Shopping in Seoul

These Exotic Dreamers

Nami has dragged you to probably, the fourth budget-friendly store around. "Unnie, what about there?" She's pointing again to another one.

You face her glumly. "I told you I'm not into these type of stores." you infrom her bluntly again.

"Uhmm..did you have a good sleep last night, unnie?" she flashes a big smile and trying to bring you along the fifth.

"Aw, come on!" You shrugged like a foreigner. "Don't change the topic here."

She pouts while you gather another set of critics, "Look, Kim Nami, the things that those and these kinds of stores sell aren't durable at all. In other words, LQ: low quality." you grumbled, pointing to the stores that you don't have your faith on.

"Not all, unnie. Not all." she replies but you only roll your eyes. "Let's check other good-looking, trusted stores, Nami." you said in your most pleading voice.

She sighs. "Fine, I give up. Where do you wanna go, unnie?" You smirk in victory and add, "Good. Plus I'm the one spending, Nami.. so you should follow."

"Arasso." she says, pouting. "But really.. did you get a good sleep?" she asks while you walk around to some expensive looking boutiques, in and out the mall.

"Don't think about it." you sounded stern.

"Wae?"

"Aish! I've been dreaming about these random maybe five or six boys that I don't even know." you pronounced, irritated. You then remembered the handkerchief that that Yixing guy and Minseok fattie left for you at their table. "For the evil doll's tears." That's what the handkerchief said. It had pen's ink on it. Obviously written for you.

*Ugh! They were watching me cry outside and even dared calling me evil doll? HOW UGLY.* You thought but what shocked you more, was that you took it and actually used it to wipe your wet face. Omo. Why? WAE? Waeyo?

"Handsome?" she asks and you realized you had been thinking of that little act of theirs. You had to admit, those boys snuggling up in Dreamland were made in heaven. "Neither one is recognizable." you replied.

"Hmm.. one of them.. is probably your destiny." she gives you a knowing smile.

You stopped and glared at her. "Mwo? You believe in those?"

She proudly smiles, "Of course! Everyone does!" You wave your finger infront of her nose, "Nuh-uh. Most of the population does not." She nods and doesn't argue with you. *Good girl.*

...

You scanned through the pages of your 'Tourist Guide Book' or whatever Nami calls it. "Aside from this Doota Mall, I'Park Mall and this mall, where are other famous places? I seem to forgot, I mean, I've been gone for a while. And that was when I was still a kid." you asked Nami.

"Number one tourist destination: Myeong-dong." You shake your head in slight disapproval.

"Hmm..Insa-dong? The street of Korean culture and crafts--"

"WHAT?? We're here for clothes, Kim Nami." she frowned but nodded.

"What about Namdaemun market?" she smiles but to you, it sounds hella boring.

"No. Another one." you demanded.

"Oh this! DONGDAEMUN MARKET." She reads loudly, "Comprehensive clothes shopping, from fabrics to accessories---"

"Let's just walk furthermore out." you suggested.

 


...
 



You were walking hastily with your new converses on and looked around for brands, you then spotted a tall and *Oh my gosh. Is he a witch?* muscular guy with ink-jet black hair posing for a picture infront of wall that probably says Gucci store.



You went nearer while Nami followed your shoes by the corner of her eyes while she reads something to herself:

"Hmm let's see what this little book has for info... oh here: Dongdaemun has every fashion item imaginable: fabric, clothes, accessories, and wedding goods. The newest fashion trends, along with the newest fabrics, often make their debut in the market. It is home to the largest clothing suppliers in Korea, and aspiring designers also come to here to hone and test their skills. Cheap and WOAH! WAIT WHAT IS THIS? Cheap and diverse clothes attract not just fashion leaders *EHEM* but also the average consumer--"

 

"Unnie.. were you listening?" she doubled her steps to catch up to you who was busily scanning around the store. *Why are there many people? GUCCI, eh?* You looked back to the same guy who bowed and thanked someone for taking his picture. *What is he? A tourist? SRSLY? Gucci?*

He went nearer and finally entered the shop. You were beside the glass door so you found his face nearer, a smile growed on his tired-looking face as he looked for something to buy. *He doesn't look.. Korean.. at all. EHH, why would Song Hye Mi care??*

Nami entered. "New arrivals, eh?" she grinned and asked if you were to buy something.

"Really?" you nodded. *So that's why there's a crowd? Because of new arrivals display?* You shook your head in an answer of no and prepared to stroll around the other boutiques near it.

Nami already went out while you caught a little glimpse at a bag, Gucci of course. "This one looks fine." you smiled at it but before you could touch it, a short, high-heeled (heh funny I know. must be so tiny without heels) and rich-looking brat went over.

You looked at her in annoyance as she gets and scans it with her lined eyes. *Oh please!!* You rolled your eyes and moved away to get out of the place. When..

"Hey." she taps your shoulder.

You spun around and faced her, you looked down since she was really short for your view. "DON'T YOU ROLL YOUR EYES ON ME OR GLARE AT ME LIKE THAT! YOU DON'T KNOW ME, GIRL." she hisses, but loud enough that it catches half of the customer's attention.

