My Dream

Gumiho Flashback

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pz9u-DL89M ahhhhh sorry for not updating in a while;; omg vixx, shinee, kang seung yoon and boa all in one night and then waking up to exo....and then waking up to a ronald mcdonald and a teal tao and a sm that ships kaistal...IM NOT EVEN-

 

 

Xiumin's P.O.V.

I looked around at the couples slow-dancing to the current ballad or standing together in the huge, dimmed room. All I could see were celebrities with celebrities; the room was filled with famous actors, actresses, singers, models, comedians and whatnot. You could name every person if you wanted to, call out every infamous ship name of each individual couple. 

I turned my head at the sound of a very familiar laughter and I involuntarily smiled along. 

You could name every person in this room, except for the most important person. 

 

That was what I liked about being with Sunny, we didn't have the pressure of being watched by other eyes, like for Tao and Miho. 

I had Sunny all to myself.

 

...Okay, if i could have Sunny all to myself right now, that would be nice...

 

I sat at my table, watching Sunny and impatiently waiting for her to finish up her chatting with Yejin and Hazel.

Sunnyyyy I did not bring you to talk to other peopleeee.

Yejin and Hazel burst into laughter at something Sunny said. Aishh, this might take a while...

I pulled out my phone and started gazing through my collection of photos.

I grinned at the LED light that shone on my face as I went from photo to photo.

Everytime Sunny and I had a date, I would take a picture of her eating or about to eat. Whether it was a quick date in Sunny's apartment after practice, eating ramen on her bed, or a picture of the rare occasion when I could secretly bring her out to a nice restraunt, each precious photo showed her adorableness and her loving heart.

I stopped to giggle at a photo I had taken of Sunny when she wasn't paying attention. I had given her a visit at her Uni, and she had started imitating a professor. ALKLDKJFLKDSLFKSJD too cuuut-

"YAHH! When did you take that?!?!??!" Sunny gasped as she snatched my phone and stared in horror at the screen. "Omo! What is this?? When did you take this! How do you delete..." she fumbled around on the touch-screen. 

"Aniyaaaaa dun do dat!!" I grabbed the phone back. "It's mine and I need that picture!"

Sunny eyed me. "No, that's a picture of me so it's my photo and you very much do not need that horrible picture of me, sillyyy-" Sunny reached out and tried to steal my phone again.

"Nooope, I'm keeping this beautiful photo forever because I very much need it." I held the phone above my head and stuck my tongue at her.

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Fiine Minnie. But we have to make it fair."

"Huh? How do you fair it fair- AUUAOOOOAOHA!" I yelped as Sunny suddenly swiped out her own phone and took a flash photo of me.

"Yah! Why did you use flash? My eyeeeeessss..." I wailed.

"Sorry Xiuminnie, it was very much needed and- AHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHA THIS IS THE BEST PICTURE OF YOU EVER!" 

"Huh? Lemme see!" I demanded, trying to peek over her shoulder. 

"This is gonna be my new wallpaper. Now." Sunny started attacking buttons on her phone.

"Wait, I didn't even see it," I whined.

Sunny happily ignored and me and concentrated on the screen. "Oh no!" she cried. 

"What? Did you delete it by accident?" I asked, excitedly. 

"No...I don't know which picture of you I should use..." she said, pouting. 

"Well then, let me help you choose-" I jumped and fell out of my chair.

 

The fall was long, the fall was torturous, moments from my life flashed before my eyes, I gazed towards the heavens with-

 

"Omo! Xiuminnie? Gwenchana?" I opened my eyes and found myself in an awkward position, hugging the table leg. Sunny helped pull me back up.

I sat back down in my chair and gasped. "Th-tha-that was such a scary picture..." I glanced back at Sunny's phone in horror. 

The picture of me, making a dazed expression with my eyes half opened and my mouth ajar glanced back at me.

"Y-yu-you should probably, definintely consider not using that one...did you say that you had another...?"

"Oh yeah, the other one was one I took a few hours ago-" Sunny paused and suddenly looked around shyly. "Well..."

"I wanna see!" I grabbed her phone.

 

"Wah! Yea! See, this is the kind of photo you take of people! Wow, am I radiating light or what? And my tie perfectly fi- wait...how did you take this picture?" I looked up at Sunny. 

"I snuck into the fan section," Sunny admitted. "I got bored waiting for you to finish up..." 

"Sunny-ah, you should've told me," I said. I thought back to the mini flashback I had during my great fall. "Sunny!" 

"Huh?"

"Sunny...Nan...Nan-en saranghaeyo!" I yowled, clutching her arm.

Sunny looked at me weirdly and took my hands off of her. "Mwoya?! Are you sick?" 

"Sorry..." I sighed. "Sunny, did you know that I saw my life flash by in my eyes when I fell?"

"Huh?" Sunny giggled. "Why would your life flash by in a petty fall like that?"

"That's not the point." I looked around again at the huge dance room. "Sunny-ah, everyone in here is famous, with fans and media recording their every movement. I...I've always loved singing and I've always wanted to become that kind of singer on TV that my Umma would watch and listen to and be awed by."

