Last Practices

These Exotic Dreamers

 

Yeonhee poked her head inside before you could try to enter; her eyes at once spotted the final practice of the queenkas who was glamorously present in stage. She also noticed Jessica went blonde, Sunny’s hair was dyed in an innovative yet attractive shade of black, and Tiffany’s hair was now red, and long. (Extensions, of course.) “Hyemi-ssi, it’s the girls!” She whispered as she turned to you.

 

You calmly nodded. You were used to her outlandishness and creepy, little and even big acts, but you didn’t give her a piece of your mind. You were ‘all right’ with her around. She, in fact, was sort-of-smarter than you even if she looks really clueless with or without glasses; she aids you by doing the harder tasks and weakly suggests anything that could be raised within your topic: May it be stage décor, theme, or speeches. Surprisingly, you liked how she was there and be of good use.

 

Later, you raised an eyebrow at her as she stood there idly for a few seconds. “Then what are you waiting for?” You said as you leveled with her façade that looked lost in a moment. “Lee Yeonhee.” You said; she blinked as she got back to her senses, realizing that she had been blocking the doorway for almost a minute now, blankly staring at nothing in particular.

 

“A-ah. Mianhae.” *I thought you didn’t approve of them being there. Or maybe I don’t like them being around…* She thought as she bowed and sidestepped for you to enter first: like a gentleman or a maid…rather.

 

And if ever you’ll ask Yeonhee’s side, she was strangely okay with it. As long as she was there, beside you, even if she looked like your follower, she enjoyed almost every second of it. She was more than willing to be of your side because with you, she felt like she was of use. In your heavenly aura, she senses her sister around. Even Kiseop, from what you heard. *They think highly of me. It’s… ah, really puzzling.* You sluggishly rolled your eyes.

 

You heard the chorus of a rather, unusual yet somewhat catchy Girls Generation song. *Wait, did they change their song?* You furrowed your eyebrows. Beire ssayo iseodo, naneun twinkle tiggana~ You listened to it before finally stepping in. *Then it’s still Twinkle? Good.* You weren’t actually around whenever they’d be onstage, practicing or discussing. You’d always come to the point of hating interacting with them because they made you feel so snubbed. Still, you never minded those operations of theirs.

 

You entered, completely ignoring the performance of the female seniors and headed to the group of teachers in a visible corner, passing the papers that you and Yeonhee exerted your hard work on. “Wah~ Very good! Daebak-ah! Very good!” A male teacher, Mr. Yong praised. The other educators and schoolmates admired how you two really put efforts for the planning. “Thank you for doing well, Yeonhee-ssi and Hyemi-ssi!” You smiled in content, while Yeonhee was shyly grinning like a fluffy (however, timid) puppy.

 

“Hn~ Sajangnim was so precise in putting you two as the directing students!” Ms. Gong, a sophomore adviser you were not familiar with, chuckled. The others did so, few of them even clapping. They were plenty of unrecognizable teachers that you didn’t fret on recognizing. You just quietly nodded and answered a few more questions.

 

“Hyemi-ssi,” a clever, woman’s voice called. “Nde?” You easily answered. “You’re actually good at these kinds of works. Why not be an arts student and debut as an idol? An actress, director or broadcasting staff, perhaps? Or who knows? Maybe a—”

 

“Mian, but I don’t like anything related to being widely known.” You unenthusiastically replied, impolitely cutting off the nagging Mrs. Kang. Some of them gulped and blinked at your directness and manners which wasn’t that rough in most times, they knew you were trying to be courteous but you get really irritated easily. They had realized it so they let it through. (Even if they were teachers.) Yeonhee awkwardly nodded as it was her turn to do responses and reactions.

 

Unknown to you: Sunny, Tiffany and of course, Jessica was watching you spitefully. They cruelly glared your back as they finished their last practice. But sure as how green-eyed they looked; they weren’t letting you be the ‘star’ for any other more occasions. No, they hella won’t.

