Home

These Exotic Dreamers

 

Kris eyes rounded when he realized you were already nearing your supposed stop. He looked down and saw you peaceful in his… well, arms. Since four minutes ago, he found himself placing his left arm around you as you snuggled closer.

He stared at you.

You looked extra beautiful when you’re calm, especially when you, now, are in his hold, caring less for anything, which you already are doing: whether you’re grumpily awake or serenely asleep. That’s what Kris said. But you didn’t hear him.

Hesitantly, he shook you very, very gently: that you didn’t even mind the sudden shuddering. Kris looked at the outside view. *MUST. WAKE. HER. UP. But no, do it the Exo-U, emotionless way.*

“Song Hye Mi.” He once called. Little by little, your eyes opened harshly at his tone. Signs of the beautiful sunset can be seen above Xiumin: which was the other window.

You inhaled the rare, good-smelling scent. Your eyes shot wide open when you saw the familiar guy’s uniform in front of your eyes. VERY CLOSELY. You tried to look up but you had your face not anymore in Kris’ shoulders but in his chest.

Kris lowered and removed his arm on your back as you backed almost immediately after you called him. *Did I sound… oh, well—of course I should.*

The bus finally stopped its tracks. You sat straight and looked at Kris who avoided your eyes. “Go.” He said as you stood up. *Thanks for the favor.* You nodded and headed out the nearest exit as you swiftly swiped the card in your pockets.

Xiumin’s own eyes burst open as he felt the exit open, just when you already went down. “HYE MI!” He yelled. Kris glanced at him. “Home.” Kris mumbled. All the other elders and other students looked at him as they popped their heads up.

Lay elbowed him. “MIANHAE!!~ MIANHIDA!!~” Xiumin grinned, his tone still the same. His perfectly done eyebrows and bright teeth stood out. Everyone quickly smiled at him. “Ahuuu~ look at that little child, so cute!” “We should adopt him, Grandma!” They sat back, laughing.

Exo-U scoffed while Lay glared at Xiumin with his do-not-do-it-again eyes. Xiumin continued grinning and looked at Tao who crossed his arms. “Hey… I know that look…”

Tao pouted and pulled his arms closer to his hard chest.  “I HATE HOW EVERYONE THINKS YOU LOOK LIKE THE YOUNGEST AND CUTEST WHEN IT’S INTENDED TO BE ME!” He barked that the bus nearly stopped.

“Don’t fight! The kind driver hollered as he himself was surprised, including the passengers.

“Huang Zi Tao!” Lay and Xiumin chorused. Chen pretended to choke.

 

 

*Home, finally.* You opened the gates to your relatives’ house and made your way in. Before you could reach out for the doorknob, it twisted open. Revealing your young cousin who wore a cute pink-and-black kids’ dress. You gave her a suspicious look.

 

“I’ve prepared your dress, unnie!” She grabbed your hand and pulled you in. Leading you to your open bedroom. “Wait, what—“

“We’re gonna eat out because Umma is back!” She happily informed.

You sighed and sat on the bed. “Is that really necessary, hnn, Nami?” You took your backpack off and placed it aside.

She showed you what you should be wearing. “YES! YOU KNOW, UMMA.”

 

 

You eyed the dress. You never liked flowy and short,  showy pieces. “What?? You celebrate every time she arrives?” She pouted and thought. “Well, no. But… I just thought of bringing you there for dinner…so you can see her.”

“But I’m really, really tired. School was so—“ She sat beside you, forcing the dress to your arms. “Don’t worry! We’ll go home immediately after we eat and talk a little bit."

You eyed her calmly. “Look, I have to sleep well, Nami-ah. Anyway, I’ll get to see Ahjumma in the morning. I need lots of energy to store for tomorrow.”

“First day… was tiring?” She worriedly asked, and got back the dress, placing it in your closet. “You have no idea.”

You almost plopped yourself down the bed when Nami pulled you up. “Not changing? Or showering? Eating?”

“You won’t go to your Umma?”

“I have seen her a while ago, anyway. And you’re right. I just made up this plan… hehe~” She ran down. “I’ll prepare dinner!”

You nodded and went to the bathroom to give yourself a hot shower. Hopefully removing all this sticky build-up on your skin and hair.

As you touched your hair, you suddenly remembered Kris and the other boys. “The other five was sleeping…and he was the only one awake.” You felt a bit touched. *Thanks. But, I still don't like any of you...yet.*