Exo-K

These Exotic Dreamers

 


“Tomorrow is finally Monday.” You sighed after praying that everything will go alright. You were hoping of no bullies and annoying insects sticking to you around. *Eh? Why would there be people around me? I’m not even beautiful or highly talented.* You mumbled humbly while pulling the blanket up to cover your body.

The door slowly opened. “Oh? Who is it?” you your lamp and looked at the clock, it was twelve minutes after eight o’clock.

“Unnie!” someone from the door hisses. You recognized that someone is Nami. It can’t be anyone else. Only one person in this house calls you Unnie.

“Oh, wae?” you answered, still lying on the bed.

“Can I enter?” she hisses louder, sounding like a creep.

You rolled your eyes, quite annoyed. You sat up and decide to go to her.

“Yah.” You poked your head through the opened space of the door. “I have classes—no, first day of classes for me, tomorrow Kim Nami. Remember?”

forms into an ‘O’ then a frown. “Ah, I forgot.”

“When are your classes starting, Nami?”

"In a week.” She frowns even more.

“Why? What do you want?” you boringly said, leaning against the door frame, opening the door wider.

“I just wanted to talk about these—I mean, them.” She replies hopefully while passing a set of pictures to you. There were maybe twenty or thirty of them, in different sizes.

You reached for it. “THEM?” She nods and you set your eyes on the first then the next and the third sinece you were lazy to look at more. There were six incredibly gorgeous males on each.



She beams nearer, her frown turns into a grin. “Handsome, nde?”



You gulped. *I didn’t know she could recognize handsome at her age.* You stare at her, “You are a fan of these guys? Well, I’m pretty sure they are kpop idols. Each of them look like one.”

“They’re called Exo-K!” she happily chirped and starts talking about Exo-K merrily. You gladly listened, not wanting to offend her and also a little bit interested.

“Exo-K? Are they new?” you spoke but continued, “Well, I’m pretty sure they are.”

She flashes a quick eyesmile in an answer of yes.

She then starts pointing on random places. In an order she wants or meh, just probably feels. “So this is Byun Baekhyun!” she starts in a low, breathy voice while pointing to one with lined eyes. “He’s so angelic, unnie!”

“BUN BACON? Don’t joke around—“

“Ani!” She laughs. “BYUN BAEK HYUN.” She repeats louder. “He is the lead vocalist.”

“Oh. Baek..hyun.” You nodded in your poker face, a little embarrassed.

She then continues. “Kim Joon Myun: Exo-K’s smiley leader and lead vocalist too. But his stage name is Suho.”

“Leader. Suho.” You repeated.

“Then this is Do Kyung Soo or D.O. He’s the main vocalist.”

You smiled while nodding, “I can tell they have good voices.” You pondered, *Aside from appearances.*

“JINJA? GURAEYO!” she peered excitingly. (jinja=really ; guraeyo=that’s right)

“Now.. to the vocalist and dancers! This one is Oh Se Hoon or Sehun. He’s the maknae!” she proudly informs.

“Everyone in there can look like a maknae.” You smirked sarcastically.

“Nde, you’re right. Oh, here! This is Kim Jong In. Also known as Kai.”

“Kai?” Your eyebrows trailed up a little as she points on one of the pictures where Kai had no shirt on. *He has a good body.*

“Yeah.  He’s the main... like.. MAIN, MAIN DANCER.” She exaggerates.

“What do you mean… main like main, main dancer?” You asked with your eyes settled on her acts.

“He’s like the center of Exo-K. He’s like the… hmmm… the... image?” she responds, unsure. “I don’t know, but he’s the guy that screams Exo-K all over his face… well yeah, main person for short.”

You nodded, still flabbergasted with her explanations.

“There’s still one, Nami.”

“OH, yeah. That one is always at the back.” She sadly sighs, dramatically. “Park Chanyeol. He’s the best when it comes to rapping!” She winks. “He’s the main rapper and he stands 185 inches tall.”

“He’s the tallest?” you stupidly asked.

“Of course! He can be clearly seen even though he’s behind Kai oppa.”

You tilted your head left and right. “Right.”


You then remembered someone. Someone who’s surely taller than Park Chanyeol. *That guy who helped me in the bus…* a soft smile formed on your face.


“He’s also insanely dorky and funny! I mean, everyone is, I guess! Except for leader oppa and maknae oppa.” This time, she giggles then she turned to you, snapping out of her thoughts. “Do you have groups that you like unnie?”

“Well, yeah. I’m into Kpop but I’m not all obsessed with idols and whatever.” You answered truthfully.

She pouts and understandingly nods. “Aside from newly debuted Exo-K, I am also a huge fan of SHINee, Big Bang, Super Junior, Beast, MBLAQ, Infinite and U-Kiss! And… a lot lot more.”

You then realized these fangirls have biases. “So… who’s your bias, Nami?”

“In Exo-K?” she asks.

“Mm.”

She pulls another picture from the little pile.



She smirks.“Look at these six guys unnie. I don’t have one! I have all of them as bias. I LOVE ALL OF THEM!” She proudly declares and leans at the other side of your door frame, facing you, daydreaming or night dreaming, rather.

“Oh, who's birthday? I mean.. so all of them is your bias.”

She then squeals and tries to remember other events of Exo-K. “Omo... there’s even one time when… aish! Why do I forget it? That was with… Chanyeol oppa and Baekhyun oppa!”

*Exo-K, huh? Cool name, by the way.*

You then looked back at the images of six hot, Korean guys in your hands. “Uhm, you won’t get these?” You passed her the pictures. One in wallet size fell, without both of you noticing. “I should be sleeping now! We’ll talk some other time, unnie! Annyeong~” She hisses cutely and goes running to her room.

“Annyeong.” You plainly said with a sleepy face. *That was... time kinda well spent, I think?*

You then look up, finding the clock outside the door that read eight thirty seven. “Oh shoot! Seven minutes past bedtime!” You snarled.

You were about to close the door when you looked down, finding a small, unseen one with light blue borders. “Hey, I didn’t see this one yet. Yeah right, there were a lot. I only looked at three big ones and the one Nami showed.” You mumbled to yourself.



You snatched it from the ground and were about to give it back to your cousin but the clock again, appeared before your eyes. *Sheeesh! I can’t be late tomorrow. I’m dead if I exceed eight thirty! Nami's room is quite a time to go and I'm sure Ahjussi is..ah!* you noted and glanced at it one more time, closing the door.

"So they're from SM entertainment?" you asked no one in particular.

*They look really good.* You then realize there was another one stuck behind it. You carefully parted it, trying not to damage it as you sit on your bed. *Oh, this one looks cute.*



“Then I guess, Exo-K, say annyeong to your new fan? I guess.” You gladly chuckled inaudibly and put one photo in your purple and white wallet, next to your backpack. While the other one, you placed it behind your bag tag.

*First day of classes, hmmm? Seoul Arts High, teachers and students of that institution, please be good to me.* You hugged your pillow tight, drifting off to sleep.