Certain

These Exotic Dreamers

      

We love you readers! [yii. mii and exo-m does!Hearts from kungfu panda maknae Zitao. 

-----------------------------------------------

 

Day two finally ended. *Like, at long last!* You were more than happy to receive a text from Kim Nami, informing you that they will be picking you up. You calmly walked towards the door, and yes, a random, sturdy yet gentle hand grips your wrist. 

*Aish! That can't be Yeonhee’s hand.* You rolled your eyes before facing whoever it was. It was the one with dimples. You lifted an eyebrow at him. He continued to show his pure smile. “Won’t you take a look at the board?”  Tao peeked at you from his back with his usual aegyo starting position. *Did he just pop out?*

Then came Xiumin too. You rapidly blinked at them. You finally looked back at Lay to speak. “Ani.” You harshly tugged your wrist away from his hold. “Why should I? I’m not even—”

“YOU CAN COME WITH ME, HYE MI-SSI!” Yeonhee brightly beamed. You gritted your teeth in anger at her who came into sight. *Why the hell do you emerge out all of a sudden?* You angrily huffed in mind.

“NO!! NO!! She's going with us! WITH US!” Xiumin begged. “Please? Pleaaaaseee?” Tao pouted, Lay nodded innocently with enlarged eyes and an uncertain smile.

You held on the straps of your backpack as you looked down to calm yourself for seconds. Almost fastly, your eyes went back up. “When I say no, it’s a no. Okay?” You insisted evenly with squited eyes, in English. They were automatically surprised by your intense gaze.  Tao was about to do aegyo again when you turned around.

Yet you immediately halted as you spotted Kris. He was there in front of your section door with his team, they looked like they were listening earlier.

“Hi.” Chen unemotionally waved. You dramatically shrugged. *I can get used to this beings but I’m going to end the days normally. THAT’S IT.*Your eyes traveled to the short, younger-looking one. He appeared to be more bothered and anxious than you. *What the hell is wrong with this guy?* You nibbled on your lower lip.

“Bigheaded.” You murmured, yet he caught that. “SHEN ME?” Luhan barked.

“At least he’s cute.” Tao muttered. All except you (as predicted) turned to him.*What the hell, HUANG ZI TAO?* He mentally facepalmed himself. “Uh, uhh, n-no. I was- uhm, I m-meant, I’m cute-”

“Cuter.” *HAH! BURN LUHAN! BURN! Wait, no freeze! FREEZE!* Xiumin corrected, smiling and shooting playfully at you who was almost deathly quiet, then the stung ulzzangs. Tao looked at him with an approving grin. *Way to go, Xiumin gege!*

Luhan looked taken aback. “What?” He calmly paused, tilting his head left to right: fake and mean, I know.

Kris and Chen looked at him, so did all of you but yours looked worn-out. Yeonhee was just enjoying the sight of the school-famous males.“Are you kidding me?” He continued, tugging on a small smile by the corner of his mouth. “Hah, if you didn’t or never knew, were chinese ulzzangs—”

“That doesn’t make you cute.” You said, serene and relaxed. His own eyes rounded. “W-what?” Now all eyes were glued on you. “Nah.” You simply walked away. *Ahjussi and Nami. They are probably waiting for me now.*

After a few sets of steps, someone called you by name. “Song Hye Mi.” You recognized it. It was the same tone with his 'wake up' call on the bus. It was Kris and his cold yet manly voice. You stopped but didn’t turn around. The students were now gushing about this and that.

Please. Why care? Why mind rambles when you know it is false?

Before you could advance two more steps from that placed you stopped, Kris and his long legs were marching unenthusiastically towards you. He was now in front of you, blocking your view and making everyone else covetous and tittle-tattle.

You looked up at him, impatient and curious. You waited for him to talk; his eyes were wandering around as if he was looking for something. (Yes, in front of you.)

