Better

These Exotic Dreamers

ROOMS FOR RENT
SPACY, COMPLETE (DISCUSSABLE) RESOURCES AND CONVENIENT TO LIVE IN.
       
 Inquire inside!  


 

After you and Nami had dinner, she helped you with the sign, (Simple, I know. Why bother with unnecessary decorations, anyway?) you immediately hung it on the gate. Nami clapped and beamed as she shortly went out to get a glimpse of it. Her smile was very evident under the moonlight. She was like a wild and hyper child who goes happy over the things that shouldn’t be bothered much about.

But take note: she has her manners, maybe even better and distinct than yours. 

*What a crazy relative of mine...* You gave her a long, twitched look before turning around. Just before you could enter the house, “Unnieee~!” She called with the normal level of voice. You nibbled on your lower lip, bothered by the way she calls before turning around. 

You grumpily marched towards her. “What is it this time?” You hissed. She pointed at the sign. “Wae?” You didn't bother to glance at it. “Can I put a ribbon above it?” She clasped her hands together and pleaded. “Whatever. Do what makes you happy.” You answered. “Jinjaaaa?” She entered the gate and hugged you before closing it. “Gomawo, unnie! You’re the best!” She winked and clung onto your right arm as you entered the house together. 

*She’s crazy, alright? It’s more than confirmed.* You thought as you entered your bedroom and prepared to sleep. You closed the door and looked up at the six handsome boys in your door. *I didn't even see any of you perform yet and you're invading my room? Agh.*

With a soft yawn, you sat on your bed and pulled the covers on your lap as you stretched your legs. You closed your eyes and a short flashback of happenings occupied your thoughts. Imagine how tiring school life would be with all the hushing, left and right. You opened your eyes and shook the thoughts off. “God… please, please make tomorrow better.” 

 


 

Waving, you bid good bye to your second family who all sent you to school. (For a reason you didn’t want to know; /since you don’t care, anyway.) When the car was out of sight, you immediately brought your hand down. You turned around and faced the school in front of your eyes, standing proud and all fine. *That ride had me talking so much with Ahjumma, good thing Nami saved me...hmmff!*

 You glanced at the silver watch on your left wrist and realized you will be really late if you act sloppily. So you walked in hurry, dodging all those other students who seemed to know you. 

Arriving there (at locker number 000-001, which was the first and second) with two minutes left, the lockers contained almost no students, just a few freshmen and some rebel-looking seniors who also went away. Everyone seemed to be on their rooms now. *And that means you should too, stupid!* With that, you sprinted your way to your locker. 

But as soon as you neared your locker, you lost your balance and started falling forward. Before you could fall flat on your face, a pair of hands strongly held your waist. “Goodness, you’re so predictable. I wonder how you’ll be without any aid.” Chen grunted. 

You gasped then sighed in relief, inwardly grateful that you didn’t smash your face on the cold floor. That would just be so awful! You stood straight and looked back, it was the ulzzangs. *I'm fine, okay?!* Chen was the one who helped you. You raised an eyebrow at him then looked at the others. Kris was his usual and Luhan’s devilish (and righteous) features were enough to humiliate you. 

Seeing them with unreadable faces, you abruptly turned to your locker and got all needed books as fast as you could handle, not even caring to put them in your backpack because you just planned of running with them in your arms and mentally slapped yourself for taking time to notice them. *No time…no time…faster!* 

Chen gawked at your back being so busy. Luhan smirked. “Do you know what you’re good at?” He paused, waiting for you to either turn around and do your usual glare or tell him to shut up and say ‘I know who I am, don’t remind me’, but you didn’t. “Being the clumsiest girl alive.” He mumbled. 

*Okay.* You didn’t care because it was somewhat true. You could’ve freaked out if they weren’t behind you. Not even looking at your watch, you knew you were really going to be late (and you don’t want that. /being late wasn’t your type). *Why didn’t I wake up earlier? AGH! I SO HATE THIS!!!* 

Gathering all the books in your arms, you shut your locker close and turned to go, not giving the ulzzangs a piece of your mind. “Hye Mi.” Chen called. “WHAT?? Can’t you see me rushing?? I’m going to be late!!” You screeched fast and loud and ce more when you felt the three of your books being removed from your hold by Luhan and Chen getting the remaining two. “What the—” 

Kris smoothly grabbed your right wrist and you four started running towards the higher class’ building. You, not being able to process properly the happenings, just went with Kris grip.