 

The three watched your brown hair in hate. “How is she getting majority of the attention?” Sunny pouted with anger in her eyes. “I SO, SO, SOOOO, EXTREMELY DISLIKE HER.” Tiffany groaned as she pulled her hair in frustration. “We’ll think of something for her.” Jessica smirked as she walked down, and away from the stage. Her friends did too.

 

“Her?” Tiffany densely asked. “W-what do you mean?” Sunny hesitated, but she just had to. She had to ask. Tiffany looked at her in the eyes as if telling her to stop her feeble reactions to their leader. Jessica spun around and faced Sunny. “What- what?”

 

Sunny cleared before speaking. “W-were seniors… a-aren’t we supposed to be good models?  L-like what Sajangnim said y-yesterday?” She paused, looking at the ground, fear was truly written all over her face if someone just saw. “A-and what Tao oppa reminded m-me…” She softly spoke, worried for her life. *If we’re this bad, Mister Right won’t come to any of us. Andwae!*

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip and prepared for Jessica’s rightful, English rants. But when she tried to open , no words came out. Not even a letter came out. She sighed, disappointed and feeling desperate to grab the junior boys’ hearts. She felt doomed to failure with her lovelife; her own fantasies. Even though she had lines of suitors waiting for her and her and her friends, they never seemed to grab the attention of those that they found interesting. *Especially Lay and Kris.* She frowned, still looking classy. *She… hn, Sunny’s right.* She added in mind.

 

“Then…then… something else should work than being… being… unpleasant in everyone’s eyes.” Their leader declared, but her face showed how undecided she currently was. She still looked partly wicked, though. The other two determinedly nodded, they were sure Jessica felt really ashamed now. As she only shows the sad side of her to her friends, once in a blue moon. They partly weren’t used to it and partly cool with it; but seeing how Jessica really needed those guys and her big debut, they were more than sure to be behind her. (Even if that meant they looked like devotees.)

 


 

 

Your lips were tightly pursed; forming a straight line, as you sat yourself on a chair with the other teachers and Yeonhee. *What the he—Oh.* You become conscious on why everyone sat themselves in anticipation, Exo-N and Exo-U. Your eyes traveled to the nuisances who were heading the stage with pride (managing to still look irresistible – in Yeonhee’s eyes), as if really on bad terms with the other group. *Psh. Arrogance…good thing I don’t have that—oh, maybe I have.* You rolled your eyes and looked at the ulzzangs.

 

Almost in a flash, you met eyes with Kris. You found yourself actually boringly blinking at him. “What?” You strongly, yet lowly mumbled, or mouthed. He rolled his eyes as the music starts. “Wah~ wish they’d perform together though…” Yeonhee muttered as she sat next to me. “Shut up already. Enough of your murmurs. Michigesso?” I harshly told her off. She bit her lip and whacked herself, “Jeunggmal mianhida!”

 

*Epic intro… that’s like my alarm song. Sweet Nami. That’s on my head every morning.* You thought as you continued watching Luhan and Chen singing again. It was the third time you heard their strong vocals. The first one, from the ‘introductions’ which was actually short. Second, that day-you-can’t-remember and now.

 

Chen’s voice was so strong. It was a mixture of a husky tone and passionate singing. As if that song was really intended for someone. On the other hand, Luhan’s was more gentle and soft. Like the face he had. Even though you couldn’t understand Chinese at all, you somewhat knew the meaning. (*ehem* due to Exo-K’s Korean version.)

 

Seconds before the song ends, you caught Kris engaging in a phone call. He looked so agitated. *Isn’t he bothered already by being in the nuisances’ song? Oh c’mon.* You furrowed your eyebrows at him who seemed like he’s about to reason out something. Something that looked peculiar, anyway, you’d casually shrug it off.

 

‘What is Love’ in Chinese finally came to an end. Everyone except you started to clap, expressing their admiration and belief in them. “They’ll debut soon. They’ll debut. Assa!” Yeonhee mumbled between her cute puffing in and out of air.