I paused and thought back again. The flashback was so fast. My hazy school and family memories in a tenth of a second, the long, strenous years of training in a tenth of a second, the excitement of making it into the debut team in a tenth of a second, the struggles and joys of debuting, hiding my voice behind other voices in EXO, and comebacking after comebacking after comebacking in another tenth of a second. But the rest of the single second was centered around Sunny. 

     "Oppaaaa, can we meet up any time this week?...Ah what a busy schedule...nono it's fine! Don't worry about me! Go get some sleep!"

     "Oppa? Will you be free- Ahh....Woa, really? Okay, I see...yes I'm doing fine at Uni! Remember to get some sleep! Neh...baii."

     "Xiumin-ah...Do you know what day it is to- huh? Ah....well, good luck! Remember to sleep enough...bai."

     "Xiuminnie? Have you been sleeping enough? Hahaha, same...neh...see you later."

     "Xiumin? Yoboseyo? Xiu- Voice mail?"

"Sunny-ah." I looked into her eyes. "I was so attracted to the lifestyles of these famous people, I wanted so badly to be like them...maybe because my Umma looked up to them and knew more about their personal lives then she did for me. I wanted her to notice me too...but Sunny-ah. I made a mistake, the same mistake my Umma made."

"Mistake? What mistake?" asked Sunny.

"I forgot about you, just as my Umma forgot about me. I prioritized my career over you just as my Umma did to all the idols on TV-"

"Xiuminnn! Yahyah, stop spewing nonsense! I know, I know, how it is. You guys have crazy schedules with no time to sleep. Of course there are times where you absolutely can't-"

"No! It's not fine! Especially when I...forgot...that...it was your...birthday..."

"Xiumin-ahhh, gwenchana..." Sunny wiped my wet face with the back of her hands. "It's okay! It was a year ago anyways..." Sunny lifted my face up.

"Xiumin Oppa! Cheer up! Sunny will always be by your side no matter what!"

 

Sunny's P.O.V.

Xiumin finally made a happy face and wiped the rest of his tears away. 

"Sunny-ah," he whispered. 

"What is it now?" I said, pretending to be annoyed.

Xiumin leaned in...and kissed my lips. "You need to call me Oppa from now on," he said, his face right in front of me.

My eyes widened at how close he was. "Yah! What was that for?" I quickly turned around, embarassed. Was the room dim enough so he couldn't see how red I was?

Xiumin got up and walked over into the chair that I was facing. He stuck his face back in front of mine again. "Sunnyyyy."

He took my hands, that were covering my face and held them gently in his. 

"Sunny-ahh. You have to call me that from now on, okay? And you have to call or message me everyday. Actually, no. I will call or message you everyday. I'll never forget your birthday, and we will go eat out at least once a month from now on. I promise."

He leaned and pressed his forehead against my forehead and gazed into my eyes. 

"I won't ever leave you like that again. Ever." 

"Xiumin-ahh...Oppa...you never did leave me..."

Xiumin shook his forehead, causing me to shake my forehead too. "Ani, I told you to wait for me, but then I always gave you vague answers and forgot about you and sometimes didn't even reply back to you. It was a huge mistake. But I won't re-make that mistake again. Ever. Okay?"

I nodded, causing Xiumin to nod as well. "Okay. But...do I really have to call you Oppa from now on?" 

"Yeah!" Xiumin sat back up in his seat with determination. "Because everyday I hear people call out "Oppa! Oppa!" and everyday I listen for the one voice I want to hear saying it, but I don't hear it. And it makes me sad."

I giggled at him. "Fine then...OPPA! OPPA! XIUMIN OPPA! SARANGHAEYO!" I yelled. "Was that good enough for you?"

Xiumin bounced around in his seat, happily. "Yes! Yes! I-AHHHH-" Xiumin leaned backwards and almost fell down again. 

I quickly caught him and brought him back up again. We laughed together like idiots. 

"Omo...that was so scary..." gasped Xiumin. 

"Did you get another flashback?" I asked.

"No, not this time. Thank you for saving me again," he laughed as he brought me into a tight hug. "Mmmmm I accomplised my gu-mi," he whispered. 

"Gu mi? Gu Miho?"

"Ani," he said, bringing me even closer. "My dream. My dream of promising to love you and watch over you like a real boyfriend. I thought I wouldn't be able to do it...I was always so jealous of Tao and Miho...but now I know I have you and I won't lose you. That was my dream."

Xiumin sat up and faced me again. "You're mine forever now. You can't back out," he grinned.

I rolled my eyes at him.

"Yah! Don't roll your eyes at me! I'm being very serious here!" 

"Yes, yes, I know."

"Okay, good. Know it forever." Xiumin cupped my face and brought my lips to his lips. 

I let my eyes close, holding the moment as long as I could.

CLICK. CLICK-CLICK. CLICK.

Xiumin and I jumped up in our seats, almost falling down and turned around to see a jubilant Jongdae.

