Lunch With Them

These Exotic Dreamers

 

You gritted your teeth in fury. “I’m serious. Everyone’s maliciously looking at us. Could you all please go away?” You murmured under your breath.

Tao laughed. “But this is our table.” He imitated your ways which made Yixing and Minseok snicker in giddiness.

Your eyes almost greatly expanded in humiliation. “Then why won’t you let me out this freaking EXO-N or whatever table?” You glared at Luhan who only puffed air in his mouth.

You couldn’t and wouldn’t eat like this if people were to eye you. No.

You rolled your eyes and glued them to Tao, who was beside you now. “You know, tell the inactive ones I don’t freaking understand them but I have to eat good, and I don’t even know any of you or what I should be thankful of so I’m going.”

You closed your lunchbox quickly and stood up as fast as you can. Kris transfered his stare at Luhan and Jongdae who nodded.

The two stood up to face you. Shocked, you backed bit by bit. “Really? WHAT DO YOU WANT?” You huffed. Almost everyone now stopped their doings and watched you with curiosity.

You couldn’t read their minds nor their expresssions. “I-I get it. Thanks.” You rolled your eyes and bent down to bow. You hated too much use of words but you added, “Kamsamnida.”

You turned around and rapidly walked. *Now where do I find a place to eat?* You spotted a space near the wide field. It was surely far. There were benches under the trees. You saw only a nerdy couple eating there. You smiled and decided to eat in the far bench with ease.

Meanwhile in the canteen, Kris stood up and started walking, passing by the students with a small smile, followed by Luhan and Jongdae. Minseok nodded to his group and decided to go with them.

 

"Omo! Was oppa smiling? AND EXO-N IS FOLLOWING U!"

"Is it because of her?"

It was good of the that none actually followed the handsome fellows. It was first day, what else could happen other than a Junior who fainted because of six incredibly fine men? What else could be possibly interesting and more than meets the eye?

 

...

 

You opened your lunch again. You felt someone’s presence in close proximity to you. You didn’t mind at all. But now, hearing more sets of footsteps, you closed your lunchbox in frustration. *IT’S THEM AGAN!*

The six men sat themselves in front of you, they were sitting in the grass like obedient children listening to grandmother’s folklores. You blinked at the six. Even Kris and his silent team were there. Kris was the one in front of you.

Good news is, no one even saw this scene. That couple is too far too. *Ahhhh, great. NO CROWD. I can do whatever I want. Hmmm~*

You sighed and began to screech. “Really? Can you PLEASE tell me what’s up with you? WHY WON’T YOU SPEAK? Why… all of you are following me?” You muttered the last sentence in the fake and saddest pitch you own.

“You know, you should at least be thankful for what I… uh, we did.” Kris grunted.

You creased your forehead in deep exasperation. “What is it? Aside from helping me in the bus and catching me when I stumbled backwards?” You tried not to yell. Heh, who are you kidding? Of course you were, since they are distant and no one was watching this scene.

“All of us, Exo-U and Exo-N even brought you to the clinic because you fainted. That’s it.”  He said, not looking at you and placing his palm comfortably on the grass as he feels the wind.

*Exo U and N? Whataa?* You were irked. “And? I already said thanks—“

Jongdae and Luhan glared at you in a very cold and dark manner.

You turned to the other three, Zitao, Minseok and Yixing who smiled widely after you turned to them. *They are energy balls, alright?*

You did a sarcastic smile. “Can you tell me how to declare A MILLION THANKS to all of you? I mean, thank you ultra tall guy for helping me with the freaking suitcase. Uhm, you and you for the dilemma in your good store.” You nodded at Jongdae and Luhan.

“And thank you, yes you for helping me at Gucci and you and you for the… the handkerchief. I… I kept it.” You rolled your eyes seeing Minseok’s enlightened eyes while the other quiet three only showed you blank faces.

“SERIOUSLY! TELL ME HOW DO I GET RID OF YOU?” You started to panic. *This is getting creepy, already! AND I DON’T LIKE IT.*

Everyone looked away, not knowing what to say. *Why won’t they vocalize their thoughts out?* There was this something that they wanted from you. Minseok frowned to the extent that he looked like a hungry boar.

*Hungry boar… right. They haven’t eaten lunch yet. AISH SONG HYE MI!* You inhaled and exhaled, then decided to question. “You… didn’t have lunch yet?” You asked with sensitivity.

They at the same time expelled weird acts like clicking their tongue, rolling their eyes or biting their lip. You tried not to guffaw at the view. It looked funny as hell for these tough looking males.

*Haaish, good thing Ahjussi forced me…* You smirked and ordered loudly. “Come nearer.”

They looked at you peculiarly but didn’t budge. “Do you need to be said twice?” You warned.

