Heavy Atmosphere

These Exotic Dreamers

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AfEN70KZ5c

[ A/N; This is part three /and more parts to come. Sorry, had to cut. Maybe the last would be part four for the lunch event. ^_^ ]

 

 

 

Girls gasped and all their systems were immediately jammed with envy and grudge.

“Wah! Seriously? She is the only girl provided with a nickname by the ulzzangs!” Tiffany informed with a gasp. Sunny quietly whined, hating you as much as she could while Jessica was flaming in the eyes. *Seriously? What do they find in that ‘thing’?*

“Can you all stop calling me mèimei?” You whispered with power in the eyes. Luhan wasn’t afraid of it, he was impatiently tugging on your wrist but you used all your might to make him stop and successfully you stayed on your footing.

He calmly turned around, raising his forever angelic eyes. “Sure, I can stop calling you that (mèimei) but you HAVE to go with US. Or must I ask the others to drag you to OUR big table? ”

You gritted your teeth in fury and shut your eyes closed. *Breathe Hye Mi. Relax. Chill. Calm down. Remember what you said earlier? Don’t mind, don’t care. So let’s just get over this, go there but don’t pay any dang attention, arraji? Good, good.*

Opening your eyes after three seconds, your face slightly backed as you saw Luhan study you with an unreadable expression, still holding your wrists. “Kaja?” He emotionlessly asked.  (kor: kaja=let’s go)

“Shen me?” You raised an eyebrow at him. He had to fake a cute laugh before pulling you along. (chi: shen me=what?)

As far as you could concentrate, girls were eyeing you and the six boys’ movements. It was as if you were feeling everyone in that canteen was mentally stabbing your back. They couldn’t believe how you made the ulzzangs and nuisances sit in the same table: even if it wasn’t your plan or intention. You didn’t even want it anyway.

NO ONE EVER MADE THE TWO GROUPS TOGETHER AFTER THE BIG FIGHT THAN YOU. Not even the teachers if they were to be grouped. Since high school started, everything amongst the two groups were to themselves.

The ulzzangs became cold, out ragingly smart and heartless from the looks. Whereas the so-called nuisances began to be the happiest and kindest rebels yet.

Yet you never knew that. What’s there to know? You’re this fresh fish that knows nothing about your fellow schoolmates and their histories since you came in as a Junior. No mouthing, no problem. Don’t mind, don’t care.

You weren’t even willing to be aware of anything else than studies. *I give up. They’ll drag me anyways, that will be more embarrassing. Why did I have to meet them in the first place? WHY WAS MY BAG—*

You managed to scan everyone on the table and their not-so-seeming presence.

As usual, the quiet ones remained in stillness. The nuisances however, brought lunch but they weren’t as happy as before. You were absent-minded, there, seated between Luhan and Chen. Kris was on another side of the rectangular table by himself, like the father of a certain home, in that table, and the other three were made to seat in front of you three.

The fine-looking men with you continued eating on their meals, as elegantly with you around. Their glances are always on you but they noticed that you felt really uncomfortable so they stopped doing so. *OW, SRSLY? YOU WEREN’T LIKE THIS YESTERDAY, YOU RICH BRATS! Wait, brats are rich? No? Hmm, okay.*

You leaned down like a hungry pig. You tried to eat as fast as you could, (aiming to finish before the nuisances arrive) but made sure you won’t choke. “Hye Mi.” Kris called. You glanced at him for a split second then went back to eating. That was very unlady-like of you but there was no reason for you to mind.

“Song Hye Mi.” He repeated, this time, louder.

A few students, again, turned their heads towards your table. Girls got even more suspicious about your profile and the diehard fans of Exo-U and Exo-N turned into green-eyed monsters. It wasn’t good. It never would feel good in your part.

…and it was only the second day of classes.

You gulped your food down and sat erectly, but your eyes never left your lunchbox. It was as if looking at Kris means the look of fatality for you, from everyone who watched your moves in their most judging ways. “What?” You responded.