"YESSSS." Jongdae grinned widely as he looked at the results on his camera. "Wahhhhh I've never seen flash look this good."

"YAH! JONGDAE! WHAT ARE YOU EVEN DOING HERE?" cried Xiumin.

"I'm Man Ban's date, silly. Because I was bored with both you and Tao not in my room. Anyways, I'll be treasuring these lovely photos very well. I'll leave now! You can go back to what you were doing! Love you too! Tell you're lil' sis I love her too! Bai bai! Mwah!" Jongdae fled.

Xiumin got up and started after him, then sat back down. 

"You're not going to chase him down? What if he uses those pictures to black mail you?" 

Xiumin shook his head. "He's just like that all the time. And besides, he said to get back to what we were doing, didn't he?" 


 

 

 

 

Miho's P.O.V.

"Miho!" Shenny yelled. "I know you have jet lag but you gotta stay awake for this!" 

"I AM AWAKE!" I cried, jumping up and hitting my head on the studio condenser.

"You nodded off again," giggled Yejin. 

"Shouldn't we do this another day?" asked Sammie worridly. "Miho literally walked off the plane and into the recording room."

"Sir Kim isn't being the most considerate these days," noted Mirae. "I think he forgot to add sleeping hours to Miho's schedule. Or the fact that Miho is still used to the time zone in China... How does he expect her to finish the Korean and Chinese and Japanese recordings all in one day??"

"Nooooboddyyy worry," declared Adele. "We all know Miho can rap amazingly awake or in her sleep." 

"Miho, are we ready for the solo?" asked the director from behind the glass. I held in a yawn and gave a thumbs up. "Okay, let's clear the studio, please."

Yejin, Sammie, Mirae and Adele left to join the others sitting on the couch outside. 

I put on my head phones, closed my eyes and shut down everything around me.

I let the words run out through my mouth. The words I had memorized day in and day out. The phrases that I had recited to the point I murmured them in my sleep. The sentences that Huang ZiTao and I had created together. My Tao.

     "What is your dream?" My father asked the puny student who stood before him, black eyed and scabbed.

     "To be a singer, a song-writer, to be known, and to be better at wushu then Gu Mihou!" yelled out the little boy.

Within the words that Tao and I had come up with, was the hidden and clear messages to them.

To them who excitedly waited up to midnight to see our mvs come out, cheered us live in front of us or behind a computer screen, desperately saved up money to preorder our albums. 

To them who cussed out our members, booed at our performances and spent all day formulating ways to bring down our image.

To them people who pretended that I was dead and lied to everyone so they could erase all memories of me.

To them who wouldn't understand us, 

and them who were us. 

To our fans, our antis, our parents, Mr. Kim, to Tao and I, our words rang out with defiance and assurance.

I felt Tao's light breathing on my neck, his arm around my waist and my heart beating alongside with his. 

I heard Mama's eager voice over the phone and Baba's reluctance as they wished me well.

     "You can't bring Mr. Huang over? Like now? I need to see if that crazy boy has matured. Is there a kiss scene in that crazy movie you're shooting? Are you using a stuntwoman? What company are you under again? Why does everyone know who you are? How much money are you making? What about Mr. Huang?" grumbled Baba. 

     "And you said you didn't care about her," teased Mama. 

I saw the hazy yet waiting future breached before us. We didn't know what was ahead, but we were ready.

 

The final sentence flew out and I opened my eyes and saw the awed stares of more people. 

Everyone outside stood up and cheered. "Alright! A one shot! Good job Miho!" grinned the director. "Ok, 15 minutes break, when we come back we just need to record the group chorus part with everyone together. We'll call it a day after all that." 

I smiled tiredly while bowing to the director, hung up the head phones and fell asleep at once in the studio room.

   

 

 "What is your dream?" asked Baba.

     "To be just like you! Some one that endures anything, reconciles after a mistake, even if it takes a while. Someone who can get up from a fall and still look ahead." I cried.

     I looked over at the boy.

    "And. To be better at anything than Huang ZiTao!" 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

AHDLAJFLSKJFLSDKJFSDKJFSDFJAHSJDFKSDJFDH T-T

Yes... it is the end of my story ;;;;; I didn't mean to end it so fast, but I have commonapp and college preparations to start working on :'( I don't want to do what I did last time when I left this story alone for over a year before coming back to it again ksjflasjldkflaksdjfakjdflkajsd lool did anyone notice how much my writing changed? O.O the updates started getting longer and longer hahhaha.

So, I am ending my story with this story here;; Thank you so much for reading my updates! I hoped you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed writing it :3 

Also shout-out to PoisonApple911 for coming up with adorable OTP names: Suhye and Xiunny <3333 dawww so cuuuute! ~~~

Hehehehehhe I love all of you guys!! Let's keep supporting Tao and the rest of EXO with their comebacks and performances! :D

Hopefully I'll see you guys later once all my college stuff is out of the way~~~! Saranghaeyooo~ Mwah. <3

But for now, go on out there and chase your own dreams! :)

 

 

-FeiFei