Without further ado, they were closely in front of your eyes. Kris was a few inches away from your knees. It looked awkward in a way but you shrugged the thought off. You started opening your backpack and pulling out boxes of good food your Ahjussi made.

“Just in case you make new friends, HyeMi-ah! THEY WILL LOVE IT. Surprise them with this.” Ahjussi forced the boxes in your medium-sized gray and purple backpack. You smiled politely but vastly disbelieved what he said.

They all looked at you in amusement. *Maybe she’s not so cold at all.* Tao thought while the rest plastered anxious faces. *Hungry birds.*

Kris abruptly stood up; you thought he would go. But instead, he sat before you. “Carry on.” He demanded, looking away. You glared at him then proceeded comfortably.

“Faster!!” Minseok couldn’t take it anymore that he stood up and got one himself, sitting to your right. “Aish. You don’t look hungry at all, neh?” They all shortly laughed. Even Kris flashed a smile.

Aside from Minseok who already ate, you passed the boxes to their order on the grass. The lunchboxes came with spoons. Your Ahjussi’s truly cool, gurae?

Minseok. Luhan. Jongdae. Tao. Yixing. *Wow, Uncle prepared only five?* You gulped down and tried to search for another one, you closed your eyes and bit your lip. *Eotteokae? What about him?*

“Uhmm...” you faced him. While he held his palm out. “Mine.” He growled an English word lowly. You weakly smiled and looked down, finding your lunchbox.

You blinked rapidly. *I’m giving mine??? Its okay, Song Hye Mi. FOR THE SAKE OF GETTING RID OF THEM!!!* You slowly placed it in his hands. He opened it and started eating too. Yes, using your spoon that still looked clean since you didn’t eat sloppily awhile ago.

You leaned in the bench, closing your eyes. From all the mixed situations that happened earlier, you were happy to know that you’ve found a way to not get involved in these popular students. You even smirked, knowing that they weren’t in your class. Or maybe you just didn’t see them?

No way.

Still closing your eyes, you grazed your forehead under the shade of the tall trees, inhaling the fresh air the green field produced. You weren’t deadly starving but you wanted to eat. You didn’t even know why you allowed these unknown guys to interfere with your time, and bag. You realized you were surrounded with these fine-looking persons.

Everyone else was busy with the good foodstuff. They won’t just express it. *For the sake of their image.*

Kris smirked in full bewilderment. *This cold and mean individual can also be openhanded at times. I find her the strangest. Hah, she thinks I won’t know this is hers?*

You felt a warm tap on your arm. You sat straight, opened your eyes and found Kris doing something with his box. Your expression and his at the same time softened as your eyes met.

“What?” You muttered; sounding tired and weakly looking at him. He all of a sudden gently tugged on your chin causing it to slightly open then put a spoonful of your Uncle’s cooking in your mouth.

You rapidly chewed at his act. Shocked, startled and surprised; you were.

A small smile was on the corner of his mouth, “You think I’m stupid?” Your eyes widened as you looked down. *Dang, he knew. This is so shameful.* He also stuffed his mouth with a spoonful.

You were confused with his actions, yet you never showed it. *Wow. We’re eating in the same box, with the same spoon?* You watched the others who appeared like they were eating in paradise.

“Is it… good?” You inquired to no one in particular but you gazed at Jongdae and Luhan who didn’t even look at you. As well as the other busy three. *Wait I don’t even know their names yet… except for this smiley three.*

“Show-offs. Then I take your silence as a yes.” You smiled inwardly as you faced Kris who provided you your fifth spoon. Your lunchbox was bigger than the others so surely you two would fit.

You then out of the blue, peeped inside your bag only to find a small bottle of water. *Aish. I’m pretty sure these flies didn’t bring water.* You tried to sight the far canteen that showed students already moving out. Afternoon classes were starting in eleven minutes.

You grabbed your wallet, ready to buy water in the canteen when Kris grabbed your arm, the same time you opened your mouth, that being your sixth spoon of good food.

“Stop moving.” He ordered heartlessly.

“AL NGO MAY MOER!” You notified, chewing on your food.

All of them looked up at you, “MWO?” They chorused, causing you to choke. Kris promptly patted your back while Minseok in your right grabbed the bottle of water beside you.

They even stopped eating. Yes, even Jongdae and Luhan just to eye you in concern.

You slowly drank the bottled water in Minseok’s hands and waved your hand in front of them to stop their worry. “I said I’ll go buy water.” You stood up and started walking fastly. “Wait here.”

“Don’t you think we should declare our gratitude, hyung?” Tao asked while facing Minseok.

Minseok finished his box. “Heh, for that cold-hearted gal? It isn’t necessary.” At last, the ulzzangs heard something from the oldest they fully agree their minds on.