 

“EXO-N and KRIS!” The teacher on the stage shouted. Kris immediately stood up. “I’m sorry I have something up.” He immediately spoke, you noticed how beads of sweat easily formed on his flashed forehead. *Mwoda?* “WHAT?” The other five chorused. “Hyung, what’s up?” Chen warily asked, Luhan’s eyebrows also asked the same. Kris sighed, what was he supposed to say? Onstage?

 

“Yah. This is the last practice.” Lay grunted. Tao obviously frowned. *Gege’s not rapping with me? ANDWE!* While Xiumin gave a depressed baozi expression. “What the hell Kris?” He softly spoke, but all six of them onstage heard it. Kris abruptly turned to them. “You can practice on your own. I’ll show up tomorrow.” He notified, bowed and left. Yes, leaving his fellows.

 

*WHAT’S WITH HIM?* You brusquely shot up and went out the door, spotting Kris still on the phone. You ran to him and tapped his back with the most dreaded expression on your face. He turned to you and ended the call. *He ended the call?—*

 

“WHAT?” He barked that you took a step back. He looked so tense, nervous and inwardly panicking. “Where are you going? You afraid to perform?” You chortled. And that was a very, very bad move. He lowered his face and leveled with your own eyes. His was burning and yours were challenging.

 

He shook his head. “No. I’m not. I HAVE MATTERS TO ATTEND.” He informed, his tone was cold but his shaking told you there was something going on that makes him so, so weak. “Oh.” You uneasily replied when you noticed the short gap between your faces. *Not good…* “Go then.” You looked away and pointed at the exit of the hallway with your chin.

 

You turned around as the air blew your hair in front of Kris’ face. Before you could trudge your way back, a pair of arms wrapped you from behind. It was obviously ‘the Kris’. The cold and emotionless ulzzangs, who awhile ago said, had matters to go. Your eyes widened at the contact. “K-kris? What on earth are you doing?” Your voice turned into a faint mumbling as you realized the atmosphere getting heavy.

 

Shrugging your shoulders, you tried to let go and hoped no one would witness the little drama going on. But the more you tried to get away from the backhug, the more he’d tighten it. “Seriously…” You stomped your feet and felt his chin on your right shoulder. “YAH. WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU—”

 

He calmed himself from emotions before cutting you off. “Just… wish me luck.” He whispered, it did send a few shivers down your vertebral column or whatever they call it. We should say system. You knew he was turning fragile. For him, he sounded pathetic. “Please…” “Why?” You curiously and carefully asked, slowly looking at Kris who actually bent down just to hug you. He buried his face on your peach-scented hair.

 

“My parents are back.” He inaudibly muttered. You grew really questioning and nosy now. *Something’s with him and his… oh, well, like me?* You thought and bit your lip before hesitantly turning around, and actually escaping Kris’ arms. You had the need to do something.

 

Before he could open his eyes, he felt you in front of him. You pulled a hanky from your skirt and wiped his forehead. You shortly hugged him and patted his hair. “Good luck.” You halfheartedly wished. *. I’m not good at dramas like this. Uh.* You rolled your eyes and pulled away. You gripped on both his arms and made him face the exit. “Go.” You halfly smiled before heading back to the auditorium.

 

“What did you just do, Song Hyemi?” You shook all thoughts off and doubled your steps, hearing ‘Two Moons’ Chinese version before entering the area. *They can practice without him. Really are on bad terms.*

 

He looked at the phone who rang. His dad and stepmom will be watching tomorrow. Instead of being nervous, he ce more to see your back with a loving smile. Kris smiled and the scene earlier replayed on his mind. Feeling contented. Never before was he comforted by a girl that he actually did appreciate. Well, there was once. His mom, only his mom. His mom who died in… “Thank you Hyemi. Thank you.”

 


 

(: this one is just made of rush! SO SORRY! thank you for subscribing!
LOLOLOVES YOU ALL! (/tired in school. be back on weekend.)