Before The Opening

These Exotic Dreamers
W-WARNING: Contains too many indescribable images. Read (and stare) at your own risk. Lols jk, happy reading~
 
 
 
It was seven in the evening. You didn’t even glance at your watch or anyone in the huge house as you resignedly went in. With a series of slow blinking, your hands reached for the railings of the stairs as you tiredly went up, walking past Nami who was busy with the music blasting through her headphones as she was fangirling to some kpop band’s song playing on her computer. You sighed as you entered your bedroom after a long day. For the past three days, you went home quite later than usual.
 
 
And to think, these days belonged to the first week. The friggin' first week. Just imagine the typical first week of any other schools: calm and smiling. Then yours? Oh hay no.
 
 
“I never knew that me going to Seoul High was cursed. Wow.” You said in disbelief, but your tone made that exclamatory word boring. “First week… has finally ended.” You continued as you sat on your bed and eventually lazed down. Your brain was unhurriedly processing everything you had done and been in.
 
The amazing-or-not first day…Tuesday… other days that spelled the words: irritating and stress... and tomorrow: the awaited opening.
 
 
Closing your eyes, you waited for the thoughts to completely take over. “The opening… after then...everything then… shall… hopefully… be back to normal. And by normal, I mean… typical normal.” You mumbled between calming and relieving breaths. Seconds later, Kris appeared. Your eyes shot wide open.
 
 
“Seriously? Him?” was all you could say as you looked up the clean ceiling.
 
 
You rolled your eyes and faced your right side where the door was seen, exposing the six gorgeous boys of Exo-K, trying to ignore that 'one' image in your mind. Slowly, your hands went up from your sides to your face, planning to fan yourself or wipe your sweat, but one hand stopped halfway when you felt something stuck on the upper part of your blazer near your namecloth and upper pockets.
 
 
Bringing it up in front of your face, you looked at that ‘something’: IAmAnIcon.
 
 
IAmAnIcon.
 
I Am An Icon.
 
 
“Hey, this is…” You blinked at it then sat straight up. Right, Kris’ pendant. *So it was 'I am an icon' huh? I saw this last time on the bus...* You furrowed your eyebrows at it, trying to examine it but failed, Kris' anime-like image was strongly taking over your brain. You stopped viewing it when you realized, “How’d it get on my blazer?”
 
 
And as what you had not projected, your mind pictured the unspoiled and unpredicted scene you and Kris were involved in. You thought about how it happened. To start, you had no idea on how rose up from your seat just to follow him. *Something’s wrong with me now…*
 
 
Your mind recalled how helpless he looked when you turned to him, facing the ulzzang’s face. He seemed to be in a weak position from that setting. Vulnerable, he really was when his eyes were kept closed, as if he was the mighty sleeping dragon...
 
 
Even when you insensitively wiped his gaunt but still perfect face with the clean hanky, his face softened as he felt you actually do something to calm him down, rather than scolding him for back-hugging you without permission. (You never appreciated skinship so much. Especially to strangers, and even, *ehem* relatives.)
 
 
You realized how unsympathetic you were when he said he’d be attending something. *I-I just blandly told him to go and he… hugged me? S-strange, right?* You pondered about how his whole body felt so overwrought and unusual that time. He was sweating in everyone’s eyes of course. But there was something about that specific phone call that made his skin on pins and needles.
 
 
“Parents.” You recalled what he had said. *Something up with him and his ‘rents?* You chewed on your upper lip as you thought about what could’ve happened after that scene. *He’s possibly fine now.* You sort of smiled, comforting your concerns.
 
 
Minutes later, you went to the bathroom to take a good shower before eating dinner with your second parents who already arrived at seven thirty. As you reached out your hand to open the doorknob to the bathroom, you found yourself staring at your right hand. You looked at your right palm and sighed, “Goodness gracious. Why did I even pat his hair?” UGH.
 
 
 
 
 
 
*White top, check. Black skirt, check. Files and folders, here. Fone, hm, here. Kaja, Song Hyemi?* After showering and shortly dressing up for the showcase with your hair casually dried and down, you went down and decided to have breakfast in the school’s café where Yeonhee said she would meet you.
 