Eyes landed on the two of you, you felt a tinge of disappointment and slight anger ringing up your head. *My goodness, what have I got myself into? Who does she think she is? I don't even know her.*

"MWO?" you answered. "I'm really sorry but I don't know you." you tried to go to Nami who was already waiting outside for you, still reading her guide book and that's the reason why she wasn't able to notice you and your little dilemma.

You didn't know how to act around. You wouldn't want to get into a fight in this store nor do you want to embarrass your precious name.

She grips your arm strongly as you went to face the exit, "Oaww." you hiss in pain. Her nails were shooting like daggers, and you struggling made it even worse. "I'm not talking about names--I'm saying that you shouldn't---"

"She's a tourist. Don't act wild like that." The girl quickly lets go of her grip on you as the witch----no upclose---hmmm----let's say he is a panda----a drop dead gorgeous one with eyeliner on, removes her furious hands on your arm. *He's not a tourist?*

You looked down to see a mixture of pink and purple around. *Dang! That hold was insanely tight! WHAT DID I EVER DO TO THIS ONE?* You tried to hold back all your outbursts and just glare at the same girl who acted cute infront of the one that helped you.

"Omfhh." you bit your lip as you watched the marks made, both by her fingers and nails. *AM I CURSED AT TIMES THEN GUYS JUST COME AROUND TO HELP?*

"Are you related?" she smiles as the guy hesitatingly nods and she adds, "Oh, I'm so sorry Zitao oppa. I didn't know you were there." Your eyes rounded, curious as ever. *ZITAO? IS THAT A FREAKING NAME?*

"Don't do it again." She nods cheerfully and grabs the same bag you looked at, "Do you think it fits me, oppa?" She beams nearer and stares at you, giving you that GO-AWAY-ALREADY look. *EW. Why am I watching this whole movie scene of a..uh.. a piglet and a.. panda? Uh.*

"Uhm." you poke his' shirt and he turns around, only to see your sweating face and that mark left from the grip. *Oh, those nails must've hurt.* he also noticed the deeper marks. "Thanks." you bowed and left.

"Nami-ah, let's go." you hurriedly tugged on her shirt.

"O-o-ooh." She ran with you, still reading that guide as if she's the tourist here. "Seriously! What do you find fascinating with that book?"

"It's the first time I've read something like this, unnie!" she grinned.

You then pushed her infront, she looked at you then went back to her business. "Wait. I'll just fix my shoes." Her back was facing you. "Kay."

You fixed your shoelaces timidly when you felt someone's presence infront of you. *I GIVE UP! I REALLY AM UNDER A SPELL OF ETERNAL DOOM.*

That someone also bend down, as a girl, you felt really scared and closed your eyes. *A ERT??? IN BROAD DAYLIGHT??? NO!!* You were shaking. He started to hold onto your arm.

Your teeth dragged down your lower lip, you were ready to scream when a texture of cold cream or balm was dabbed around that spot: your earlier mark.

"Who is it?" you gritted your teeth and tried to be calm, eyes still shut.

"Me." he hushed.

"Me who?"

He giggled. "Why so scared?"

You started biting your lips randomly that by one time you hurt yourself. *Oo. My lips.* You opened your eyes.

You slowly looked at the whoever-it-is and instantly met his gaze. *Gosh, those eyes. So..enticing. Omygohlly, Hyemi. What's with you?* He smiled, not his best smile but an assuring one. "Hi." He greets and goes back to your mark.

You looked at what he was doing. "It's the least I can do. Sorry for her behavior." he says as he soothingly massages that spot with the cold and relaxing cream.

You stupidly gaped at him. "Is she your girlfriend?"

"Never will be. She's just a classmate." you smirked. "Of course, I don't think anyone as hot as you would be paired to that--" you looked away and cleared your throat.

"I'm hot?" he says in a husky voice."I heard it, miss."

"Look, kungtao or siopao, whatever your name is." he chuckled at you lowly, making it look even cuter. You glared the best you can at him, and pushed him back but his balance was way perfect. "YAH." You threatened in your most firm voice.

He laughs at your attempts. "It's Zi--"

"I don't care." you stood up and felt the greasiness of the cream still on your arm. "What the hell is this?" you murmured. He stood up because his ears caught what you said.

"At least be thankful." He grabbed your arm carefully and started it, making it slightly disappear in a soft shade of dirty white. "It will at least reduce the--"

 

"I get it." you boringly said, knowing his acts.

Before you could leave first he casually sighed and nodded as he was satisfied, then lets go of your arm. You reached out his shoulder, "Thank you..very much." His face then went straight and tapped your head as if you were some younger sister or his. "Good girl." he winked and left.

"Wut. Da. Hell. I- I also said that earlier to Nami..didn't I?" you muttered and watched him left.

Nami turned around after an eternity of seconds. She finally puts the guide book in her bag. She caughts you following the trails of someone. "Unnie!" she nudges.

"Ah, oh." you shake your head and stared at his treatment.

She never notices anything wrong but she asks, "Do you want to go home?"

"Ani. Let's look around more." you started walking beside your cousin. This time, more careful and watchful.

You smiled, *I've met.. four boys who helped me, huh? So? It's just coincidence.* You smoothed your face and shrugged the thoughts off.

 

 

- - o - -
Hmm. Siopao? Haha. Cool.
You meets Huang Zi Tao, eh? ;3