It was strong. It felt safe. Yet you were too panicked to even savor the little moment. Most importantly, in their actions were concern and hidden amusement towards you. 

“Won’t you be late too?” You asked at no one in particular, in between your breaths as you doubled your steps, continuing to cope with Kris’ pace. “Omoh. Is it… normal to… hear… you’re worried?” Luhan laughed while Chen smiled, approving of what his hyung thought. You rolled your eyes and saw your room. *Cht, whatever.* 

You stopped only two steps from the door, just before anyone could see you with the ulzzangs. They did too, but they were doing cool. You peeked at the door, Kris’ hands still on your wrist (as if he had no plan on letting go). Sighing, you knew the teacher didn’t arrive yet. 

A sea of relief seemed to wash you. You unknowingly leaned on the wall and tried to catch your breath, lifelessly staring at the three guys’ shoes. They were all watching you with wide eyes. “You… okay?” Kris asked monotonously. 

You slowly looked at them with boring, unresponsive eyes and noticed Kris’ hand was stretched towards you, or your wrist, rather. Your eyes went back down as you harshly removed your wrist from his gentle grasp.

With a last blow of heavy breathing, you stood straight. Your hands carefully grabbed your books from Chen and Luhan. You nodded at them. “Go. You should be practicing now.” You mumbled very fast, hoping they won’t hear.

 “Say it again?” Luhan chortled with the most irritating smirk you’ll ever see. You eyed him: as if telling him to never speak words of his own wisdom and sarcasm in front of your bare face. “Oh, you remembered?” Chen smugly smirked. You rolled your eyes and grumpily went in.

 

 

Knowing that the three nuisances were busy with practice, you were enjoying your time just learning the lessons which was a bit different that those in American schools. *This is better…so, so better.*

The class was rather peaceful too. There were more or less fifteen of you inside. Aside from the three boys not around, a few popular-looking ones were not present too. *Probably back-up dancers. Heh, what’s so interesting in that, anyway?* You dryly admitted in mind.

“The new students? Raise your hands.” The teacher called while you and Yeonhee did as told. “Do you need a tour? I mean, you’re new and—” “No. We’re fine.” You finished her with a small smile. 

“HUH?” Yeonhee was puzzled, she felt like she wanted a tour of the whole school but you raised an eyebrow at her. She misinterpreted it and thought you meant you could wander around, together. She grinned at you with thumb up. “Nde! We can make our way around! We’re okay.” She brightly beamed.

The teacher nodded and continued while some of your kind classmates smiled at you two.

*We? Oh no.* You nodded back and looked at Yeonhee from the corner of your eyes. *Oh, she’s a hundred fold better than those three pests! She can be tamed. While those three… I can’t even… ugh.*

 

  

Lunch came and you were determined not to enter the darned canteen. There was no way you’d screw this improved day, meeting the six guys. All your classmates were excitedly moving out, some wanting to see the chosen soon-to-be-idols practice, and most just for food. “Hye Mi-ssi!” Yeonhee shrieked. 

You looked up at her and wore your backpack. Standing up, you responded. “What?” “Annyeong~ Do you want to eat together?” “In the canteen? NO FREAKING WAY.” You turned to go but she spoke again. “B-but…” She sighed and went in front of you, “Please? I don’t have any—” “Friends? Me neither.” Shaking your head, you headed the door. “W-where are you eating then?” She stuttered, nervous of your replies. 

“UUUH, fine. Eat with me. In the field.” She clapped happily and planned to hug you but you lifted a warning hand up to her face. “Don’t touch me. We ARE NOTfriends.” She nodded like an innocent puppy, which looked cute by the way if you were paying attention to her features because you were insisting on your every rule. 

“Don’t get so close to me.” “Nde!” “Stop blabbering nonsense.” “Arasso!” “Do what makes me comfortable and okay. Meaning—” “I promise! I’ll be an obedient…classmate!” She kept on replying. 

You sighed before going to the field with her. *At least she’s a disciplined one. I hope I won’t get into mess with this geek. Good thing Ahjussi makes lunch for me.* 

 


 

 

A/N: Yeonhee and Nami... hnn, almost similar. Oh, and Krisus so sweet. /sorry no nuisances here^^
Thanks for the support! Er, sorry for the sign. I honestly didn't know what to do with it. Just felt like putting one. Hoho~
/xx.