 
“Kim Nami, no news about the rent thing yet—” Your eyes widened at her: your young cousin. *Who is this kid?*
 
 
 
 
She turned to you and brightly smiled. “Ohayo guzaimasu unnie! Do you like my attire?” Oversized shirt, black leggings, plan white slippers and a roundcap. In  pigtails. BLACK AND WHITE. *Is this her theme? PANDA? Oh gosh.* She never stopped smiling while looking at you who looks really gorgeous, natural or not. *Waaah! Unnie is so, so gorgeous! Why is she still single?* Nami *coughs* blindly *coughs* thought.
 
 
 
You raised a suspicious eyebrow at her. “Where... are you, perhaps, going?” You paused and transferred your eyes to your watch, “On a Saturday at early seven in the morning?” She didn’t reply, she was continuously smiling. *What the? TALK!* “Yah! Your classes are still on Monday, and your parents are still asleep… so tell me what’s with that?” You pointed at her clothes.
 
 
She sighed and looked at you with persuasive eyes, grabbing both of your moist hands. “Unnie~ take me with you…jebalyo!~ It's so boring here! I'm sure you're school is awesome!” She whispered. “W-what?” You looked at her, curious and furious. “Didn’t you tell me about the opening thing? Where you are the major staffer, along with a girl...ah...Lee...Lee Yu... Yuni?” She excitedly recalled. “I wanna go! PLEASE!!” She pleaded, in English.
 
 
You rolled your eyes. “Did you ask permission from Ahjumma and Ahjussi?” You coldly asked. “Ndeeh!! I did! I did yesterday!” She grinned. “You. Do. Not. Bother. Anyone. There. OKAY? Everyone will be busy. INCLUDING ME. Don’t act babyish there.” You reminded with a smirk, hoping she won’t continue her plans on going with you. Instead, she pouted and nodded.
 
 
You blowed an agitated sigh, “Kaja. Let’s eat breakfast in school. There's a cafe there. Do you have money?” She eagerly nodded and followed you. You turned to her before you could leave the house. *What on Earth is she wearing for the showcase? Ah, ara...*
 
 
 
 
“Unnie, neomu neomu noemu neomu yeppeo~” She cooed but you continued gazing at her with a monotone expression. *She's just like Lee Yeonhee, and those energy balls. HELP. On second thought, nevermind.*

 

“But… change your clothes first.” You ordered with a smirk. “W-wae? Do I look bad in these?” She furrowed her eyebrows at her own garments. You calmly shook your head. “Ani. It’s just… wear something else. Something… for a big event, at least.” You pointed out. She puffed her cheeks and raced up briskly after nodding. “Wait for me, unnie~” She yelled before entering her room.

 

“Mian. I won’t.” You muttered with the most calm facade, evilly smiling before taking fast steps out and riding a taxi nearby to arrive quicker. *Now there's one less nuisance.*

 

 

 


 
 

 

You looked up and around as you arrived at the doors of the cafe after a four-minute ride and a minute of walking. You finally walked faster, all thanks to today's silver flats.
 
 
You entered the same café from days ago. You spotted Yeonhee by the farthest table where she looked like she was sleeping with her feet up in another chair. “Yah,” you shortly greeted as you neared her table. She shot up and smiled like an idiot. “Annyeong~ Hyemi-ssi,” she beamed as she excitedly looking at you.
 
 
 
“Are you… feeling drowsy?” You gazed at her who never seemed to slim down. Still nerdy, pouty and actually pretty in a blue jeans outfit with a green beanie, you noticed she was also wearing a pigtail. *Not bad.* “Aniyo! I was just… er, playing around?” She cutely giggled and stood up. You nodded. “Are you…anticipating someone else?”
 
 
She shook her head with a pout, “Kiseop oppa’s busy. So is Kevin oppa...Soohyun oppa...er, and all of them...” She sadly spoke. You again, nodded. Not even a bit interested.
 
 
“Let’s eat?” You impatiently suggested. *I just wanted to start and end this showcase thing, man.* Being in the position you currently are, both of you decided to get orders together.
 
 
“I didn’t know other school concerns like this are open on weekends.” You honestly stated as you neared the counter which by the way, was a bit far from  Yeonhee’s chosen table. She nodded in agreement. “Me too. I guess it’s only when events are on.”
 

Seconds later, you opted for something satisfying but in a small amount. Sure, you wanted to have the energy to do this and that, however your mouth said something simple: “The basic breakfast. Without rice. Uhm, please.” You told the old lady. “Basic breakfast for you.” She nodded and wrote it down in some classic-looking notepad.

