Tornado Kick

Gumiho Flashback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PMRe4k3OSw

(A/N: Sorry for all the gifs...might be a little distracting)

 

"Wait a sec...didn't you get into SM for rap and ninja skills? Why haven't we seen you do ninja stuff..." Baekhyun said, wondering if he was on the same level as Tao.

(A/N: Baekhyun's predebut videos omgggggg)

Tao shrugged. "No one's asked me to yet. We've never seen your Hapikido skills." 

Baekyung crossed his arms. "Ok, let's start simple, then we get complicated. You first-"

Baekhyun was interrupted as he quickly moved his head back, almost getting smacked in the face by Tao's foot.

 

 

"Dude...what was that?" Baekhyun scoffed, although a little shocked at how fast Tao responded.

With some effort, Baekhyun swung his own leg hard into Tao's side, knocking Tao to the ground. 

In half a second, before anyone even had time to react, Tao already flipped himself up with a Carp skip-up.

 

 

What Baekhyun thought he was doing, was who could knock who down on the ground.

Who was stronger, who was more athletic.

I bet he wasn't very sure about the difference of Hapkido and Wushu...

I looked over at skinny Tao, who was backing up, positioning himself.

 

The way Tao was taught his whole life to do, was an art.

 

Every single movement of the leg or arm was like a brushstroke.

 

Forming together to become a painting.

 

To become one.

 

Tao gave himself a running start. The sound of Tao's hand hitting his shoe filled the room.

 

 

Tao had just done a flying frontal kick.

It was nothing really, just a very basic move for Wushu. Nothing compared to what we used to do. But this was different from his mini-floor spin-kick. Unlike the floor kick, all flying kicks require leg strengthing and conditioning. And Tao had done it with almost as much grace and dexterity as two years ago... it meant only one thing. 

He had taken on Wushu again. 

"Mihou-ah, Tao has stopped coming with his brother to your Father's lessons..."

Mother's second and second to last call to me. 

I closed my eyes.  I prayed for them to be quick at least. But no, they were doing it that way. All of them jumping and stomping in glee all over him. Trampling him. Trampling him to death. I couldn't take this anymore. 

No...it couldn't be...did Tao give up Wushu because of that incident? Was he that injured? Did he really take it on again for Soo Man Lee?

By now, Tao was showing off his cartwheel rolls and butterfly twists (A/N: I watching butterfly twist tutorials... O__O anyone who can do one of those things, (TAO!!!) you have ALL. MY. RESPECT.)

Tao still had the form, quality tumbling movements, the fluidity flowing through his body.

I remembered the 2008 Regional Tournament. The first and last time we represented our district and won. Full of Flying cross kicks that landed you on your side and double flying side kicks. The last day we did Wushu together.....

Tao, Tao's older brother and I had performed a crazy act, where Tao and I kept pretending to beat up Tao's older brother, but he kept getting back up. The judges were cheering, the crowd was laughing. Father was smiling. 

 

 

"Is your boyfriend that amazing?" I jumped at the sight of Sammie right next to me. I realized how stupid I must've looked, smiling in dreamland while Tao was cartwheeling in the air.

"Yah, he's not my boyfriend," I say, lightly hitting her arm. She still sits there smiling at me. I looked around the room. A lot of the other trainees had come in and were fascinated by Tao's flips. They were asking him to do it again and again. Tao was looking tired. I suddenly had the urge to do something. A kick, a flip, a spin, anything. I practiced Wushu now and then, alone at night, when no one was watching. I hadn't actually full-out practiced since Tao....

Well, I just wanted to see if I was at least on the same level as Tao. Not enough muscles to fight even someone like Baekhyun, but agile enough to spin in the air with such precision. I stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Asked Sammie.

 

I was a legend. A hidden legend. When my Father refused to teach me any more because I 'abused' my skills to get what I wanted and not peace, I begged his students to tell me everything he taught them. And when that didn't work, I walked all the way to the ZhangShan temple every morning before anyone else was awake, for six years, to receive training from a Wushu master who had long gray hair and lived at the temple for nearly five decades. By the time he had died, I had almost reached the same skill level as my own Father. 

 

I started walking towards Tao. Baekhyun and another EXO trainee- oh he had been here for a while, really tall, his low voice didn't match his cute face- Stop. Stop it, Miho. Concentrate. My eyes were closed. I breathed in. 

"Another flippy thing! The little spin in the air! Like sideways! Pleeease Tao!" They whined.

I breathed out.

And everything began to happen in slow motion.

I took one step with my right foot, a second step with my left and leaped into the air.

I was spinning. The sound of my feet slicing space and hitting my hand filled the room. 10 times louder then Tao's frontal kick.

I looked down at my feet, slowly falling into the correct position. Warmth filling me. It had been so easy. The bang from the collision of my shoe and my hand still filled the huge room. Then, the slow motion slowly left, and real time took over. I looked down at my feet again.

Tornado kicks are much louder than frontal kicks.

Especially if you accidently kicked someone on the way coming down.