“No one will steal your food.” He grimly scolded. Chen boringly nodded. “Yeah, why eat so disbelievingly fast?”  He knew you’ll not give an ear about their rants but this was part of the alleged plan. “I don’t see any race being held.” Luhan inserted.

*WHATEVER, WHATSOEVER.* You shortly nodded with a hint of rolling of eyeballs but didn’t take notice and continued until half was already along your digestive track.  *Just half more… more… you can do it, Hye Mi… eat!!—*

Kris managed to reach his hand out and gently gripped your right hand. You sighed and stopped, raising an eyebrow at his judging face. Not any more minding the annoyed students. “I said no food thief is around. Eat properly.” He repeated like the leader he is.

You only looked at him the calmest you can. Then a tilt of the head, you happened to get a sight of the irritants already nearing, headed by food-loving-it-shows-in-the-body Kim Minseok.

You smirked sarcastically, again turning to Kris. “I DOUBT THAT, NOW.” He let go of his grip and let you do whatever you wished. But still, there was the slightest concern present on his face. *She’ll never help nor understand with that attitude.*

“What were you talking about?” Xiumin grinned hesitantly. “About you being an evident food thief.” You plainly answered.

“HEY!” Xiumin scowled while everyone held their laughs. *This is new. The ulzzangs smiling? God, you’re joking right?* You curtly glanced at Luhan and Chen who looked delighted by the corner of your eyes as they show smiles.

*Joking around Minseok hyung…I always missed that.* Chen sadly thought. *I never saw him scowl like that since…urgh, forget it Luhan! This girl will never be a help.* Luhan argued with his now-unhappy brain. Kris could only show a poker face. He never fails to hide emotions around his comrades. Tough, he will always be.

“Nothing. Forget it.” You meanly smirked at him.

All of you started eating again as soon as Tao dug on to his tray. Xiumin did the same and Lay also cautiously ate, you caught him stealing a glance at Kris and the other eoljjangs. They felt very uncomfortable under the same part of ceiling. Same goes to the ulzzangs. As soon as all of you chowed down, no one uttered a word.

“Er, so… what do you want?” You had to break the ice. It was getting deadly silent.  “Just tell me what you need to say so I can get over this. Now.” You edgily continued.

“Why do you always want to get rid of us?” Lay mumbled in monotone. You blew a frustrated raspberry and ignored him, you looked at the others for possible reactions and responses.

*She has to find it out herself.* Kris thought as he uneasily looked around. Not one of his friends was answering.

“Well, jiějie—” “YAH.” You warned. He raised his hands in defeat. “Sorry, noona.” “Aish! TAO!” Lay elbowed him. “Uhm…sorry, Hye Mi.” He softly spoke. Your eyebrows rose in wonder. *They’re not anymore buggy, huh?*

“Why are you in section thirteen?” Chen bluntly asked, looking at Xiumin.

Xiumin froze for a little while but he came up with an answer. Well, a sarcastic one maybe because he still has the happy beam on his mouth. “Wow. Like any of you care.” He smirked.

You widened your eyes as you watched their eyes start to marvel in rage. Kris had stopped eating and bit by bit, all six of them had eyed someone. Xiumin and Chen, Kris and Lay then there goes Luhan and Tao. *Oooh, on a fight? COOL. But, what’s with them that needs me?*

As much as you could distinguish, you witnessed the atmosphere going rigid and murky. As if it was the real sky, it looked like it would rain. No, screw that. It looks like there's storm. Too heavy to be handled.

“Er… hello? May I ask what’s in the midst of the dreary ambiance?” You heavily sighed as none of them broke eye contact with their foes. “Is there an upcoming boxing fight, wrestling match or some kind of Mr. Seoul Arts High School that you’re participating and you need to clash—”

You slowly backed as you looked at them one by one with a composed and relaxed face that you had managed to maintain. They were all looking at you in disbelief. “WHAT’S WITH THE tedious FEEL—”

*Find it out yourself.* Chen grumpily said in mind. “Don’t be unwise.” Luhan boldly spat.