Your eyebrows arched up in annoyance. You blew a frustrated raspberry before speaking.“Yah. You giant, if you didn't realize, you’re blocking my way.” He ignored your attempts, while you felt the other two of his kind surround you. *What the—*

“We wanted to ask you if you—” You spun around to eye that one with amazing facial sculpt. Chen recognized your dangerous glares. He tried gulping and clearing his throat several times but he can’t find the words to question. “ASK WHAT?” You impatiently snarled.

Luhan rolled his eyes and poked your shoulders. You turned to him, looking aloof now. *She shows herself so unapproachable and unsociable. It can’t be her: maybe duizhang isn’t right after all.* He himself didn't know if he'd ask a question too. *Should we really ask her if she knows-*

“Really? You three are so uncommunicative. Making people stop, calling them for nothing? How unusual can all of you in this school be?” You spat. *Is she kidding us?* He chortled as well as Chen. “We knew that two years ago. But... have you tried looking at the mirror yourself?” Luhan suggested, playing with his fingers in boredom. Before you could speak out, Chen's voice rose up, sweetly. “You are remarkably strange.” Chen commented. *Though weird, still wonderful.* He added in mind.

You sarcastically sighed. “Then why are you all over me? I know I'm not-” You spun around once more to face Kris yet he wasn’t there. *Where did he go?* Your mouth curved, despite a bit astonished. “See? That giant even left. You should too.”

Before taking another step, Chen, who was in your left, held your left wrist. *Sheesh! WHAT NOW?* While Luhan, on your right, accelerated steps, he bent down: his mouth was near your right ear, causing you to immobilize, yet still cool and composed.

“Little Miss Clumsy-ah, he did not leave.” He whispered with an unrecognizable singing voice. “He verified something.” Chen inserted. *…and I hope he is correct.*

You didn’t understand, and probably will never understand what these two were talking about so you detached all their links from you. You removed Chen’s hand and pushed Luhan’s forehead away with the back of your right hand. (Yes, you weren’t facing them.)

You finally made your way out with a despicable expression. *Why me? So maddening! UGH! Don't think about it! Don't stress about it.*

Luhan and Chen couldn’t believe you. They had only known you for hours. And they weren't even sure if they really knew you. Your acts, the way you talked and how you respond. *I'll never get the guts out of her.* They both thought.

But when Luhan looks forward to news of her, not being the help of them, Chen goes contrary in mind. *I hope duizhang comes back with good news. Or this would be totally worthless. Even if her attitude is like this. Something can happen.*

 


 

 

*Verify what? Have they gone mad? UH! What’s with them saying that I’m attached with them whatsoever?* You thought of what the ulzzangs had said as you arrived at the gates. *Eh, whatever! NEVERMIND!* You saw Nami by one of the stores across your school. You ran over her when the road was clear.

 

She was about to enter the store when you held her arm. She spun around to look at you who looked mad inside. “Oh! Unnie!” She grinned. You shortly smiled. “Where’s the car?” You lightly asked, looking around.

 

She furrowed her eyebrows. “Why are you rushing? Let’s buy something first!” She dragged you inside and you couldn’t utter anymore. She was buying food and drinks. *And I thought something was only one?* You rolled your eyes.

 

She was picking on random ones she find interesting and attractive and some of her favorites. She’d ask you too if there was anything you’d like but you only shook her head, following her impatiently. “Why are you buying here? Why not malls?” You asked, remembering of those times when you two went to the mall where she selects cheap stores.

 

She angled her head the side to see you. “Well, one was Appa planned on getting you so I got the chance. That means free ride. And the products are discounted so yeah.” You looked at her quizzically. She talks like an old woman, most likely more mature than you are. (In some aspects.)

 

“You go here? Frequently?” “Nde! Of course! Appa always visits your school, and I always spend my time here in this little store.” She smiles, proceeding to the cashier, perhaps.

 

You looked away and tried not to be irritated, after all, she’s your younger cousin. Totally a different matter than your fellow junior nuisances, and yes, that includes Lee Yeonhee.

