and the day before. I stayed sitting down while rubbing my head. 

It had been a while since Mi Ho had....er...kicked me in the face and I had passed out. It took a while for a lot of the trainees to get over the fact that not only I did wushu, but Mi ho could too. Gave them more reasons to do all this "shipping" stuff...they were coming up with stuff like MiTao and Taoho....

It's Mihoutao, you guys.

I looked up to see Mi Ho turning through the air beautifully. She had such a natural ability to flip. I rubbed my temples again when she glanced at me. She went right back to her starting position. Agh, why did she have to be so good? Can't let her be better than me...I try to stand up, but fail. I guess it's a childhood thing...I've never wanted to be worse or even be on the same level as her because I wanted to be the one to teach and guide her...I sigh and made sure Mi Ho isn't watching before I started massaging and stretching my legs out. I winced as pain shot through my left knee.

I walk back to Mi ho and our trainer, doing my best to smile and not to limp. Thank God the trainer was keeping this a secret. I made a mental note to ice my knee when I get back home without Auntie noticing. I balance myself on the floor and do a jump that Mi Ho had just done, trying to do it with as much grace as she did. My knee is screaming in pain when I land.

"Alright, good work you two, let's get some sleep now! See you tomorrow." We bow to our trainer and thank him. I pick up my practice bag, stuffing the three pairs of shirts I had completly drenched out in sweat today, inside. I turn around and almost bump into Mi Ho. 

"Are you okay?" She asks, in Chinese. I look over at the trainer, who is also packing up his stuff. 

"I'm fine." I say back in Korean. I walk out the room where Mr. Gyun is waiting to take me back home. I finally let myself limp as we exit the building and I collapse into the backseat of the car, closing my eyes. I'm so sorry, Mi Ho. I can't tell you right now...I don't think I ever can.

My head had never hurt during these breaks. It was my old injuries coming back.

 

Mi ho's P.O.V.

I stood there in the empty practice room. A pile of homework was waiting for me upstairs, it was my turn to do the laundry and I could almost hear Hye In's screeching about where I was. But I couldn't move. Did I really cause Tao that much trouble? I thought it was just a minor concussion...he won't end up like me, will he? I felt a pang of guilt. Tao hadn't talked to me or even glared at me this whole week. Even if we had to continue our conversation about what happened to his sister, I would do it.

"Yaaah! Who's turn is it to do the laundry?" HeiMin's screaming could be heard from here. I trudge slowly back to my dorm. I am met by Hye In.

"Yeah, so Mi ho. You're actually in." She flopped on her bed. "Dunno if it's a good thing or not. Because you actually have a confirmed position, unlike me."

"Huh?" I ask tiredly, picking up her dirty clothes scattered across the room. I was too tired to listen to anyone.

She glared at me. "I know I'm the visual, but what else? Why aren't they confirming me for more? I already have everything to be lead dancer and lead vocalist."

I figured it was one of her 'I'm so perfect, people need to give me respect' speeches, so I stopped listening and quietly cleaned up our room. These extra training sessions were taking so much time away from me...I glanced at the pile of math and english homework. Math would be fine....but English? Ughhhh. I'm walking out the hallway, collecting everyone's dirty baskets full of sweaty clothes. Hye In is supposed to help me, since it's our dorm's turn, but that's never happened before of course. Except this time Hye In actually follows me for whatever reason, still jabbering. We're walking back to our dorm and I can literally see curious heads popping out of rooms, trying to hear what Hye In is gossiping to me about. Hye In notices this and purposely lowers her voice and starts to whisper into my ear. "Because Kris is the leader as well as Suho who-" 

"Wait what?" I turn around, facing her.

"Don't interrupt me, dummy." She scowled at me and started talking about a completely different topic. I give up asking her anything. I tried to finish all my homework before midnight and succeeded, not counting a few blank spaces on my English worksheet. I went to bed late that night, with Hye In still talking and me trying to think. Thinking of who the heck Kris and Suho were, why EXO has two leaders, why they needed another manager besides my Uncle, why why why. But mostly, my mind was filled with thoughts of Tao and what was making him act like that. Was it all because of me? I wanted him to talk to me again. I wanted him to glare at me again.

I got almost no sleep that night.