Directing Majors

These Exotic Dreamers

 

 

“HYEMI! YEONHEE!” One teacher joyfully called, motioning both of her hands for you and Yeonhee to come nearer. Yeonhee awkwardly nodded but she managed to bow courteously as she walked to her. While you just kept a nonchalant, unpleased face. Kris saw you being sort of impolite to the kind teacher. He smirked before walking back to you.

 

Kris pushed you towards the teacher then he went back to his group. You brought lazy steps toward her to be closer, Yeonhee beside. “Sosaengnim, what will we be doing here?” Yeonhee asked as she shifted her eyes from you to the teacher who seemed to be in her early thirties. Yeonhee’s voice was too soft that you dreaded hearing it out.  You rolled your eyes and looked at the teacher straight in the eyes. “Why was I called? I know I’m not an arts student.” You informed in a low yet sort of trying tone.

 

She smiled in surprise before speaking. “Oh! You… you’re not an arts student?” You looked at her as if saying ‘I-already-said-so’ in your eyes. She frowned. “Hmmmm… don’t worry! Just for the opening… well, actually, you can’t say no because Sajangnim told us you should be a part of the directing staff.” She happily notified.

 

You pondered about her statement for awhile. You slyly smiled.“Do I get credits for this? I mean, additional—” “YES YOU WILL! THE TWO OF YOU WILL!” She beamed. *What kind of teacher is this? SO HYPER!* You annoyingly thought. “W-what about me?” Yeonhee asked. “I-I’m…” “What you? YOU’RE AN ARTS STUDENT, YEONHEE! Do you or do you not remember?” She technically screamed at her face then winked.

 

*Yeonhee has talents? Hm.* You and her slowly nodded. “At least it’s not being a slave.” You muttered.

 

 


 

THURSDAY MORNING:
(Fast forward. Sorry. What? Okay, my apology is accepted. Thanks!)

 

 

Yeonhee lightly jumped as she saw the countless staffers and specified art students filling in the auditorium where you were assigned to do something. She spotted both Exo-N and Exo-U while you focused on the people onstage. “OKAY! LET’S START PRACTICING AND PREPARING FOR EVERYTHING NOW!” Another teacher shouted. “Eo-eotteokae?” Yeonhee bit her lip nervously.

 

On the stage, you saw Tiffany, Jessica and Sunny practicing to some Lady-Marmalade-kind-of-like-song. You couldn’t deny that they were moving and doing well; Tiffany looked really into the catchy song and theme, you noticed she had good, strong vocals while Jessica looked like a princess from her left profile (with makeup), and singing her soothing and unexplainable singing voice. Meanwhile, Sunny was trying on heels as she looked at the choreographer. *Hah. Poor shorty.* A smirk appeared on your face. *Hell no, that’s just mean, Hyemi—hah, so what?*

 

The teacher tapped her feet impatiently; staring at Sunny too as she followed what caused your smirk. “LEE SOONKYU-SSI!” She politely called. Sunny slowly turned to her. “Please practice first. It’s not yet the opening. No need to fret about the clothes and makeup. Please!” She pleaded. Sunny hesitantly nodded, cursing that teacher inwardly for catching majority of the student’s attention. Before going back to her practice, she saw you and smirked. *The hell?* You thought.

 

She turned around and elbowed Tiffany, who was now looking at you in her gold-lined eyes. You attentively furrowed your eyebrows at her. Tiffany shortly nudged at Jessica who dramatically spun around with her curled locks to see you, down, where the audience would be seated. “Ohh. Hi.” She flashed an unwanted smile.

 

*What is she up to?* You lifted an annoyed eyebrow at her. “Say...what are two obscure juniors of this school doing down there?” Jessica harshly told off: her friends meanly smiling at their leader's words.*Obscure? I understand. I’m unclear in an observable way.* You gritted your teeth but your face showed nothing in response.

Everyone then stopped as they heard Jessica. Clearly. Members of both Exo-U and Exo-N were watching with attentive eyes. “Kris gege! Did you hear that?” Chen lowly grunted as he faced Kris who seemed to be fine with it. “Of course he did.” Luhan replied, instead.

Yeonhee's eyes widened as her ears heard what Jessica said. She abruptly turned to you who shockingly appeared undisturbed. “H-Hyemi-sssi…” she inadequately whispered. You were as composed as the sea on a sunny day being hit by the soft whispers of the wind but inside, you were storming waves around, drowning the so-called queens in mind, hmm, hopefully. You met eyes with her before responding to Jessica. *Wait...Did she smile at me? I SAW HER LIPS CURVED!* Yeonhee thought.

