The Kim's Business

These Exotic Dreamers

The flight had been pretty tiring with all the moving and carrying of your load. *Travelling alone? Pretty tiring.* You looked up and found the sky getting darker.

"That was a pretty long ride.." you mumbled as you continue to walk, "I'm rather glad I chose rubbershoes than high heels." you continued to yourself.

"It's that." Nami pointed on a red colored,  restaurant or barbeque place, rather.

"That's your house?" you mindlessly shrugged.

She chuckled. *Oh, dang it. What did I ask. That? A house! Aish.* You rolled your eyes, "So.. where is YOUR HOUSE located?" you emphasized the words YOUR HOUSE as you followed her.

"The house is not even near here or here, unnie! We'll go there later!" she winked.

"What? But..but the bags.."

"Don't worry! Appa has a car so we'll drive there effortlessly!"

You looked at her in continuous confusion, *What? Car? Where? Her father? Where? Then what are we doing here? Aren't we eating in their house?*



"Let's go in!" she shrieked playfully as both of you neared the spot. You looked up at the sign. "Kim's Restaurant?" you remembered what your dad said about the Kim's. "Oh--is this your---"

"YES! Welcome, SONG HYE MI, UNNIE! This is our business. The family Kim's business. Ah, I just get so happy everytime I come here! I mean..the food, our success, and money.. aigooo." she beamed nearer, dramatically.

*So, they really are doing well?* you nodded and scanned the place.

"Waddaya think?" she asks in a funny English manner.

You raised your eyebrows "Are you kidding?" you reply too, in English. "Why would you ask me that? We're not even inside yet." you pretend to laugh.

"Oh! AH. Yeah." she snapped, making you follow inside.

You entered the place and was immediately greeted by a teddy bear hug. *Who is it?* You were too fascinated with the place to see who lounged near you. He pulled back. You saw the happy and lovable man infront of you. "Oh, uncle-- I mean, ahjussi!" you grinned and bowed, "Good evening."

...







"So you've been really succesful, huh?" you looked around. There weren't many people around to occupy the whole place. There were obvious Koreans and groups of foreigners.

Nami nodded and gave you a menu. She then spoke, "It took us really good time and effort to make this place really outstanding.. well.. that's what the customers said." She winked.

"Woa.. barbeque paradise, huh?" you calmly expressed your feelings over the menu. "Daebak." you smirked and tried to choose but your uncle and some kitchen personnel already placed his options for you. "Eat well, Hyemi-ah!" he then hugged you by the side more.

"Ahjussi, I can't eat this all." you growled politely. He just smiled and motioned that you just eat whichever you want. Your little kind side then brightened.

"Ahjussi, why don't.. your staff just eat here? With us?" you politely asked.

His face lightened up, so did Nami's. "Aaah~ I never knew you were kind, unnie!" Nami peered truthfully. You rolled your eyes and met hers, "Don't fool yourself, Nami, I'm not." you sounded true but it was like a mature joke for them. *Aish, jinja?*

"Then, by my lovely niece Song Hye Mi's order.." Your uncle announced to the staff, "Let's all have a dinner here then!"

Their fists went up high in celebration as they thanked you with glistening eyes, there probably were  seven of them. You just smirked, "Ah, ani! Don't thank me. I won't even pay." you said shyly.




You all ate your food happily and ice cream was placed right after. "We also have a little ice
cream bar here, unnie." Nami proudly muttered but then frowned. "Aish, I wish Eomma was here!"


Right then and there, you remembered Mrs. Kim. "Oh, yea, right. Where is she?"

"I don't know.. probably, Japan, Philippines or China?" she looked at her dad. "Appa, where's Eomma now? she hissed. You went curious, *Why is ahjumma in some other countries?*

"She's still in Japan for some continuing of reports and repairs, she's going to Philippines in probably... two days." he answered after finishing his softdrinks.

Nami nodded, "We have three other branches, Hyemi unnie." she informed.

"Oh, is that why Ahjumma isn't here? To visit your branches?" you asked, a little bit interested of this family's business that's doing great even abroad.

"Yeah, she goes there every month. And she stays two days for each country." she nods and asks more of her ice cream and barbeque, that's probably why she's called 'chubby nami'.

"So every month, she's overseas for a week or more, incase of problems." Your uncle adds.

Nami then remembers something, "Oh and maybe by next, next, next, next, next next month..or uhm year, maybe.. we're going to have another one in Thailand or Singapore! Aigoo~ I'm so excited."

...

An hour and a half later you were all done eating and some Koreans or foreigners were already finished, going out.

Your cousin says you're going home in a few minutes, you just casually nod.

You glanced around and asked permission to go out, just to enjoy the night scenery out. You heard some talks from inside and you leaned through the entrance door, looking up at the sky. "I wish I'll be having a good life here." you muttered, tears started to roll down but you wiped it immediately.

"She looks cute."

"No, she looks scary. Like an evil doll or something."

"So she is a cutie Keke~"

"Yes, I mean what? Why?"

"Cuz you said she's a doll!"

"Heh- not all dolls are pretty, Minseok."

"Well yeah, Yixing. YOU'RE RIGGGHTT--"

You turned around to see two guys from inside that bumped you as they talk, causing you to loose balance but you managed to stay on the ground. "YAAAH!"



"Omo! So soooorry." a little and chubby guy appears near you, next to a slim but muscular one, both in gorgeous brown hairstyles and expensive-looking clothing.

"Are you crying?" one asks and you give your laser glares at them.

"You're lucky I didn't fall or I might have to..to.. ugh!" you then noted their gorgeous appearances so no words of threatening slipped from your mouth.

"Really, we're sorry, didn't you hear? We were just eating and we didn't know you were there." the one with the blue shirt tries to say it politely then smiles.

You rolled your eyes and went in, not wanting to be bothered any longer.

"I told you she's an evil doll." you heard one of them but didn't care to give them your attention more. *Hssh, evil or not, that was clearly your fault!!*


 

 


So you met ImA..con? Xing and Seok? ;)