 
 
 
 
Your eyes moved on its own, now you were waiting for Yeonhee to say what she likes to eat. “The… the… that one! That fourth meal on the third board.” She happily spoke softly. You glanced at the food she was talking about and realized it was maybe thrice larger than yours. *Heck no.*
 
 
All done professionally, you made her realize about the food she chose, and you two ended up eating the same thing. Moments later, after a cup of velvety ice cream for sure, you two walked out and was greeted by mumbles of awe from boys. Yeonhee gasped when she stared at the little happening where the many boys were.

 

 

You normally blinked at the girl in reddish brown hair and extensions who were posing for the boys outside the cafe. Realizing she really is gorgeous, you just hoped an attitude that everyone dislikes will not ruin it. But heck no, there's no way their matters would even affect you.

 

Just, no.

 

You glanced back at Yeonhee whose eyes were shining in jealousy. *What a nice figure... and an outrageously flawless skin! Oh my goodness. That's really Tiffany Hwang? I wonder if I'd look good in red hair too?* She thought with a pout. Your forehead creased as you turned around and started to move out, to the auditorium of course. She noticed it and also went, obviously behind you.

 

“Is there an ongoing photoshoot that we, directors, do not know?” Yeonhee sighed and played with her jacket as she murmured words almost clearly since your ears were alert today. *She’s envious.* You sheepishly smiled and thought of her being in that occurrence instead of Tiffany Hwang. “Hn.” You wanted to guffaw because that will so not happen.

 

Before entering the auditorium, another little affair was going on in a far wall of the school fields. You squinted your eyes to get a better view of the female who was unquestionably stunning as well. It was no other than, Jessica Jung.

 

 

 

Lee Yeonhee was now a green-eyed monster: a chubby one. She was more than frowning and it’s not even unexplainable. “S-she’s..s-so pretty.” Her voice trailed off. You smirked. “She is.” She stared at you with eyes as around as saucers. “Y-you, H-Hyemi-ssi… think so?” She asked the obvious. I mean c’mon, who cannot think this girl, Jessica, isn’t way too attractive?

 

“Well,” you tried to answer but you thought of something else to give her own mentality. “You should stop being envious to these and that.” You calmly recommended. *You can be cute too, babo.*

 

You halfly-smiled as you at last entered the wow-so-luxurious-looking auditorium. Staff of all kinds were also getting inside. “Kaja.” You  exclaimed over your shoulders. Yeonhee nodded. “HWAITING! We can—” *Oooh.* Yeonhee’s mouth formed into an ‘O’ as she fixed her eyes on the figure in front of you two. *It’s Sunny this time, isn’t it?*

 

 

 

You knew it was Sunny Lee and her black, straightened hair so you just made your way to the right, not even bothering to look up at her. Yeonhee awkwardly gulped as Sunny glared at her, she then right away followed you. “D-dresseu? I didn’t know that—” “Shut up!” You lowly scolded. “Enough with your crazy antics. Let’s just go to the group we’re assigned in.” You watched her nod in terror. “N-nde! E-e-xo… N…and K-kris.” She stuttered and peeped over your shoulders. She spotted Xiumin.

 

“E-excuse me!” She softly called, you also spun around. The usual energy bun turned around with a smile. He first recognized you so he madly waved at your face. You strongly held his hand and put it back in place. “Where’s your team?” You scanned around, even the ulzzangs where there. Except for one. *Where’s Kris?* Your brain came up with that question. Thankfully, your vocal chords didn’t say it out loud.

 

 

He gave you a smiling head-tilt and shrug which was irresistible if you’d ask anyone except for the ulzzangs and Hyemi. You looked down and inwardly sighed, *Something’s terribly wrong with his parents. Kris didn’t even had his last practice and now…just for the really, really final rehearsals, he isn’t present?* You glumly thought.

 

 

 

                             -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                                                                                                                                              

 

this took me lots of time. *sigh in school*
okay. i am truly sorry that there are lots of cuts.
and that i am not updating quickly. apologies, everyone.
anyway, i hope this and the next, and next~ will make up for it.

(a-and for the poor Nami, well. hahahahahahaha. stay tuned. also more Krisus moments later, okay? and if there are typos, do tell me! this is half-edited, half im-lazy-hoho thing so yeah. excuse the unproffesionalism-ers. *frown*)

sorry, but your arguments are all invalid. Krease says shut up. muahahaha~
by the waysss, if you have suggestions, jot it down on the comment box. wants to hear from you!~

 

THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING! Leave your comments, friendseu~