 

“Didn’t you hear the announcement yesterday?” You focused on Jessica as you asked her mockingly. “What?” Tiffany and Sunny together asked, their mood was ready to belittle you. *Oh goodness, these inarticulate pretty ladies.* You mentally facepalmed yourself for them. “Lee Yeonhee.” You coldly commanded. She gulped before voicing out. “W-we’re part of the directing staff… w-we… are the major directing staffers…” She muttered inaudibly as she looked down, as if talking to her shoes. *The queenkas will roast me! Eotteokae?* She bit her lip in terror.

 

“MAJOR STAFF?” The three of them evilly laughed. “Who are you kidding?”  Tiffany’s lips curled, threatening to cackle some more. “You… You two? HAH!” Jessica rowdily insulted. “Who said so?” Sunny smirked as she hi-fived Tiffany. You clenched your left fist which was out of view, ready to bark back when an old voice answered for you. “I DID.” He stated.

 

You all turned to him. It was the respected Lee Soo Man. You all bowed to him as he arrived in his usual formal clothes. You spun around to see the three queens looking unusually petrified. “J-jeosunghamnida!” They stuttered and went back to practice after bowing for like forever. Disgraced, they really were. You smirked before your eyes went back to the papers the teachers gave you.

 

“Hye-mi-ah, Yeonhee-ah!” The director cheerfully greeted. You and Yeonhee once again bowed to him. Yeonhee was smiling widely while you, as usual, only a bit. “Sajangnim…” You started in the most respectful voice you could use. “Can I ask… why us?” You continued in a soft voice. “Hmmm… why not?” He lightly laughed and that image shortly reminded you of your father. *Why do I see my father in almost everyone now?* You enjoyed the sight of the President laughing that you giggled along.

 

Yeonhee was confused, but she giggled along anyway. *Minji-ah, Kiseop oppa… I think I’m starting to like here.*

 

Kris and Lay, the two who had the biggest issues with each other from afar, were watching you with admiring eyes as they followed their own teams. *Her giggles. Her smiles…* They both thought before proceeding to the stage.

 

 


 

 

FRIDAY AFTERNOON:
(Because I like to fast forward. Because I can. Lol, arrogant. Problem? No? Okay, let’s go!)

 

 

After a lunch of beef fried rice and chocolate cake for dessert with Yeonhee at the usual spot where no one else was visible, you inhaled the fresh air in the fields. You opened your bag and found the cold bottled water Tao provided you before lunch break. *That panda…really…* Drinking it, you scanned around and listened to the quiet surroundings.

 

Earlier, you listened, nodded and rolled your eyes to the countless stories she’d share. From her sister, which you realized you had not knew the name yet, to Kiseop and how close she was with the U-Kiss idols especially their maknae. And most of the time, she never ends the talk without something about the nuisances and ulzzangs. Yeonhee widely grinned as she caressed her sister’s ring. “Now I know why Minji-ah idolized them…” she whispered as she closed her eyes.

 

“Did you see how focused, talented and strong-minded they were, Hyemi-ssi?” She sighed. “I wonder why they aren’t debuting yet… I mean, Lay opp—Lay, and the other nuisances are so good! WHAT MORE, THE ULZZANGS? Ah~” She puffed air into her cheeks. *She looks like an ulzzangs if not for her body.* “Maybe because they’re split? Hn, no.” She spoke and you didn’t bother reply, like how you always do. Instead, your eyes caught what she whispered earlier.

 

“Minji? That’s her name?” You raised an eyebrow as your back leaned against the warm bench. She chuckled, eyes still closed. “I didn’t tell you about her name yet, right? Well…” She opened her eyes and faced you. *What now?* “There’s a story behind that cute name she’s given! Aigoo~ I still remember!!” She cheered as she clasped her hands. You slammed your eyes close and felt the friendly breeze on your face.

 

“No.” You ordered. “Mianhae, a-arasso.” She pouted and fixed her things, tossing her lunchbox inside her bag and drinking her own water. The six guys crossed your mind. You remembered how they put so much effort in everything. From moves to their singing, and ehem, rapping.

 

Kris and Tao’s rapping voice constantly repeated in your mind and you recalled how swift and cool Lay and Xiumin moves and still act heavenly at the same time.  Seconds after, you recalled the high notes Chen and Luhan sang. *They’re really talented.*

 

The two gorgeous rappers who seemed to be in good terms even though in different groups would be rapping a Chinese version of ‘Two Moon’s while Lay and Xiumin danced to it. Luhan and Chen would again, sing to ‘What is Love?’, Chinese version. *I guess it’s to be anticipated, then.* You found yourself concerning them bit by bit as the week passed, and tomorrow was finally the opening. As for the queenkas, well, you don’t really care and you could have also wished they’d trip on their heels and slip on the floor.

 

*It's tomorrow, finally.* You blowed a raspberry and held onto the straps of your backpack before entering the auditorium once again for the last sets of practice with Yeonhee.

  


 

/thank you all for forty subscribers and waiting!
please leave your comments
~
-busy with school *sobs*