Jiějie

These Exotic Dreamers

 

Chen rubbed the back of his neck. Feeling a bit ashame of their ways, gazing at you until you disappear out of sight. To the canteen, perhaps.“Duizhang, should we provide her an explanation? I mean, she’s just going to walk out like that? She doesn’t understand—”

“We will when she’ll pay attention. As what the old man said. It will go according to plan.” Kris sighed, understanding Chen but also getting your side. *I now know why the old man had to elaborate things in a funny way. This is going to be harder than I believed.*

“…in other words when she’ll care.” Luhan suggested.

 



 

 

 

Luhan rolled his eyes and his team watched the four of you start to expose another interesting act in the canteen. Their table was on the farther right of yours. This time, you chose a small one, in the outcasts’ corner. Fit for two to three persons to be exact.

“妹妹!” Xiumin yelled from the door. He waved: at you. You didn’t look up or at him. You stared at your bag and pulled something out of it.

Sure, you knew it was the chubby’s voice, but hearing ‘mèimei’from his mouth sounded like it wasn’t you. Well, even if it was meant for you, same thing happens; you won’t look at him to give notice.

You opened the fresh, still-hot box your Ahjussi had set for you. It made you smile but that pretty smile vanished as soon as you saw Tao cross his arms on his strong chest with a sad expression. *He looks cute—wait what? WHAT DID YOU THINK HYE MI? He wasn’t even like this when you first saw him!*

You shook your head and focused on the meat Ahjussi cooked. “Eat well Hye-Mi-ah~ You don’t want to get sick. None of us wants sickness, gurae?” You still remember your aunt’s reminders. *Ahjumma sure changed. BUT SHE’S STILL ORDERS AROUND AND IS BOSSY.* You sighed, as you considered her further instructions.

“Since the house is exceptionally big, and there are only three of you living around, well, four if I’m around which is almost certainly not at all time: make an attractive sign saying the three huge rooms on the same floor as yours are for rent. MAKE IT INVITING. Then if anyone inquires, show them around. You know how to talk, right, Hye Mi?” Kim Miyoung boasted, announced, ordered and asked at the same time.

You glanced at Kim Yongbae who looked at you too with an approving nod. You smiled and answered: “Of course—”

“By renting talk, that means business talk: TALKING WITH POSSIBLE CUSTOMERS. You can do that, can't you?” She coldly looked at you.

You gulped and glanced at Nami’s sorry expression. While your Ahjussi started eating his meal too. “N-neh. A-arasso.” (Yes. I get it. / Of course. I understand.)

She grinned and handed you the ledger she was working with. “I have more to tell.”

You pressed your lips in dismay and stared at her blankly. You hesitantly nodded for her to do what she wishes. “Tell them there are comfort rooms inside, they can use the kitchen as well, the living room, and that they can feel at home. Most specially, discuss with them the payments. Here, take this ledger. Everything is written. Study it and follow all the things in those clean pages. ALSO, MAKE SURE THEY ARE TRUSTWORTHY MEN—”

You stopped Ahjumma from speaking in your mind and angrily huffed inwardly. *Men? LIKE GROWN UP GUYS? Dang, don’ t tell me she’ll make me converse with unknown people and make me be all polite and concerned. AHH! I’m going michin.* (kor: michin = crazy)

Shrugging earlier thoughts off, you raised the spoon up to your mouth’s level, your lips began to part as you were about to eat.

“姊姊!” Tao whined. You accidently bit your lower lip. You brought down the spoon but on your left hand, there was still the fork. You stood straight up to meet Tao’s frame. Of course, you still had to look up a bit. TALL, he still is. Standing beside him was the smiling Lay and grinning Xiumin.

You noticed all of them had cheek fats. Yes, Zhang Yixing had subtle ones and Huang Zi Tao’s can be sighted when he does bbuing bbuing. Well, Xiumin’s is actually perceptible enough. *NO TIME! NO TIME! GET OVER WITH THIS QUICKLY!*

People stopped moving and eating around to watch the outcast’s corner with interest. There was never a time when a scene was made in that specific area, especially with popular dudes. The queenkas happened to pass by, also halting their heels to look at you with the nuisances.

“Girl. That newbie freak is going to be the talk of town for the second day!” Tiffany grunted.

Sunny’s frown went obvious. “…and the nuisances are on section thirteen! GAH I HATE THAT NEWS, EONNI! I wished we were classmates with Oppa~ and he won’t even let us call oppa because we’re older. Naaa~” She whined like the child she is.

Tiffany replied, bothered. “I KNOOOOW.” *The pros and cons of being a sunbae.*

“Gotta hate her.” Jessica irritably gushed as she turned to Sunny. “Soonkyu! Make plans!” She ordered, determined as Tiffany secretly nodded. “Eonni~ we made agreements not to call each other by our Korean names!” She pouted, Tiffany nodded, again. Jessica rolled her eyes. “RIIIGHTTT. Forgot. Mian!” Sunny saluted but continued to watch the upcoming roar of yours. The other two also did the same.

“You! Did you do a research on my birthday?” You calmly asked, facing Lay whose smile went gone. “M-me?” He squeaked.

“Yah. What’s with you calling me older sister?” You raised your eyebrows at Tao, and not to mention, your voice did too. Then at Xiumin. “And you? Why are you calling me your younger sister? ARE WE, IN ANY WAY RELATED? Did you ever hear me call you gēge?” Before they could utter words again, you heartlessly interrupted. “No. Not. And Never.”

The Korean students around failed to recognize such words. Some kind of got it correct. Exo-N and Exo-U ‘s jaws fell open. *SHE UNDERSTANDS?* “There’s probably more to expect.” Chen smiled skeptically at you.

 

 

 

 

 

Since this is only part one, it is...to be continued.