Introductions

These Exotic Dreamers

 

 

Look! Exo-U and Exo-N together! …and there’s uh... someone.

Is that SONG HYE MI? The junior who fainted?

Omo! What sorcery did that witch do to them?

Are you kidding? She’s not that pretty for our oppas, right?

She’s ugly, on second thought, actually.

Probably just a responsibility to look after.

Hmph, what a child!

You were silently listening to these dreadful comments. With the six males around your limping body, they thought you didn’t. Sorry to say, you did. You’re still hearing and surely hurting.

What always made invisible and tiny holes in your heart were comments that are untrue. *Witch? I can accept that. Not pretty? Too, I can.* Any humble girl would never say she is pretty, but would really hurt when said ugly.

“A responsibility? A child?” You chided. To whom? To yourself. You were mildly scolding yourself. You felt pain, but not too much. Dull, but for long. Until when will you endure these nonsense? The males were worriedly glancing at you from time to time as you near the auditorium entrance.

“STOP GLANCING. YOU ALL ARE MAKING THINGS WORSE.” You demanded in a hiss. They all shrugged, like you said nothing that made way in their ears. *HOYEAH RIGHT. Who am I? I’m nothing to anyone in this school.*

Your right mind finally illuminated. “I’ll say this one last time: stop your stuff with me.”

Without hesitation, you got out of their circle and made your way to the other door by the far left where ‘outcasts’ like nerds and not-so-good-looking-ones entered. The six males’ eyes darted out, following you by your quick actions.

“That girl…” Tao’s eyes widened

“…was guardedly swift.” Jongdae smirked.

“I thought she was weak and all.” Minseok smirked.

“…and is easily ordered.” Yixing adds, improving their way of speaking.

Luhan rolled his eyes as you enter, “Why do we care? She tells us probably for the third time not to.” He suddenly elbows Kris, “…and why are we with Exo-N, hnn, duizhang? Why?”

Kris turns around and finds out that Exo-N had made their other spot. *Why does she bring us as a whole without arguments when we clearly are not in good terms.*

As soon as the attendance was made clear that everyone was around, the program started. And as what you expected, only the popular ones made their ways to the stage.

Girls were before boys. You cared less for them anyway. Except if one would make it to your cold barriers. *And neither those guys can’t.*

“Owh, hey!” You hissed as lowly as you can as a chubby girl in pigtails and nerd glasses bumped on both your knees.

She bowed very apologetically, “Jeungmal mianhida.”

For some reason, you had the urge to not give her your mean side. “Gwenchana.” You smiled like an idiot but retreated when you realized you just showed her a rare, very rare side you own.

“Go.” You ordered like how you always do back in America. “M-mwo?” She asks, confused of the bright side you showed seconds later and the real side.

“Hearing problems?” You warned with your hands, sending her to bow again and make her seat away.

The program was starting. It wasn’t boring and it wasn’t that interesting for you to really stand and clap your hands. You sat there, trying to appreciate some. There were some that made to your heart, most just made you nod. “Uhh her… okay. She is pretty, and popular anyways.” You made a remark silently as you watch the same girl that hurt you in the Gucci store end her performance.

“Exo-N!” The emcee called. The three stood up. *What does that even mean?* You sat straight and watched. Before you could become aware of, the fat one was eyeing you, giving you a big grin. Tao smiled while Yixing nodded happily. People started tracing their eyes.

*Shoot. WAE?* You sunk in your seat, sending evil glares to the three on the stage. They chuckled and proceeded. You were to preoccupied with those that were looking at you that you hardly remembered what they were saying.

“Annyeonghasseyo! I’m Kim Min Seok, but you can call me Xiumin… if we’re close and I like you. Hehe~” He emphasizes if as he grins to you while everyone goes: “Aaaaaww! Sooo cuteeee~” “Kyaa~ Minseokie oppa!!”

“Annyeonghasseyo! I’m Zhang Yi Xing but my friends call me Lay.” He also emphasizes my friends as if you’re one of them and shows his dimples as he turns to you. *Can’t they stop it? So bothersome!* You kept on rolling your eyes in aggravation while girls admire his dimples and clever neck.

As the third one approaches the microphone, girls started fangirling. *Why? What’s so admirable about the panda?* Tao clears his throat and speaks. “Annyeonghasseyo, Tao-imnida!” He nodded at you and places his fist next to his cheek.

*What is he doing? WANTING A FIGHT?* You misunderstood, of course. “Buing~ Buing~” He sweetly cooed. “That…was…shocking.” You blinked at him. *Aegyo fits him.*

They started doing their short performance. You didn’t expect them to be so good. The three dances so fine. Lay looked like he would make a good main dancer in the group. Xiumin, despite his chubby appearance can show off really quick and hip-hop-ish.

Your mouth opened a little as Tao did a flip. He looked like he could suspend in air. People were gushing about his skills. “Wow. That one is a kung fu panda.” You whispered.

"They said that Tao does yoga for his flexibility!" one whispers. "And Zitao oppa also had ten years of experience in wushu. But not sure tho~" her friend adds.  *Really?*

They went down as they ended but Tao ran up back. *Why? What trick will he do?*

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!!~” You had to cover your ears in concern that your eardrums might explode. Good thing Tao wasn't looking or pointing to you when he did his flying kiss. *He looks so badass but he’s so aegyo-able.*

 

“Exo-U!” The emcee yelled. And as expected, the screams, yells and chants were louder. You hated excess light, too much darkness, too much silence and excess loudness. You controlled yourself from getting up and walking away. People would think badly of you again.

Fortuitously, none of them was staring at you. You overheard some nerds chatting at full volume about them, ulzzangs or so-called best faces. No one can deny they aren’t good-looking. *So that’s what U means? Then what about N? Can’t be nerds, right? Hah. That’s not even funny.*

“Annyeonghasseyo, Kim Jong Dae-imnida. But, I go by the name Chen.” He begins in a very manly tone without even looking at the audience who keeps on waving at him. “Shy type?” You smirked.

“Annyeonghasseyo, Lu Han-imnida.” He only half-smiles. *Seriously, what’s wrong with this batch? They’re not like that when we had lunch. Well, food.* You were intrigued by this eoljjang/s real behavior.

Kris was finally the one holding a microphone. Screams grew louder and more insufferable. You tried to stand while covering your ears but he held you from making a move. How? He fixed his gaze on you as he starts. “Annyeonghasseyo, I’m Wu Fan. But I go by the English name Kris.”

Girls and even boys were captivated. They blushed as if Kris spoke to them personally. “Weird, weird names. Are they foreigners, too?” You grumbled under your breath.

The emcee again, asked them to show a little of their talent. Chen and Luhan sang a short Chinese version of What is Love. *It…sounds really good. How’d they make it?* Kris then inserted a little rap followed by Chen’s little dance and Luhan’s devilish moves. It was getting more attention-grabbing and out of the ordinary. Chen ended it with a piece of his high-pitched voice.

Your mouth formed into and O as they sang. *The six of them…are incredibly talented.*

They bowed and went down, not trying to mind the uproar created by most girls. Your mouth tugged into a quick smile. *No suspicion, the six of them are.*