 

Your eyes cautiously traveled to the familiar figure walking back to the school. *Is that…the giant?* You took steps forward and scanned through the glass walls. It was Kris, indeed. He was walking towards s, namely Luhan and Chen.

 

But moreover, your eyes spotted the familiar structure when you arrived in Seoul. The dorm. The dorm beside Seoul Arts High. *Why didn't I notice that earlier? Oh-wait, I was too darn tired to scan.* You noticed students coming in and out and wondered why Kris stopped there when you two first met. There were a lot of questions running through your mind.

 

(A/N: Remember, guise? Chapter one?)

*But they rode on the bus with me. Why would they travel on wheels if their dorm is so near?* More inquiries like: Why was Kris visiting the dorm when you arrived? Where are those three going? Why was he from the airport too, did he arrive from China? Why don't the two groups hang out when you're not around and what the hell they were always bugging you about.

 

Bit by bit, you found yourself starting to care... and no, that can't be.

 

You looked at them with almost, recognizable nonchalant eyes, they were probably heading to the waiting shed, Kris looked so happy that when he smiles and talks, his pink gums show. Chen started nodding excitedly while Luhan rolled his eyes, yet there was a smile plastered on the corners of his mouth. They looked like they were talking about something they were certain about.

 

You stopped prying when you realized blocking your view, was Nami with a bag. You looked down at the thing in her hand. Only one bag. She only brought what her wallet had allowed her.

 

You two walked out to the small parking lot, to go home of course. You finally spotted your Ahjussi and his car. He waved at you and you smiled willingly. *Thank God for uncle. Second day ending sure went typical. Yet still mind-boggling.*

 

“So, Hyemi-ah…” Ahjussi started calling on you as you and Nami munch on random junkfood she would suggest. And as expected, random asian food (and treats) always interest your tastebuds.

You looked at him (he was already driving, of course) while he glanced at you through the mirror. “Remember what you’re Ahjumma said?”

 

You puffed air into your mouth. *Oh no, I have to run errands for her!? Oh wait no. He's talking about the business.* “Uh…yes? The three huge rooms in my floor will be for rent?”

 

“I just wanted to tell you that only two rooms will be for rent.” He said. “Why?” You and Nami both asked. “Because the other one, hmm, I’ll let someone—no, a group of good guys of mine rent it. Or stay there for awhile.”

 

*Araso.* You and your young cousin nodded. Yet you were uninterested. *Maybe old men. Ehh. Maybe Ahjussi's friends.*

 


 

 

 

“Good thing you saw him, duizhang. Well, I should’ve seen him too if not for that clumsy doll.” Luhan said in monotone as they arrived on the waiting shed. Chen elbowed his hyung. “Yah. At least we knew we weren’t wasting our time on her.”

 

Kris smiled again, possibly the tenth time. “But remember, we won’t annoy her like—” “The nuisances.” Luhan finished. Chen lifted a puzzled eyebrow. “It’s not like we really want her to help us, anyway.” The two older ones looked at him. “No really, geges. If she’ll help, she will. I won’t bother wasting the image we have for her. No way.” He continued then rolled his eyes.

 

“Way to go, Chenchen.” Kris shortly laughed while Luhan looked at Chen proudly. “We should get rest when we arrive at the little house to prepare for the opening.” Luhan advised while Chen approvingly nodded.

 

“By the way, that old man said he can get us a place to stay.” Kris notified. “Like… at last? At last we found a place to stay?” Chen inquired with sarcastic eyes. “Is it free?” Luhan smirked. “My wallet is running out, duizhang. I really need to debut now.” He growled jokingly as a bus approached the place.

 

Kris gazed at s. They are like this when it’s only the three of them: their unexposed selves. Yet you know they were cold when shown to the world. “Stupid. Of course we’ll… find a way to pay.” They got up the bus.

 

*Now we’re certain. We’re sure that you are the old man’s niece who we will hopefully, yet doubtfully help us reach our dreams. I still can’t believe I found you almost like fate, Hyemi.* Kris smilingly thought.

 

A/N: Did I get you all confused? Stay tuned!~